31. Morning Of The Grand Opening
682 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

IMEhNdo.png

[Morning Of The Grand Opening (Mio 7, 3728)]

"So...what am I looking at?" I said.

"It’s...a Calendar! It features everything that we need to know! The Month, Day, Year, Season, Mnemonic device, and the month's equivalent on earth!" Jade said proudly.

Justine and I sat next together in the Hot Spring as Ronan and Jade presented their Calendar. But in reality, it was a calendar sketch.

We looked at each other before looking at them.

"This feels...somewhat underwhelming, no?" Justine said.

"Is that all you have to say about this wonderful calendar that we put together?" Ronan said.

"Yes," Justine said.

"It's not like your opinion matters in this situation, Goddess. This calendar is primarily serving as our proof of concept. While the calendar may be useful by itself, it can also test out a theory that I have. I'm sure Owen can see where I'm going with this," Jade said.

"I think I understand. You want to see if I can turn a detailed sketch into reality with my Creation Magic," I said.

"Exactly. Think of it like those detailed architecture sketches that you see from time to time. But instead of making a building, you're making...a variety of things," Jade said.

"Do you think it'll work?" Justine said.

"It wouldn't hurt to try. Let's give it a shot," I said.

As Ronan handed me the detailed sketch, I used my right hand to quickly create the Calendar. Despite the simplicity of the creation, I could already tell that Jade's theory was correct: The more detailed the sketch, the quicker it could be created.

It took a little over a minute before I held the completed Calendar in my hand.

"Did it work as intended?" Jade asked.

"I think it worked like a charm!" I said surprised.

"Perfect! Now we just need to find some organic material to test out my next theory! Crafting with Creation Magic!" Jade said proudly.

"Luckily, the time I waste—, I mean, the time I spent with Jade was fruitful," Ronan said.

"Yup! Ronan and I were bored last night, so we read some books from the bookshelf. There were some long books, but we can read much faster than humans do. But while we were skimming History books, Fairy tales, and Economic guides; we found a book on Architecture, believe it or not! Benefits of a luxury Inn, I suppose," Jade said.

"So today is...Mio 7th, 3728? How am I supposed to remember the name of the months?" I said.

"There was a God Of The Sun named Dalios (Dalo) who lived in the land of Quelyn (Quelo). He sent Archangel Cindra (Cindro) to the land of Adrios (Adro) to proclaim Father Mayhem's blessing (Mio). Themy will give Justice (Themio), Khelio will give time (Khelio), and Ledos will give you professions (Ledio). Finally, Archangel Seraphiel (Serio) and Arael (Areo) will give you magic (Mago) to ward off the demons of Dugwyn (Dugwo)," Justine sang.

"How come it doesn't rhyme at the end?" I asked.

"Ask Dalios and Khelios. They're the ones who made the calendar. By the way, it's important to note that the world didn't start 3728 years ago. That's the just the beginning of recorded history for mortals," Justine said.

"Makes sense. The calendar on earth followed the same principle," I said.

Jade floated above my head as the three of us continued to relax in the Hot Spring. After much preparation, we were finally ready to open The Golden Anomaly. I was happy to open the shop, but I wanted to confirm my knowledge. I told Jade to look through the memories I gave her and extract relevant information. She told me the following as we were getting ready to leave the Inn:

--------------

[Review]

Ledos is the God Of Wealth while his daughter is the Goddess Of Trade.

Ledos' face is on all currency in Adrios except for the National Currency.

National Currency is all currency that falls between Ledos' coins. If Ledos' coin is the dollar, then national currency is the quarters, nickels, dimes, etc.

These sub-categories are called 'Lesser' and 'Greater' coins. Lesser coins have lower value while Greater coins have higher value. While the 4 main coins are controlled by Ledos, the sub-categories are managed by the two biggest nations in Adrios: The Pheoria Empire and The Eliyen Dynasty. The national currency has to be approved by Ledos, but they can customize the coins as they see fit.

However, some Merchants don't take either coin since using Ledos' coin is the safest choice. For example, some cities in Eliyen don't accept Pheoria's coins, while some cities in Pheoria don't accept Eliyen's coins.

National coins also have to meet the same size requirements as Ledos' coin.

Gold coins are the smallest coin while Quatinum coins are the largest.

Gold coins = Comparable size to a nickel

Platinum Coins = Comparable size to a Quarter

Adamantite Coins = 1.5 inches in diameter

Quatinum coins = 3 inches in diameter

There's also the conversion rate that Jade brought up:

Official Adrios Currency (Ledos' Coin)
Gold Coins Common The Gold Standard
Platinum Coins Uncommon 1 Plat. = 20 Gold
Adamantite Coins Rare 1 Ada. = 2,000 Gold
Quatinum Coins Legendary 1 Quat. = 200,000 Gold

 

Appraised Item's Value
C Rank Item Payment: Gold Marketability Score: 2 ROI: Low
C+ Payment: Plat Marketability Score: 4 ROI: Medium Low
B Rank Item Payment: Plat Marketability Score: 6 ROI: Medium
B+  Payment: Ada Marketability Score: 7 ROI: Medium High
A Rank Item Payment: Ada Marketability Score: 8 ROI: High
A+  Payment: Ada Marketability Score: 9 ROI: Very High
S Rank Item Payment: Quat Marketability Score: 10 ROI: Max
S+ Payment: Quat Marketability Score: 10 ROI: Max
SS Rank Item Payment: Quat Marketability Score: 10 ROI: Max
SS+ Payment: Quat Marketability Score: 10 ROI: Max

Jade also reminded me about the limits of 'Creation' for a Demi-God.

Creation is the ability to create almost anything and everything from nothing.

While you can't see your mana, you can still run out of mana if you use too much magic power.

The larger and more complex the creation, the more power that's consumed.

Demi-Gods can recover 5% of their mana per hour, while mortals only recover 2%.

I can create inorganic matter from nothing, but I can't create organic matter.

As with most Gods/Demi-Gods, I have a void storage.

Since I possess Creation, I'll unlock a pocket dimension when I reach A rank. But since I have partial access, I have an expanded void storage.

The creation is tied to the rank of the user. This affects many aspects of the Creation. Durability, magic strength, damage output, etc.

Therefore, a B+ weapon performs differently depending on the rank of the hostile.

Finally, Light Magic abilities need to be practiced and learned if they are to increase in potency.

-----------

"Did you understand all of that?" Jade said.

By the time Jade finished her explanation, we were already walking towards the shop. Ronan was polishing his Katana, Justine was looking over her map, and I was...utterly confused.

"Thank God I have you as my accountant! Those national coins could present an issue in the books. You'll definitely be crunching the numbers for us!" I said confidently.

"Such is life, I suppose," Jade said.

"Safe to say you're serious about being a merchant. I thought you would've given up by now, but it seems like your desire has only increased," Justine sighed.

"Isn't that the settlement map you gave me after we talked to Khelios?" I said.

"What about it?" Justine said.

"Why are you looking over it?" I said.

"I'll tell you about it later. After all, it seems that our first visitors have arrived," Justine said.

As I turned my head towards the shop, I saw Ross, Faith, and Sophia standing next to it.

As we walked up to our shop, Mayor Ross congratulated me.

"The Golden Anomaly isn't a bad name, but Glossy Ross has a nice ring to it!" Mayor Ross smiled.

15