Chapter 95 – Aisha’s Battle
769 5 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 95 - Aisha's Battle

 

"Where am I…?" I asked while standing up from the rough soil before looking around the place.

 

Left, right, front and back, the only thing you could see were trees, large trees that stretched higher than the clouds and wider than five boxes of candies. Everywhere you look, there was not a single sign of life. The floor was filled with only rough soil and rocks, with no greenery. The air was heavy, to the extent that your shoulders felt heavy. It was a land for the dead.

 

"Welcome to Amelia's Trial, young one! In this trial, you will try to survive in the Fields of the Unknown for the entire duration of the trial. Your mana shall be restricted, your magic pouches have been confiscated as well as your World Authority; all entities are set to the first level, with the difficulty setting at Normal. Your current objective is either to survive a day in this field or defeat all the enemies. Stamina has also been reduced to half, as well as other factors involving nature, now then. I wish you good luck on this trial, young one!" A voice resounded around the deep forest as my heart started beating rapidly.

 

A few seconds after the voice had completely faded away, my body started to feel heavy. It was as if fifty boulders had been placed on my shoulders without my consent.

 

Haa–I am so tired… Mama, where are you…Mama… I screamed inside my heart as my legs slowly collapsed on the floor, brushing the edges of four rocks.

 

"Ma..ma, what should I do?" I muttered as I tried catching as much breath as I could. The air felt suffocating, the whole place felt cold. It was like hell had suddenly descended upon me.

 

A second, two seconds, one minute, five minutes quickly passed by as I attempted to stabilize my breathing, with my body slowly adapting to the cold environment.

 

"What should I do here… I should have some kind of weapon right?" I mumbled to myself as my right hand moved towards my waist, only to find out that my beloved magic pouch was gone.

 

"No way… what about food, they shouldn't be this cruel to not give me some kind of food right?" I muttered as I attempted to stand up before I felt a sharp pain on my knees as bits of blood dripped from both my left and right knees.

 

Haa–how did I get injured… Aaaaa! It stings! I screamed inside my heart as I forced my body to stand up before slowly walking towards a nearby tree and leaning there.

 

"Mama… what should I do?" I mumbled as I sat on the rough and sharp floor before staring at my wounded knees. The wound was not that large of a wound but the pain was not deniable, it was as if someone had placed two large nails onto your knees.

 

"Haaa… So cold!" I said to myself as I exhaled through my mouth before a white haze appeared in front of me. The temperature around the place was quickly rising, with the floor slowly becoming colder and colder.

 

I can't just stay here! I said to myself before forcing my body to stand up once again as my right hand touched the rough tree.

 

What should I do first...I need to survive, so cold! I asked myself as I looked around the place before remembering the story Mama had told me. That's right… fire! I have to make some kind of fire first, it should be easy with mana right? I thought as I quickly tried to produce an image of a flame on my index finger.

 

"Iyaaa–!" I screamed as I concentrated my mind on producing the image of a tiny flame above my finger.

 

A second, five seconds, a minute swiftly passed by as I attempted to produce a flame on my finger but all attempts ended in nothing, not a single sign of mana could be seen in all attempts. It was as if the world had suddenly been derived from the special attribute called Mana.

 

“Haa–I give up!” I shouted as I dropped to the ground as my legs brushed the edges of a few rocks.

 

This is impossible! Aisha can’t do it! Let me out, I want to go back to Mama! Let me out, I tell you! You evil people! Aisha just wants to sleep with Mama! Aisha hates this! Let me out, I hate this! I shouted inside my heart as my eyes started feeling heavy, with my cheeks slowly getting wet.

 

“Mama… help me,” I said in a low voice as my heart started beating even faster, as the cold air enveloped my whole body. The soil was slowly pinching my body as blood gushed out from my legs.

 

Is this the end of me… Mama, can I eat breakfast with you again? Mama… can I sleep with you again? Aisha wants to see you again, Mama… Aisha wants to hug you again, Mama…. Mama, Aisha misses you. Can Aisha see your face again, Mama? Can Aisha listen to your stories again, Mama? Aisha is hungry… Aisha is sleepy, Mama hug Aisha, please. I told myself inside as my eyes slowly closed itself as the air started getting thicker, reminiscing of all the times I spent with both of my mothers. I slowly cuddled up to myself, with both of my hands hugging my body as it trembled from the fear and the coldness of the area. My legs and my hands started feeling numb, as tears dripped from my eyes. I stared down at my chest, looking at a necklace, a single object that came from the people I loved the most. The object that represents the family I belong to.

 

“Mama… Aisha will be there soon,” I mumbled as my eyes slowly closed itself while staring at a foggy white-haired woman who was sighing in the distance.

A new cover has been added to the series, thanks to taka_sui  for the extremely wonderful illustration of Althea (or Alisha)! Also, rate 5 stars.

39