1. Mysterious Beginnings
9.4k 38 151
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My first day in a new world started like any other...that's what I would like to say!

Not only did I just wake up in a foreign world, but I don't even know how I got here! I mean, it looks like an isekai, but isn't there usually a build-up to the reincarnation? What am I supposed to do? Rub two sticks together and pray that I survive? 

Wait a minute. Let's think about this slowly. I mean, I may have lost some of my memories, but they wouldn't just abandon me like this, right? No...that wouldn't make sense. Maybe they're just late? But who would be late for their own reincarnation...

"Greetings, Hero. I'm the Goddess Justine, but you may call me Goddess," Justine said calmly.

As I turned around, I immediately noticed that Goddess Justine looked similar to Lady Justice. As she wore a blindfold over both eyes and wore a scale of balance bracelet on her left hand, I could tell that she was a Goddess Of Justice. However, compared to the Goddess Of Justice that I knew, Justine was very well endowed. In some ways, she reminded me of the Sword Maiden.

"I am the Goddess Of Justice and I require your help in saving the continent of Adrios. You must defeat the two Demon Lords that are terrorizing our lands and restore the balance of power. I have bestowed upon you the legendary power of Creation, which will give you the power needed to take on these rising threats. Will you help us defeat these threats?" Justine asked.

"No," I promptly said.

"What? What do you mean no?" Justine said visibly confused.

"You asked me if I wanted to save the world and I responded no," I said.

"What? No, it's a rhetorical question. You're supposed to say 'Yes' and then I would guide you on your journey to defeat these villains," Justine stated.

"So let me get this straight. You want me, someone who hasn't spent 10 minutes in this world, to kill not one Demon Lord but TWO?" I asked.

"Yes," Justine promptly stated.

"Yeah...no. I think I'll pass on that, so here's what I'll do. Instead of embarking on an actual suicide mission, I will use that Creation ability to get rich and become a merchant. I will enjoy a peaceful life as I wait for you to summon...literally anyone else. It was nice knowing you, but I think I'll take my chances in the woods," I said confidently.

As I began walking into the woods, Justine quietly followed behind me. Though, quiet would be a generous term.

"So uh...why are you following me?" I asked.

"I can't allow you to waste your potential like this! I will follow you until you finally accept your quest, hero!" Justine proudly stated.

"No, no, no, the words you are looking for are 'Merchant'. I'm not a hero. But on that topic, how do you even have two Demon Lords at the same time? Just how bad have you guys been doing?" I asked.

"Of course! I shall educate you on the history of our world so you'll feel compelled to save us!" Justine said determinedly.

As the literal Goddess Of Justice began stalking me on my quest to become a Merchant, I could tell the road to riches would be a bizarre one.

151