Chapter 16: Dead Boss
699 6 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16: Dead Boss

"Perfectly done!" Zhou Qi raised his head, feeling cool and refresh. A creepy smile arching up from the sides of his lips. He resembled a bloodthirsty murderer with his bloody bat and crimson-stained attire.

Smashing bad eggs from time to time was good for his health. It allowed him to calm his edgy nerves. The sight of the slaughterhouse inserted some negative feelings in his head. Adding the not-so-human condition of the captives egged him to slay some wicked dogs.

The children inside the cages made him remember the early days of the void shocks. Despite the great gains achieved thanks to a few good people. The scars of those times still lingered in the hearts of everyone. Including him.

During the early days of the void shock, Zhou Qi saw the worst. The endless human greed. People who only know to take. The word to give was forgotten. Selfish bastards who only thought of themselves. A lot of humans ended up like livestock in the hands of those pricks.

Zhou Qi closed his eyes. His old memories evoked, the hunger he and his sister experienced. The death of many people he knew. The chaos that ensued.

Even the most logical and reasonable human would show spite against wicked actions. Even if it means for the greater good. Conscience would still bound them to the right path.

Of course, it's limited to those who still have it. You can't stop it when the insides are already rotting.

After seeing wrath-inducing things, it's good to let it out immediately. A heart filled with festering anger is a giant source of trouble. It distorts a person's view of the world, making a person hate the things that he shouldn't.

A good and reasonable venting clears our heads of useless thoughts.

Zhou Qi stretched his body, the popping sounds echoed like crispy rice crackers. He remembered his upcoming mission reward, a grin mounted his face.

"Cheng Shi?"

"Yes, Boss? Already done?"

"Yep, good as new!" Zhou Qi pulled the kidnapper's leg, dragging it in front of Cheng Shi. "Anyway, do hold this guy for me for a moment. I'm going to pick a surprise gift for the Lieutenant."

Cheng Shi nodded. He then picked up a chair, dragging it nearer the sleeping mutt.

Whistling on his way, Zhou Qi waltzed back to Warehouse 6. He planned to drag the corpse of the man called Boss.

"Mission Status."

___________________________

Mission Updated

When Fools Lose their Minds (2)

Mission Introduction: Why the heck are you dilly-dallying!? Get your ass moving and end it already. This system is starting to become very sick due to excessive exposure to your face. This is a one time bonus you hateful sloth! Finish this before I change my mind!

Mission Requirements. Dead devil smugglers 20/53, Save captives 0/507, Search for more information (Completed).

Mission Grade: E-

Rewards: Krav Maga Book (Master), Pistol Mastery (Expert), Random Class skill, +Stats, +Influence

Failure Penalty: Death

____________________________

Reading the ever-changing system chatbox, er, I mean mission introduction. Zhou Qi could only roll his eyes. "Tsk, still as demanding as ever."

The loan shark whistled, bringing a dead man was quite a new experience. He wanted to play a prank on the last surviving goon.

He strode towards the inner parts of the warehouse. Zhou Qi really wanted to meet the man who's pulling the strings later. A warm coffee plus a bloody chat would be perfect.

Zhou Qi dragged the corpse of the boss, pulling it to warehouse no. 1. He stuffed the body into a cabinet, waiting for the last mutt to wake up.

Zhou Qi clicked his radio earpiece: "I know your listening Fatty, everything is done. Could you please prepare the clothes now?!"

"Good! I'm on it. Oh, don't forget to wipe everyone up. Please do tell Lieutenant Chu to do her thing. Wipe them out, that's our deal." Fatty uttered, his voice showing signs of anger.

Zhou Qi picked out his favorite phone and sent a chat message to Lieutenant Chu.

Zhou Qi: Lieutenant, I already got all the information. All is clear here, you can enter now. Fatty had already traced our enemy's main hideout. We might need to move and prepare another operation at midnight.

Big Boss Chu: Really? Let me see first. I don't want to let these shit-stirrers easily go to hell. Anyway, your real aim is to bankrupt my station, no?

Zhou Qi: "Come on! I'm showering you with promotion opportunities. It's a win-win!"

With a bang, the front door was blasted away by a powerful kick. "Win-win my ass! Zhou Qi where the hell is you!?"

The lady officer's voice reverberated throughout the hallways. She waltzed as if she owned the place, her left hand swinging along with her phone. A group of fully-geared police team followed her, pointing their guns everywhere.

"I'm here. Damn! Don't shout old woman!"

"Bullsh*it, I'm not old. I'm only 25."

Soon, Zhou Qi appeared waving his hand, a grin flashing on his face. He was signaling the lieutenant to come over.

Zhou Qi presented the sleeping panda-eyed mutt. After gesturing to the Lieutenant to take a sit anywhere, he pulled out his Sig-Sauer.

The police lady only raised her eyebrows. She raised her hands, signaling Zhou Qi to continue. "What are you doing?"

With a witty grin, Zhou Qi pulled his pistol out and chuckled at the lady officer. "Waking up a bastard."

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"Ahh! What the hell! Arghh, sh*t! Sh*t. Wadda f*ck."

The kidnapper flipped in agony, his closed eyes opened in shock. The man started squirming in pain. His potty mouth cursing anything he sees.

The poor mutt caught sight of three people. The first one was holding a pistol, waving it at his face. Another was a lady, whose eyes wished to burn him dead.

The last one was a cosplaying man. He was sitting nearby playing with his watch and smartphone.

Searching for the source of pain, the mutt lowered his gaze. He saw his legs bleeding. "Who are you? Where am I? Is this heaven? Help me, please! It's painful. Arg…"

Unfortunately, none of the three moved at all. They just watch him wiggle in pain seemingly enjoying everything.

"F**k, I said help! Damn it?! Wait, who shoot me?!" The man cursed, pointing his shaking fingers at the three. Even so, he saw no reaction. "Is it you? Or you? Just wait. Once the boss finds out, I'm going to make sure to slowly kill ya the cages! I'll plug bullets on your legs. Argg!"

Zhou Qi stood up, he walked and pulled out something under a nearby makeshift bed. With a swishing sound, he threw the thing like a sandbag, landing in front of the cursing man.

Thud.

The loud sound made the squirming man turn his head. "What the f*ck what no-?!

It was a corpse. Someone familiar to him. The dead man's eyes were still open, its mouth-frothing. The scent of death made him narrow his eyes.

The groaning kidnapper's eyes suddenly constricted. His lips paled, cold sweat flowed down like a river. For a moment, he even forgot the pain he was experiencing.

"B-boss?"

Then, he heard the lady's voice, "The boss, heh. Nice thing you got here Zhou boy. Unfortunately, he's dead. Where's my intel?"

"Oh, I already got everything we need. The intel is not on me it's with Fatty."

Her forehead furrowed. "Then why did you bring me here?"

Zhou Qi coughed and said, "For verification purposes. You'll be going to need a nice story when you go get our rewards. Right?"

Lieutenant Chu's lips quivered, her eyes lit up. She then nodded. "Very good. I trust you on this."

She then moved, her left hand touching the opening of her ears. She also looked at the police officers waiting for her. "Men, we already got the information. Do what you want. No need to hold back."

Solemn echoes sounded through her earpiece.

"Thank you, Boss."

In a few moments, gunshots thundered once again. The light groans outside turned into screams. The bullet shells echoed like a tempest wind. After a hale of bullets, everything went silent once again.

Zhou Qi stretched his arms after hearing the silence. "This guy's the last one?"

He then tried to pull his pistol out for the one last kill but…

Bang!

"He's mine." Lieutenant Chu blasted the guy's head. Then, she strode back to the door as if nothing happened. "We're good! Bring me to the captives. I already called the ambulance and doctors."

"How many?"

"All of the city's medical team is coming. I already contacted the protector."

"Great!"

Soon, Zhou Qi heard the sounds of ambulance sirens echoing. Blue and red light flickered outside.

Lieutenant Chu walked outside, preparing to meet the medical team. Still, she didn't forget to leave a word in the wind.

"Thanks."

A smile of relief burst out on Zhou Qi's lips.


Thank you for reading. If you liked the novel please add it to your reading list. Please do click the heart-shaped button to support me. My Patreon is also open for your support!

Please check my other novel: The Last Dukes' Memoirs

31