Chapter 2: There’s A Lot To Unpack Here!
9.5k 18 180
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within a majestic palace on Iron Sword Peak, a young man was lying unconscious on his extremely large bed. The silky curtains of his room blocked out most of the sunlight, but some of it seeped through the fabric. Decorations of jade, gold, silver, porcelain, and precious crystals littered the room, giving it an ethereal aesthetic. 

 

The scent of citruses and flowers pervaded the room. Candles and incenses were lit up the previous night to give the surrounding an aromatic atmosphere. 

 

After some time, the young man woke up with a startle. He looked around with some hints of confusion and anticipation. However, when he took a careful look at the surrounding, a feeling of unease filled his heart. 

 

“No, no, no.” He stood up with great haste and explored the room. In the closets were sets of exquisite robes and other clothing. In the cupboards were sets of beautiful utensils and items. In the drawers were high-quality booze and divine elixirs. He even looked under the bed and saw some bags of mysterious and colorful stones. 

 

Eventually, he found a mirror and looked into it. A handsome face with long black hair and charming black eyes. A muscular, but leaned body that appeared both slender and bulky. On the back of this body was the tattoo of a fierce-looking deity, giving off a very dangerous and mysterious vibe. Overall, it was the image of an extraordinary young man. 

 

“No!!!!!” The young man screamed out and dropped to his knees. “All… All I wanted was to live a peaceful life with hot girls and cute pets on a farm somewhere! All I wanted was to live in a power-fantasy Another World setting! All I wanted was to relax in a casual, minor-stressful, action-packed, adventure world! But... I got the wrong world!” 

 

He smacked his hand over and over on the dark, smooth, wooden floor. 

 

In his previous life, he was a normal man with the complicated stresses and pleasures in life. He was neither a part of the upper class or the lower class, neither a member of the elites or a member of the peasants. Just an average man working his way through life and appreciated whatever joy the world brought him. 

 

However, his life ended when he died in a traffic accident when a truck hit him. Then, when his entire life went black, he met a goddess that offered him options for reincarnation. It was almost like a dream had come true for him, to live a life that he wanted. 

 

If he went to a world of magic and swords, he would have great power and even greater talents. If he went to a world of magic and swords, he would get girls from the ordinary village family to the ones in the aristocracy flocking to him. If he went to a world of magic and swords, he would win all battles and easily reach the status of a god. 

 

He had it all planned out, all thought of, all anticipated. However, that was now really just a dream. 

 

Knock! Knock! Knock! 

 

"Young Master, are you awake?" Someone said outside. 

 

The young man jolted back onto the bed and made a lazy expression to hide the anxiety in his eyes. Then, he said, "Come in." 

 

The wooden doors opened and a young male servant walked in. He had the aura of a scholar and a delicate appearance. If he were not wearing an attire that obviously made him look like a servant, anyone would have mistaken the person as someone with an affluent background. 

 

The servant looked surprise to see the young man awake. "Oh? It's unusual for you to wake up so early, Young Master. You must be excited to meet your fiancee today." 

 

The servant went over to the curtains and blinds to move them to side. The light of the morning light pierced through the glass windows and illuminated the room. Picking a clean robe from the closet, the young servant walked over to the young man to give it to him. 

 

"Please get dressed, Young Master. Your meeting with Young Lady Han Xiaoling will happen in two hours from now. I'll go prepare the carriage so we can get there as soon as possible. I've also prepared the gifts." The young servant bowed once again. "Little Zhong Yun shall take his leave." 

 

The young servant left the room, leaving the young man to get dressed while processing the words that were spoken. He paced around the room with his hand on his chin. 

 

"Okay. Now I'm confused. Hold on, where's my guidebook?" When the young man looked around the room before, he did not find that guidebook that the goddess have given him. However, the moment he thought about the guidebook, the image of a book appeared in his sea of consciousness. "This is it?" 

 

He closed his eyes and mentally turned the book. There were no glossary in the guidebook, but as long as he turned the page with an intention in mind, the page would be filled with the information he needed. The first page was filled with texts that gave him an introduction to the world of immortal cultivation and to himself. 

 

[Welcome to the world of immortal cultivation, an Eastern Fantasy setting. This world of immortal cultivation is separated into many planes of existences, many realms, many planets, and so on. Sects, factions, kingdoms, empires, and temples are as numerous as the sands in the desert. The current system of power is ranged from Qi Disciple, Foundation Establishment, Golden Core, Nascent Soul, Spiritual Lamp, and Ascendant. You are currently in the Immortal Sage Sect of Moon Flower Continent on Planet Eve. Further information of the universe would require personal investigation.] 

 

[You are Yan Xiaolong, a son of the prestigious Tie Clan and the mysterious Yan Clan. Your parents died when you were born and your mother's younger brother had adopted you. Your uncle, Tie Wuqing, is a sect elder at the Nascent Soul stage. The death of your parents had aggrieved your uncle and he doted on you in place of your parents.]

 

[Since birth, you were lavished with gifts and treasures, becoming a total silkpant scumbag of a human being. Your arrogance is bone-deep and your lust is even deeper. You have caused many troubles, and were it not for your excellent innate talent and your uncle, you would've been exiled by the sect already.]

 

[Last night, you brought a girl to your room to sleep with her, but she struck you on the head too hard and you fell unconsciousness. One thing led to another and you had died. Now, the old Yan Xiaolong is gone and you are the new Yan Xiaolong. Today will start with you meeting your fiancee, Han Xiaoling from the illustrious Han Clan.] 

 

"Woah, woah, woah! That's too much! Too much!" Yan Xiaolong said incredulously. "There's a lot to unpack here!" 

 

180