12. Exalted Maple Inn
2.6k 15 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A majority of people chose the mystery answer, so an interesting conflict will arise in the coming chapters! In the meantime, enjoy this chapter about Creation! We've completed his first day so the pacing will naturally improve.

We continued chatting with Isabelle, Viper, and Padlock for a few hours, which made me feel confident in calling them allies. While Viper and Padlock eagerly told us stories about the Fayhelm Security Force, Isabelle happily discussed the recent gossip and rumors regarding the city. While I wouldn't consider it to be urgent information, it helped me get a better idea of what the world of Adrios was like. From the unique races that inhabit it to the strange personalities present throughout its lands. However, since we had to meet Mayor Ross tomorrow, we called it a night and searched for an Inn.

We were currently heading towards the 'Exalted Maple Inn', which Isabelle recommended to us once we presented our VIP cards. It was an Inn that primarily served high-value customers, whether that be powerful heroes, VIPs, Merchants, or Nobles. It wasn't the best Inn in the city, but it definitely wasn't the worst. While luxury Inns can easily cost over 10 Plat per night, Exalted Maple only charged 3 Plat. While we only had one Adamantite coin, we could use it to buy ourselves housing and food for 33 days. This was one of the Perks of choosing the Inn, especially since it was running on an 'exclusive patron' business model.

However, while we made our way to the Inn, I pondered my business plans. I knew that being a Merchant primarily meant that you had to understand your customers and their perceived needs. By knowing what they want, you can create the best product that suits those needs. But I realized that I didn't know the limits of the ability, even though I was planning to use it for financial gain. I asked Justine about it while we were walking together.

"Hey, Justine. I have some questions about 'Creation'. Do you mind answering them?" I asked.

Justine adjusted her blindfold before responding. "Shouldn't be an issue. Few people are on the street tonight, so feel free to ask," Justine stated.

"What are the limits of Creation? I'm guessing it's not as powerful as if a God had it, right?" I said.

"Of course. You may be a Demi-God, but you're nowhere near as powerful as a true God. Creation is the ability to create almost anything and everything from nothing. The emphasis is on the 'almost'. While you can't see your mana, you can still run out of mana if you use too much magic power. The larger and more complex the creation, the more power that's consumed. Luckily, while mortals recover 2% of their mana per hour, Demi-Gods can recover 5%. These amounts can increase or decrease depending on the individual," Justine said.

"I guess that makes sense. I can make an extensive amount of things, but it'll take varying amounts of mana?" I said.

"Correct. You can create inorganic matter from nothing, either as finished objects or even as elements. However, you don't have some abilities that a true God would have. Things like crafting highly advanced life forms or souls are out of the picture. Since you aren't the God Of Creation, you also can't create Organic matter. However, you do possess a pocket dimension since we blessed you with Creation. You'll unlock full access to it once you reach A rank. Since you have partial access, you have void storage," Justine stated.

"I'm guessing the creation is tied to the rank of the user? I noticed a 'B+' inscribed on the side of my gun and holster. Are they magic runes?" I asked.

"No, it's not a rune. It ties every creation you make to your rank. Everything you make at the moment can be B+ or less. If you use the 'Desert Eagle' against an A+ enemy, it won't be as effective as if it was against a C+ enemy. While we are on the topic, it's important to note that your Light Magic abilities need to be practiced and learned before you can master them. Even if you aren't planning on facing the Demon Lords, it's in your best interest to get stronger. Adrios is not the peaceful lands it once was. Not in the slightest," Justine stated.

"We'll talk more about it later. The place looks as nice as I would expect. Now it's time to see if the service lives up to the price," I said curiously.

As we opened the double doors to the Exalted Maple Inn, a pair of the Inn's chiseled bodyguards immediately stopped us. After we carefully showed our VIP cards, they allowed us entrance into the lobby. As we walked towards the receptionist, it surprised me to see that the Inn's receptionist was a bunny girl! Not only that, but she looked to be a rather wealthy one.

"Greetings, customers! My name is Sorbi, and I hope you enjoyed the beautiful night view of Fayhelm! We happily serve our high-value customers with pride and a beaming smile on our faces! What can we do for you today?" Sorbi happily asked.

"We are looking to receive the full-service package for 33 days with the use of our Adamantite Coin. I heard the payment was 3 plat per day, so this should cover it," I said confidently.

As I tossed the Adamantite coin to Sorbi, she quickly caught it with a smile on her face. "Today's your lucky day, lovebirds! We have one room that fits those long-term requirements! I know you guys are already a couple, but it's our protocol to confirm if you are ok with the arrangements. Are you ok with sharing one Queen-sized bed?" Sorbi happily asked.

Justine's face turned bright red as she blushed. "Wait, what?" Justine said.

"Yeah, it's fine. We won't find this mix of quality and price anywhere else," I said nonchalantly.

"Interesting! If it helps, the walls are soundproof so you don't have to worry about a thing!" Sorbi winked.

"That's great. We need all the privacy we can get. Did you hear that Justine?" I said nonchalantly.

"Now wait just a minute! I think there's a misunderstanding here! This sounds lewd!" Justine shouted.

"Don't worry! Sorbi won't tell a soul. I hope your night ends in happiness!" Sorbi playfully teased.

As Sorbi happily tossed us the key, I quickly caught it. "Appreciate it! C'mon Justine. We have profits to gain!" I said proudly.

"You're...not going to clear up the misunderstanding, are you?" Justine sighed.

"Hm? What do you mean?" I asked.

As Justine pouted, she followed me up the stairs with an embarrassed look on her face. To tell you the truth, I was just messing with her.

She looks cuter when she's embarrassed.

63