Chapter 41 – Mystery Dream
1.2k 30 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 41 - The Mystery Dream

 

Soon after we took a bath, we immediately headed to the dining room where we ate with Iris' parents. The dish that was on the table was a simple omelet which was extremely tasty as it was made specially by Iris, of course!

 

"Do you two have any plans for tomorrow?" Iris' mother suddenly asked while smiling as Alisha looked at me as if to pass the question to me.

 

"Hmm, I would really like to tour around the capital, why you ask?" I replied as Alisha nodded before continuing to eat on her omelet while also occasionally feeding the small and fluffy wolf cub, Nahrin.

 

"Well, you see, we plan to have you two enrolled in an academy for three weeks." Iris' mother said as she elegantly sliced her omelet before eating it.

 

Wait, why are we being enrolled for an academy, and for three weeks only?

 

"Well, the reason for it is to avoid being suspected as a spy by the higher-ups." Iris replied, does it have something to do with the report?

 

"What is an academy?" Alisha asked as she fed the little wolf.

 

“Well, an academy is a place where you learn stuff.” Iris explained before Alisha tilted her head.

 

“What is there to learn?” She asked.

 

"Well, not much but I will be personally there in order to teach you two for the whole three weeks." Iris' father replied.

 

"Is that so, hmm, then it's up to Althea!" Alisha said as she passed the trouble to me.

 

Well, if they are convincing us this much then it wouldn't hurt to enroll, after all, it's only three weeks and we could maybe learn more about this world.

 

"Okay, the two of us will give our consent, when will we start?" I asked as I ate the final piece of my omelet.

 

"Hmm, that would depend on when your uniforms will be ready, which would most likely take a week." Iris' mother said as she smiled.

 

"We still need to have you two fitted though, so if possible, please leave the next day after tomorrow free." She added as I nodded while Alisha was now playing with the wolf cub.

 

"Well then, we'll head out first." I said as I bowed down before Alisha noticed and bowed down as quickly as she could while confused.

 

"Mhm, have a good sleep!" The three of them said as we nodded before going back to our room with the small wolf, Nahrin immediately bolting to the bed with Alisha.

 

"Are academies fun?" Alisha asked as she hugged the wolf cub.

 

Is it fun, all I remember was suffering in my past life, so I don't know as well.

 

"It should be fun." I said as I sat beside her while smiling at her.

 

"Is that so?" She asked as I nodded before an awkward silence fell upon us as the wolf cub cuddled up to Alisha.

 

“How about we take a short bath first before going to sleep?” I suggested as she nodded and we soon took our towels and pajamas to wear before heading to the bath, our pajamas are slightly different though, she has pandas for hers while I have kittens for mine, though the kittens are what I expected as these kittens are more like tigers if I had to say.

 

We soon entered the bath which was a very large one with a shower beside it, the biggest surprise we got a while ago was the floor does not make you slip at all even when wet, also want to know why I suggested to take another bath even after we had one a short while ago?

 

Well, the bath here is the best as it somehow actively regulates the temperature of the water to give the most comfort added with the water here that somehow gives a healing feeling, it is literally the best bath I’ve ever taken!

 

Soon after soaking in the bath together for about almost an hour, we dried ourselves up with the towels before wearing our pajamas and heading to the bed where the wolf cub was sleeping peacefully after being squished by Alisha.

 

“Hey, Althea, do you mind telling me a story?” Alisha suddenly said as she rested on the bath.

 

“You want bedtime stories?” I asked as she nodded, hmm what kind of story would fit her, I think a happy bedtime story would be nice, probably The Fisherman and the Little Fish1Source: http://www.read.gov/aesop/031.html would be nice?

 

“Hmm, let me tell you a story about a fisherman and a small fish from another planet.” I said as she nodded while listening intently, before I started narrating the story about how a poor fisherman caught a small fish who soon begged for its life saying “Please spare me, Mr. Fisherman! I am so small it is not worthwhile to carry me home. When I will be bigger, I shall make you a much better meal.”....

 

Soon, twenty minutes passed as I narrated a modified version of the story while caressing her soft hair before she fell asleep mid-way.

 

“The end.” I muttered as I looked at her who was now peacefully sleeping while hugging the wolf cub as she smiled.

 

“Good night.” I said as I secretly kissed her forehead before resting beside her with the wolf cub between us, as I slowly closed my eyes with my consciousness surrendering to my drowsiness.

 

Soon after my consciousness fell, I suddenly arrived once again at the garden full of roses and sunflowers with the tree much larger than before as well as two slabs of stone next to it, knowing that this tree contains something mysterious. I touched it once again before a scene suddenly came to my mind.

 

The scene was at a yard with plenty of teenagers like Alisha and I sparring each other when suddenly one of the girls who was sparring’ shadow suddenly transformed into a figure, the figure was blurry but all I could see was the girl getting stabbed before my consciousness came back.

Do you smell what I smell, is it something tragic?

60