Chapte 18 – Entry to the town.
2.5k 11 95
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   "Morning, Althea." Alisha said as she rubbed her eyes.

    "Morning to you too, Alisha." I said as I combed her hair with my fingers, it has become my most favorite part of my daily routine.

    "It seems like we are about to arrive in the town." Iris said as she yawned before Alisha and I looked at the front, we are now on the wooden bridge waiting in line as carriages are slowly being inspected for possibly illegal actions.

    "Do you two have your identification cards?" Iris asked before Alisha and I froze in place before looking at her as we shook our heads.

    "Oh, I thought so, well I will explain to the guards, don't worry." Iris said as she patted our heads.

    Hey, only I can pat Alisha's hair, stop that! I thought as I slapped away her hand from Alisha's head.

    "Monopolizing as always." Iris said as she laughed with Alisha looking confused, soon it was our turn to be inspected by guards holding some kind of ordinary iron spears.

    "We will start inspecting your carriage, do you have anything extra to mention before we start?" One of the guards politely said.

    "Well, these two seem to belong from some kind of village and don't have an identification card but I can guarantee them and also the Ivy Viper the town had problems defeating were defeated by the two of them." Iris said as she handed a slim glossy card before the guards opened their eyes widely as Iris winked at them.

    "Cough cough, we'll inspect the insides for a while before the carriage will be allowed to enter." The guards said before they nervously entered the carriage before taking only a glance before nodding.

    "Well then, we have completed our inspection of the carriage and have found nothing of suspicion, therefore, you may now enter the town, please enjoy your stay, and also you can issue an identification card on the Kingdom Guild." A guard said while shuddering before the three of us nodded and we started moving once again.

    As soon as we passed through the gate, we were immediately greeted by plenty of wooden buildings that seem to look like ancient Europe with each building having colorful ceilings as well as plenty of flowers hanging from the windows.

    "Amazing," I muttered before noticing Alisha's hand trembling violently as her face paled.

    "It will be alright," I said as I held her hand down with mine before our fingers intertwined as she looked at me with a nod.

    "Well, let me say this first. Welcome to the town of Oakville, the second most populated town in the kingdom!" Iris said while smiling proudly.

    The second most populated town huh, that means this town must have plenty of food, I thought as Alisha held my hand tightly before looking at the city view with a face that is split between longing and fear.

I know what you are thinking, a short chapter again?! Well, this was actually written yesterday but somehow I forgot to publish it :blob: and also I am stockpiling on larger chapters, so this may be the only chapter for today.

95