Chapter 54 – 3 years.
974 14 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54 - 3 years later.

“Cousins, let’s go!”, a white-haired little girl said as she dragged both mine and another teenage girl's hand.

“Okay, but we have to go back after this, alright?”, the teenage girl who had long brown hair and pink eyes said as she bent her knees to level both their heads.

“I know!”, the white-haired little girl said as she pouted before dragging us to a nearby stall that was selling pancakes.

“It will be fine, Alisha”, I said as I smiled at the teenage girl, who was Alisha after buying a few pancakes which were placed inside a paper box that we introduced into the kingdom. Also, pancakes were introduced by me as well. Time really passed right, after all, it has been three years after the incident. Plenty has happened since then, how about we enter a memory trip to three years ago after the incident?

3 years ago…

We soon left the room which was in rubbles, well to be exact not just the room but the whole castle was in rubbles itself. There was nothing that reminded people that it was previously the castle except for the fact that it lived there, everything was somehow burnt with bodies lying around everywhere.

“What happened here, Ma’am?”, a guard asked as he saluted at us after seeing the emblems before the other guards followed.

“An enemy had trespassed during our talks and single-handedly annihilated the whole royal family, where were all the guards when we needed them?”, Celeste said as she caressed the white-haired, Iona who was holding to her tightly.

“Sorry Ma’am, we were somehow paralyzed for the whole time by some kind of mysterious force!”, the guard said as he bowed down before the rest followed suit.

“Well, that’s enough! Go tell the Haven Council to come to the Alverost Family House in 2 hours to discuss several issues.”, Celeste said as the guards saluted before running off with their spears as Celeste sighed.

“Is it time..”, Celeste muttered in a low voice before she shook her head as she smiled at us while combing Iona’s hair.

“Let’s go home now?”, Celeste asked as we all nodded before she rose her hand up in the air as a large golden pillar fell upon us before we suddenly arrived at the living room of the mansion with maids waiting.

“Welcome back home, masters!”, the maids said as they bowed down before noticing the young-looking Celeste and the little girl that was holding onto her.

“Thanks for the warm welcome, all of you may go back to your operations except for Amalia.”, Celeste said as they saluted before running off to their own direction with only one maid staying behind, this one was the youngest among all of them but her eyes were already concerned about the little Iona.

“Excuse me, madam but why have you called for me?”, the maid Amalia asked as she approached Iona who suddenly hid behind Celeste’s back.

“Well, do you have any dress that suits this girl ready?”, Celeste asked as the maid looked at Iona for a few seconds as if she was measuring her before nodding.

“We do have some ready but they are still not completely ready but it should work for her.”, the maid, Amalia, replied.

“Well, that is fine. Can you prepare some for her, and also a permanent room for me as well.”, Celeste said as the maid nodded before walking to some other direction as Iona roamed around the living room with Alisha following behind her with a worried face.

“Iona and Alisha, let’s get going.”, Iris’ mother said as Alisha nodded before picking up the curious Iona and carrying her to the dining room as she placed her beside her seat as we followed suit.

The table this time was larger than usual and was filled with extremely delicious-looking dishes similar to ones you find on five-star hotels. Not only did their appearance tempt you, but the aroma, it carried was even more tempting, with smells of seafood and the likes floating around the room, immediately causing Iona to drool unconsciously.

“Well then, let’s start eating then?”, Iris’ mother said as we all nodded with Iris’ father going for the first pick and took some large octopus and placing it on his plate meanwhile the others went for the smaller ones especially Alisha who personally fed Iona and even wiped her face using the handkerchief she personally uses.

“How nice.”, I muttered quietly before loud cries of laughter resounded around the room with me pouting as I took a bite on my food.

“It’s fine, little Althea.”, Iris’ mother said as she smiled, I know, you don’t have to say that! I thought as we continued eating for a whole hour before we went to the living room waiting for the Haven Council according to Celeste though I don’t know why we are needed here though.

Soon, another hour passed by with Alisha playing around with Nahrin and Iona before a knock could be heard from the door.

“Althea, can you open it?”, Celeste asked as I nodded before I stood up and went to the door before opening it as four young adult women can be seen nervously standing.

“Please enter”, I said, are they really from the council?

“Excuse us.”, the four said as they entered the living room nervously and stood beside the table which was filled with coffee, juice, and cookies.

“Have a seat”, Celeste said as she combed Iona’s hair after Alisha and her finished playing around. The four who heard Celeste nodded and took a seat on a nearby couch.

“Well then, let’s start the first council meeting in over decades!”, Iris’ mother said as all of us nodded with Alisha and Iona falling asleep, with Iona on Celeste’s lap while Alisha on mine and of course the wolf cub was on the corner, cuddling itself with a blanket.

53