Chapter 40 – Capital City
1.2k 18 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 40 - Capital City.

 

A few days soon passed before a large wall with a large line of carriages slowly came to our sight as we approached closer to the capital, the wall was painted matte black, or rather it was not the paint but the materials used on itself.

 

“It seems like you two are curious about the wall huh?” Iris’ uncle said as Alisha who was holding the wolf cub on her arms and I nodded, the wall really makes you curious as it gave off an impregnable feel, especially added with that black look.

 

“That wall was built by our ancestors during the third demonic war, the wall is made of Quantum Mythril which is extremely expensive to build but in exchange, it makes the wall basically impregnable to the extent that it requires at least two creatures that have equals strength or even higher than a demon king once it gets powered by mana.” He explained as we listened intently while the wolf cub was cuddling on Alisha.

 

“How was it discovered?” I asked as I stared at the wall.

 

“Quantum Mythril was discovered or rather invented by the third Great Sage by weaving mana-powered mythril onto a certain object which was never disclosed.” He said proudly.

 

The title Great Sage really isn’t for show huh, I thought as we soon arrived at the walls before moving to a certain gate on the side which had not a single carriage in line, it was similar to a VIP gate if I had to say.

 

“Welcome back, sir Alverost!” The guards said as they saluted.

 

“Mmm, may we pass?” Iris’ uncle asked as the guards nodded and opened the gate before the carriage started moving once again, these horses are surprisingly very smart as they know when to stop and when to start moving again. Actually, I wonder what happens to the horses when they are stored in a storage crystal.. I should probably not think of it.

 

“Where are we staying?” Alisha suddenly asked while caressing the wolf cub, Nahrin’s fur.

 

“Don’t worry about that, we have a fairly small mansion here.” Iris’ mother said as she smiled at us.

 

“Okay.” Alisha said as she slowly leaned to my shoulders as the wolf cub yawned before falling asleep between mine and Alisha’s lap.

 

“By the way, I forgot to ask, but when did you two get a Helper Wolf?” Iris suddenly asked as the other three looked at us and nodded.

 

“Well, we were finishing up a quest in one of the forests near town when we heard a small cry from a nearby bush and found her.” I explained as the three of them nodded.

 

“You two are fairly lucky, those wolf cubs are worth at least 500 gold coins.” Iris said as she looked at the cub who was sleeping on Alisha and mine’s lap with a smile.

 

500 gold coins, that is a rather tremendous amount for a pet, I thought as I gently patted the wolf’s head.

 

Soon, time passed as we entered another gate before arriving at a large mansion that was filled with guards. The mansion was very large, if I had to say, it was the size of twenty houses combined which was insane. Is this what they called “fairly small”?!

 

“This place hasn’t changed much, huh.” Iris’ father muttered as he looked at the mansion with nostalgic eyes, wait are you secretly nobles?!

 

“Yeah, it really hasn’t.” Iris’ mother said as she held his hand, oh wait, please no lovey-dovey moments here!

 

We soon stopped in front of the mansion before a butler opened the door and bowed down along with a long line of maids and knights, as Iris’ father looked at us and nodded before stepping down from the carriage.

 

“Welcome home, master!” All of them shouted in unison as Iris’ father nodded before handing a hand out to us as we slowly got off the carriage before walking towards the door.

 

“It feels weird.” I muttered as Alisha nodded and held me tightly nervously as the small wolf cub walked besides her.

 

“Well then, Iris, how about you lead them to their rooms?” Iris’ mother whose name is still not something I know, said as Iris nodded before leading us to a fairly large room with a king sized bed.

 

“You two can use this room for as long as you like, you can design it to your liking or whatever, it’s all yours!” Iris said while smiling as we entered the room which had a childish feel that calms you down, wait you mean we own this room now?

“This room is equipped with pretty much everything you two will ever need, from wardrobes to a very large bathroom, so don’t worry too much!” Iris said as she showed us around the room while carrying a proud smile.

 

“Well then, I’ll head out first, you two can come to the dining room after you finish taking a bath for lunch.” She said as we nodded before she left the room leaving Alisha and I alone with the wolf cub.

 

“Now then, what to do?” I muttered as I looked around the room with Alisha jumping straight at the bed before bouncing up as the wolf cub jumped straight at her before rubbing her head with Alisha’s.

 

“I want to sleep!” Alisha said as she hugged the wolf cub like a pillow, squishing it.

 

“Arf~!” The wolf cub cried as it tried to escape from Alisha’s hug, that is what you get for jumping straight at her!

 

“Hey, bathe first before sleep!” I said as I sat down on the bed which was extremely comfortable before poking her cheeks as she turned around towards me before biting my finger once again.

 

“No poking!” She said as she pouted cutely, why don’t you like my pokes?

 

My pokes are the best, you know!

 

“Fine, let’s go take a bath then.” I said as she nodded before taking the wolf cub with her and entering the bath as I followed, as we took a long bath before coming out with the dress that was specially made for us back in the town.

59