Chapter 19 – Kingdom Guild
2.4k 8 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 19 - The Kingdom Guild

Soon, we arrived at a large building that is made of wood, it looked fairly the same as most of the buildings in this city except that this one specifically had 4 large towers that are located on all 4 sides of it.

The towers were not small, they were even taller than the building itself and were made of wood, while I was looking at the building, Iris opened the large and beautiful twin doors as we were greeted by what seems to be a tavern as the smell of alcohol wandered around the whole place.

Alisha, who was not used to places with plenty of people immediately got nervous and started shaking, as soon as I saw that, I held her hand tightly before looking at her and nodding.

"Let's go together." I said before she nodded and we slowly followed Iris's steps.

Weirdly enough, no one bothered looking at us in the eye as if it was a normal occurrence within the place as we slowly walked to what looked like a reception, which had a pretty blue hair, blue eyes onee-san holding a wooden board, as we got closer, the onee-san noticed us and smiled brightly.

"Hello, do you have anything to do with the guild, little girls?" The onee-san asked with a face that seemed to shout "ara-ara!".

"I would like a private room please for now." Iris said as she placed the card we saw earlier during the gates which was a slim glossy card similar to a credit card in my previous world.

The onee-san immediately after seeing the card somehow had her eyes open wide before shaking her head and calming herself down, I wonder what the true identity of Iris is...

"Please follow me." The onee-san said as we walked to one of the corners of the building where there were like 12 or so doors all lined up, I am guessing these doors lead to different private rooms as the door we were headed to was a wooden door with golden accents running around it.

Soon, the onee-san twisted the handle on the door before it slowly opened, revealing a small well-lit room with two couches that are facing each other along with a table on the middle of them, all of them are once again made out of wood with the floor mat being the only exception.

"Please have a seat while I will call a member of the guild to assist you." The onee-san said before we nodded as we sat down on one couch before she left quietly.

As soon as we were left on our own, the whole room had this awkward silence floating around with no one willing to talk, that is of course with the exception of Alisha who was looking around the place out of curiosity, these are the only times where I truly felt that Alisha is acting as her age really, not that I have a say as well though since I was fairly close to her age back on my previous world.

It was just that becoming a grimoire somehow slowly affected my personality, and added with the story I had, it really changed the young me into someone more mature, that was all in order to survive alone.

Back when Mother died, she left behind a large pool of money for inheritance with many of my relatives chasing after me every day for a part of it, they act like they are looking after me like they cared only to leave while grinning, I was naive on the first year Mother died and had gotten half of the money thrown to the distant relatives.

While I was thinking of such thoughts, the door once again opened with Alisha doing a backflip to the couch in a panic which was hilarious.

Soon, a person with a muscular structure came in, this person, unlike most people I've seen carried a heavy aura, the aura felt like it could destroy a weak person's insides alone, it was that heavy but somehow, Alisha never got intimidated as she just held my hand tightly while looking at the person carefully.

"What do you need from the guild, little girls?" The person said as he closed the door and sat on a couch with both of his hands on the table as it held his face that was staring into us.

"Papa, you look funny." Iris said as she laughed loudly, wait what did you say again?!

Did you just call this person, your Papa?!

"Come on, Iris! I was trying to look cool on the two little girls, don't expose me that quickly!" The person said as he pouted, which really did not fit his looks at all.

"Sorry, it was just too funny!" Iris said as she laughed loudly, wait if this is Iris's father then isn't he the one who made the weapon Alisha is using?!

"Cough cough, well then let me introduce myself. I am Kairaos Alverost, the current kingdom-wide guild master." The person, who we identified as Iris's father said.

"Well, let me introduce them, this is Alisha, the inheritor of that little weapon you use to always use, and this is Althea, her grimoire." Iris said as she introduced us slightly.

"Hey Iris, is it okay to introduce me as a grimoire?!" I asked loudly.

"Of course, there is no problem when it comes to Papa since he doesn't spread it despite being the kingdom-wide guild master." Iris proudly said as she grinned.

"I can't believe that little fellow finally found a new master and a grimoire owner to add." Iris' father, Kairaos said in surprise as he brushed his imaginary beard similar to how Iris would do.

"Well, don't worry about your identity, little girl, so what is your main purpose of coming here Iris, it seems like you have something interesting to say." He said before Iris nodded while smiling.

"It will interest you a lot, Papa!" Iris said.


Yes, I have changed the way I write, it feels cleaner to me without the indentions and etc but I need your opinion.

Should I keep my writing style?
  • Yes, it feels better. Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No, go back to your original. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on May 22, 2020 10:44 PM.
80