Chapter 65 – First Day of Travel and Revelation.
709 18 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65 - First Day of Travel and Revelation.

The morning sun rose as we sat down on our respective seats on the dining table as we discuss our travel plan for today. Our basic travel plan consists of four stops, these four stops are also villages that need aid but not at an extreme level compared to our final destination. Our first stop will be half a day run from the capital, it is a tiny village called “Al Kadia Village” which sells a special type of dish apparently.

 

Our next stop after that is another village a day away from Al Kadia, this village is called “Konami Village” and sells a delicacy called sisig which reminds me of a dish on the Philippines which is extremely delicious and the next few stops are either half a day or another day long, in total it will take us a full week or longer before arriving back to the capital.

 

“This toast is oddly delicious today, who made it?” I asked as Alisha nodded; the toast today was golden in color, with delicious brown syrup dripping off from the top with two layers of rare ham, just the aroma of it shall turn you into a glutton, as the sweet smell of honey and vanilla entered your nostrils. It didn’t stop there, as the moment you bite into the crisp golden bread, your tongue will immediately be soaked in the sweet taste of the honey and vanilla, before the delicious layers of ham follow, in other words, the toast today was: delicious.

 

“It was Mom who made it today”, Iris said as she munched on her toast using her hands... is that so, no wonder why the toast today was delicious; I wonder why Iris didn’t inherit that one genetics, as if sensing my thoughts, Iris pouted before saying... “I know I can’t cook okay, don’t say it loud!”

 

Whoops, I think I said it out loud... “I am sorry!” I said as I bit on my toast before cheers of laughter covered the room... we soon continued to eat our individual toast for almost an hour before heading to the living room where plenty of different design pouches were waiting beside the couches.

 

“You three should do your final checks before leaving...” Iris’s mother said as we nodded before we opened up our pouches and looked at whether we left behind anything, the sheer amount of pouches we are bringing with us amounts to almost 34 pouches because of how heavy the items we are carrying are; of course, 28 are the ones we are delivering, they contain supplies that could last almost a full year for those villages apparently.

 

“Are everything clear for you, Iris?” I asked as she nodded before we looked at Iris’s parents, Celeste, Iona, and the Fairy Queen who was simply sitting on the couch and said our goodbyes... “See you in a week or so!” before we left the mansion.

 

Soon after we left the mansion, a large extravagant carriage similar to the one Iris used during our return from the ruins, appeared out of nowhere; the carriage was white in color, and is extremely long with incredible gold carvings on the sides of a sword and a wand, what was more surprising about this carriage was... it doesn’t look like one, if I had to describe it... it would be a luxurious car but instead of wheels, it had large white crystals on it...

 

“How does it move?” I asked as Iris tilted her head before replying... “It simply moves, don’t ask how since it is last of its kind”, Iris said as she opened the door before a cold fog flew towards us, not long after the cold fog dissipated, an interior like a limousine revealed itself; two large black couches facing each other, with a long table made out of glass in the center, pretty much everything you expect from a limousine was there, but what shocked me was a simple handwritten note.

 

“Oh, that handwriting...? It was made by the founder of the family but we never knew what it meant...” Iris said as I stared at the handwriting on the wall which said “If you can read this then please take care of my family, reincarnated/transmigrated one...”

 

“Are you coming up or not?” Iris asked as I quickly nodded before coming inside and sitting on the couch before the sound of an engine echoed in the room as the vehicle suddenly started moving smoothly but that wasn’t what was inside my mind, what was inside my mind right now was the fact that... the founder of the Alverosts was a person from Earth, no wonder why I noticed there were some slightly modern devices on the Alverosts family...

 

“I wonder how long has it been since I rode this carriage”, Iris muttered as she stood up from her seat and grabbed some cold coffee from the fridge and poured it on the cups that were already in the table before pressing a button on her side as a window suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

 

“When was the last time you rode on this?” Alisha asked as she grabbed the cup of coffee and drank it... I am interested as well, but I am even more interested in the story of the founder... I mean who wouldn’t after all, it is another reincarnated person other than me!

 

“Well the last time I rode on this was a few years ago I think, but it was a travel to our fief which was a fairly large city near a river... it was a 2 week drive towards there and the carriages we usually use can’t sustain that long, so we had to use this one”, Iris said as she relaxed on the comfortable leather couch while looking at the window as the vehicle moved at a fast rate.

 

This is the first time I heard about the fief of the Alverosts, I actually thought they didn’t have one... I was wrong all the time, also where are the other family members of the Alverosts, I never seen them around especially Iris’s uncle who we haven’t seen for 3 years now.

 

“Is that so, where are the other family members by the way?” I asked after letting my curiosity got the best of me before Iris tilted her head with eyes that said “You don’t know?” before opening her mouth and explaining where they are, the explanation took some time as we sipped our coffee slowly while listening to it.

 

The reason why we don’t usually see them around is because they usually live on the fief where the family house is located, not only that but the branches of the Alverosts usually lives in quiet places like towns, added with their love to explore which originated from their founder’s genetics, they usually explore other kingdoms and even to another continent.

 

The one chosen as the strongest in the family is Celeste but apparently there are ones that are far stronger than her that simply wants to live in peace after experiencing plenty of events, these people are called “The Ancestral Power” as they inherit the purest of the founder’s blood, they only come out when the continent is in danger or the Alverost family is endangered like two thousand years ago where the continent was attacked by a large family from another continent, that large family stomped almost every kingdom until they reached the Olden Sky Empire, which is the previous name of the kingdom we reside in... no one knows what happened after they reached the Olden Sky Empire but history books say that they were completely annihilated by a group called “The Ancestral Power”... scary.

 

Also, I did take the time to ask about the founder of the Alverosts but apparently, there was little to no information about her... the only ones that actually know are the ones who inherited her pureblood which are the “Ancestral Powers” but those oldies love to stay silent about it for some reason... I really should meet those “Ancestral Powers” soon to hear about the story, I thought before a loud growl echoed in the room.

 

“Are you hungry already, Alisha?” I asked as she nodded; it seems like it is lunchtime already huh, that explaining took plenty of time... I thought as Iris chuckled and said, “I’ll cook up something that I am best at, don’t worry”... I hope I don’t have to worry about eating charcoal, I said in my mind while nodding.

 

Soon, thirty minutes passed as we ate what seemed to be steak; the steak was ten times better than I expected but well... my expectations for what Iris cooked was already at the bottom but still, it is better than I thought, all it needed was honey and it will be at the same level as “normal” but the problem is there was no honey here so we had to simply live with it!

 

“What should we do now?” I asked as I looked around the place; Alisha right now is reading some kind of book that she found here, while Iris was playing snakes and ladder with herself... well, I call it snakes and ladder but apparently, it is called vipers and stairs here... yeah, don’t ask how it got its name while looking around the place, I noticed a weird book; this book was extremely dusty, it was the only one that wasn’t clean here which got me curious as to what it was.

 

“Oh, you are going to read that book? That book has been there for thousands of years and was written by the founder, none of us could read it so we left it there.” Iris said as I nodded before taking the book off the shelve and opened it... if no one can read it then maybe I can right? I told myself as I opened the book... the book was written in the language of English, so that is why none of them could read it.

 

The book was titled, “Tutorial of a Grimoire” which caused my interest on it to spark up... it was a full-on tutorial about a grimoire, A FULL ON TUTORIAL... wait if the founder wrote this book then why does she know about grimoires, maybe I will know soon... I thought as I continued reading the book;

 

After four hours of reading, I have reached halfway to the middle of the book... not even halfway till the end but halfway till the middle, anyways the summary of what I read was...

 

Grimoires, books with the soul of an otherworlder; these creatures are extremely rare and can be counted with one hand as of writing... these “creatures” are filled with spells that no other can cast except their contractors, from what my partner, Kaleen said... all grimoires are females and can never be males, their appearance will be close to their contractor but what most don’t know is, grimoires can enhance the powers of their contractor by 250 percent just by staying by their side and can go up to 400 percent when on grimoire form...

 

According to Kaleen, grimoire form is the form which you absolutely wouldn’t want to use as it is limiting and can attract divine creatures such as heavenly dragons, queen vipers, and even more creepy monsters... her advice was “to never use the grimoire form unless in a tight situation”, early on it is not a problem but once a year has passed, your mana will overflow enough to engulf a kingdom causing divine creatures to come at you the reasoning for this is because grimoire "form" is a limitless form, there are no limits to how much mana you can use contrary to human form in which you constantly consume your mana to maintain the body... if a grimoire is reading this right now, please listen to my advice... the next few pages will teach you how to properly utilize your human form to the maximum, read it properly...

 

... Scary, I wonder what would happen if I didn’t know about this information... I thought as the vehicle suddenly stopped in front of a tiny wooden wall as an old man stood there and waved his hands with a very happy smile.

 

“We have arrived...” Iris said as she shook Alisha to wake her up... this is Al Kadia village huh...

 

Althea will now start relaxing its schedule, I will only release one chapter every 2 days but these chapters will be lengthy.

44