Chapter 3 – Her Memories
9.8k 18 226
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 - Her Memories.

 

As the darkness prevails, a voice suddenly reached out to me in the darkness. The voice was familiar to me as it was the voice of the girl but unlike the girl now, this voice carried no sadness but instead happiness.

 

“Where are we going, Papa?” the voice said as it carried excitement, similar to when you expect something wonderful to happen.

 

“You will know soon.” a rough male voice answered as the feeling of my hand being grasped tightly can be perceived.

 

“Okay!” the voice said as I felt my feet walking happily, it was as if this was not my body. It was a weird sensation, I can’t move my body myself which was odd. Where am I though, this is clearly not a dream, I thought as the sensation of twigs being snapped by my hands is felt before it turned into a rougher while dense object, it was not a smooth object which if I go according to my senses. It was a tree, or I may be wrong.

 

This is one weird dream, I thought to myself as my feet kept walking. It was like I am inside a simulation of some sort, as a dreadful feeling crept up to me.

 

“Are we near yet, Papa?” the voice asked as it started to get worried.

 

“We are close now, just wait.” the male voice replied with a voice that felt like it was holding something in, more like it was bottling up its emotions.

 

“Okay.” the voice said as the hand that was grasping mine got tighter, I wonder if I am watching the girl’s memories. I think that is the most plausible theory as I have no recollection of these memories but the question if this is her memories then how did I get here?

 

There is just no possible way for me to enter her memories unless I possessed her and sneaked up to her brain and started watching her memories like it’s a movie but that is just not possible at all.

 

Soon, the hand that was grasping mine slowly faded away as the sounds of running intensified, it sounded like someone was escaping from something as fear quickly rose.

 

“Papa, are you there?” the voice said as my hand tried grabbing nothing but air before I stumbled on the ground very hard, the fall was painful as it felt like my head was cracked open as it got hotter.

 

NOOO! I shouted as memories of the aircraft slamming down towards me came, the feeling of pain as everything was in flames, the painful feeling of guilt was immeasurable as my body was crushed in hard concrete.

 

I AM SORRY! I kept mumbling to myself as the sensation of tears dripping from my eyes relapsed as I remembered the hellish scene that killed my “friends”, “neighbors” and even innocent strangers.

 

WHY DIDN’T I DIE WITH THEM? I thought to myself as I remembered the scene where I watched the news reporting about the incident, the names of my “friends” and the “neighbors” who actually “cared” about me.

 

“Papa, where are you?” the voice said as my body tried standing up only to stumble down once again as my knees struck down on some hard and spiky object which was probably a rock. As soon as my knees struck on the object, pain completely filled my mind as my knees slowly turned numb.

 

“Mama, I am scared.” the voice sobbed as tears uncontrollably started dripping, as the sound of birds flapping away intensified, the sensation of hard soil and limestone can be felt on my cheeks, as it started bleeding as I started remembering the cries of the children at the park as the flames became stronger.

 

WHY CAN’T I SAVE THEM? I thought as I tried hitting myself but to no avail.

 

I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO DIE!1Survivor's Guilt. I told myself as my memories relapsed faster, a bloodied scene filled with corpses, crushed by concrete.

 

An hour that felt like an eternity passed as my whole body felt numb, it felt dry as if there was no more water on it as my tears slowly stopped dripping. It was not that it was stopping, it was because it was running out of it as the voice kept crying for its parents, the people it loved the most, the people it trusted the most, only to be abandoned, thrown away like a toy.

 

CAN I AT LEAST SAVE HER? I told myself as I escaped from the hellish memories, at least if I can save one more, protect one more person. I will be forgiven right? I told myself as my whole body stood up once again only to stumble again like a frail paper.

 

“Papa, I am scared. Please take Alisha back!” the voice yelled as it grasped the soil tightly before smacking her head on it as the tears once again uncontrollably dripped from her eyes.

 

CAN I SAVE HER? I asked myself as everything she felt was transmitted to me, the feeling of being abandoned, the painful feeling of loneliness. It was tragic, harsh, and brutal, a feeling that no one deserves to have.

 

Suddenly, a hot sensation came rising up. It felt like my body was being cooked, a sensation similar to the crash scene. It was flames, the whole place was in flames.

 

NOT AGAIN! I screamed as my memories relapsed once again as my whole body started falling apart, my heart cracked as it screamed for help, as the voice yelled for help, only for our voice to be unheard. There was no one willing to hear it, there was no one willing to listen and understand what our voice carried. All they hear are the words, not the emotions inside it. How cruel is this world, how brutal is this. If only, everything would just destroy itself, if only everyone can smile brightly and care for each other. I thought as the dimension suddenly cracked, revealing a girl looking at me with tears on her eyes.

 

“I am sorry.” the voice said as my heart repaired itself in the instant, is this my final chance to be forgiven, I thought to myself as I looked at the girl’s crystal pink eyes.

 

Another chapter rewritten, compared to its previous state. This chapter now carries our MC's emotions as well. It far tells both of their story.

226