Chapter 22: Xiaolong, Come Up Here!
5.1k 11 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Deep underground, the baby octopus was madly absorbing spiritual qi. It knew that the Immortal Sage Sect had an Ascendant cultivator so it had to move quickly. Even the Nascent Soul cultivator above it was aware of its existence. It was well aware of its situation and knew time was critical. 

 

While the Hell-Scorching Flame was harmful, it was not enough to truly contain it. However, it was far too weak so it waited for the exact moment when Yan Xiaolong had his guard down until breaking apart the flaming cage. Then, it spew out ink to make its escape. 

 

“Faster! Faster!! Faster!!!” The baby octopus’ cultivation was steadily rising. From early-stage Foundation Establishment to peak-stage, to the early-stage Golden Core, to the peak-stage again. The phantom image of a giant octopus appeared over the baby octopus. 

 

The more spiritual qi that was absorbed, the clearer the phantom image. Several breaths later, the aura of Nascent Soul cultivator pulsed out of the baby octopus. In several breath, the baby octopus went from Foundation Establishment to Nascent Soul! 

 

“I win!” It said. The baby octopus was fully prepared to leave Iron Sword Peak, when suddenly, it could feel the many thousand tentacles it had spread around being cut up. In fact, the very cells in those tentacles were split apart into nothingness. It was as if billions of swords were cutting away at its limbs. 

 

A mighty will burrowed into the ground, along with a blood-red hand. It grabbed the baby octopus and dragged it up. At the same time, all that spiritual qi that it absorbed was quickly being drained away. “T-This is the...” 

 

From Iron Sword Peak’s summit, nine beams of light transformed into tiny swords that stabbed into the baby octopus, one for each limb and the body. A cold-faced young man appeared from the summit as well and made some hand signs. 

 

“Nine Swords Imprisonment Seal!” 

 

The tiny swords sealed the meridians and the dantian of the baby octopus, preventing it from channeling any spiritual qi. The blood-red hand appeared again and closed around the baby octopus, forming a red sphere. It floated back to Tie Wuqing. 

 

At the same time, many streams of spiritual qi were returning to the disciples who were forcefully drained. Unfortunately, many of those disciples were not only drained of their spiritual qi, but even their cultivation base was in turmoil. It would require lots of resources to return their cultivation bases back to normal. 

 

Tie Wuqing reached into sphere and scoured the memories of the baby octopus with a dao technique. Moments later, the cold anger in his eyes transformed into hot rage. 

 

“Xiaolong, come up here!” 

 

......

 

In Iron Sword Peak's chief palace, Yan Xiaolong knelt in front of Tie Wuqing. His shins were rested on triangular folds of bamboo while three stone slabs were placed on his thighs. Even with a body as strong as his, Yan Xiaolong could feel edges of bamboo digging into his skin. 

 

“I see. I see.” Tie Wuqing said as he dropped another stone slab. Hearing Yan Xiaolong’s side of the story eased his anger, to a degree. Though, while the incident was not directly Yan Xiaolong’s fault, he had a big part in it. Punishment was inescapable. 

 

“Isn’t this the time when I get medicinal pills? Or get some love and care? I can’t believe he’s actually punishing me!” Yan Xiaolong thought. I really drew the short end of the reincarnation stick with such a bad elder.”

 

“Thinking evil thoughts, are we?” Tie Wuqing said as he picked up another stone slab. 

 

“N-N-N-No, t-that’s preposterous!” A hundred years in the dream world made Yan Xiaolong comfortable with pain and danger, but not even that amount of time would be able to erase the fear he had for Tie Wuqing. The latter had given him a very strong impression. 

 

Besides, he knew that he deserved the punishment. The people most harmed by the incident were the outer court disciples, who were usually the youngest or poorest disciples in the sect. The damage of the event would be a heavy toll on the Tie Clan to fix. 

 

Tie Wuqing placed his hand around the red sphere. “I won’t blame you for not knowing that the Eight Extremities Daoist’s nascent divinity still existed in this creature. It's a good thing you didn't eat it, or else, it would've possessed you. Not even I would've been able to tell that you lost original self." 

 

Yan Xiaolong gave a dry cough. 

 

"Despite only ever being a Nascent Soul eccentric, the Eight Extremities Daoist was very powerful and had numerous secret arts, many from the sects and kingdoms he raided. To exist longer than an Ascendant... is quite special.” Tie Wuqing made some hand signs and the red sphere began to glow. “You wanted seven hundred-million spirit stones for the Seal of Divine Blood, right?” 

 

“Yes, sir.” Yan Xiaolong watched in amazement as the red sphere began to separate. On one end was the body of the baby octopus. On the other end was the miniature shape of a giant octopus. It was actually the Eight Extremities Daoist’s nascent divinity! 

 

“Seal of Divine Blood!” Tie Wuqing’s pupils turned blood-red. The red phantom of a demonic humanoid appeared behind him. A sword was in its hands as it raised its arms and then swung down. 

 

The chief palace shook as the nascent divinity of an ancient cultivator was forcefully split away from its body. At the same time, the body exploded into a blue mist and then gathered into a drop of blue blood. Unlike the regular blue blood of an octopus, this drop of blood was crystalline and mystical. 

 

Great power surged like mighty rivers from the blood essence. Refining this drop of blue blood could give someone the bloodline of the Eight Extremities Octopus. Or in a rare case... could result in a cultivation breakthrough! 

 

“U-Uncle Tie, you...” 

 

Tie Wuqing laughed. The blood-red color in his eyes faded. “This is a secret between you and me!” 

 

“Uncle Tie, you’re awesome!” Yan Xiaolong would have never guessed that Tie Wuqing knew the Seal of Divine Blood. He wondered how his uncle knew that dao technique. Another question formed in his heart, but his uncle's comment prevented him from asking that question. 

 

“I know I am.” Tie Wuqing put out his hand. “Now pay up. There was a fee for that. I’ll give you a family discount so only seven million spirit stones.” 

 

Yan Xiaolong's jaw dropped. "Uncle Tie, this is bullying! You can't do this!" 

 

"Good fortune comes hand-in-hand with bad fortune. I'll show you what I mean!" 

 

.....

 

No matter how Yan Xiaolong resisted, Tie Wuqing easily defeated him. The latter even beat his face black and blue. "Ho? I heard you won big, but actually seeing it is quite impressive. Reminds me of my youth when I made pocket money like this." 

 

While he was rambling, Yan Xiaolong was livid. He was almost as angry as that time when Eve's portrait was destroyed. Technically, he reached his goal in obtaining the blood essence, but this was legitimately the first time that he was ever beaten so badly. 

 

"Aiyah. Don't look so pissed off, Xiaolong. Consider it another lesson in 'might makes right.'" Tie Wuqing straighten his back and furrowed his eyebrows, looking very righteous and virtuous. A strange aura draped around him that made even seem like a transcendent being. "As someone who travel the same path, Xiaolong, I'll give you some advice. You must learn to earn as many spirit stones as possible, in every possible way as long as it is not too wicked. Not only are spirit stones used for cultivation, but also for every aspect of life!" 

 

"If you want land, you must have spirit stones!" 

 

"If you want pets, you must have spirit stones!" 

 

"If you want girls, you definitely must have spirit stones!" 

 

Although Yan Xiaolong was not aware of it, Tie Wuqing's words were specifically spoken to touch at the very quintessence of his Dao. "Lacking spirit stones mean that you can only have two of those three aspects, at most. However, you must also have the power to protect your spirit stones. No matter how good you are at earning spirit stones, people like me can easily take it away by giving a punch or two. Spirit stones create power. Power protect spirit stones. Remember that!" 

 

Yan Xiaolong's face flickered with amazement and his eyes shone with delight. He slapped his thigh, completely forgetting about his previous anger. "Hey, you're right! Without power, I can't have any spirit stones. Without spirit stones, I can't have any power. Spirit stone is power, and power is spirit stone! That makes perfect sense." 

 

Looking with approval, Tie Wuqing gave back his interspatial ring. "The Necropolis Trial is coming up soon, right? There's roughly five hundred-thousand spirit stones in here, as well as the drop of blood essence. Make sure you break through to Golden Core before it starts." 

 

Yan Xiaolong took the interspatial ring with a determined face. "Don't worry, Uncle Tie. I'll make sure I win big in the Necropolis Trial too!" 

 

"That's the spirit! Go win big for me! Now, go get them!" 

 

"I'll make you proud, Uncle Tie!" 

 

Yan Xiaolong turned around and walked out of the chief palace in large strides. By now, he had completely forgotten about the fact that he just lost seven million spirit stones. He was absolutely preoccupied with the thoughts of winning big in the Necropolis Trial... whatever that meant!

 

Tie Wuqing had a small, embarrassed smile on his face. "Yep, still have it in me..." 

 

However, he looked very pleased with himself and proceeded to return to his meditation mat. When he sat down, the nascent divinity of the Eight Extremities Daoist was in his hands. A very crafty look appeared in his eyes. 

 

"As for you, you're going to be real useful to me..." 

 

Tie Wuqing peered into the distance and looked specifically at... Ice Jade Peak! 

 

113