Chapter 10 “Training Begins”
1.9k 10 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was laying down on something soft. I felt something pressed against my back, chest and head. I opened my eyes and saw that I was on a bed and that there was a arm wrapped around me. I felt breath against one of my ears. I felt more comfortable then I ever have felt before. 'Where am I and what happened?' I remember dreaming about my past. About things I never wanted to experience again. A chill runs down my spine thinking about it and the arm tightens its hold on me.

"It's alright." I hear a voice above my head. Then it comes back to me.

"Let go!" I yelled and struggled to get up.

"Oh?" Kira says. "You're awake? Good." She sits up and pulls me up with her. She turns me around and puts me down in front of her. I start to push myself further away from her, but she pulls the chain towards herself and stops me from being able to move further.

"Now now, where do you think you're going? You still haven't answered any of my questions." She says with a smile.

"Why were you holding me!?" I blurt out.

She clicks her tongue and her smile drops. "I'm the one asking questions, not you. Don't worry, I won't ask you're name. It doesn't matter anyway. So my question is where are you from?"

I look her in the eye's "The wood's that you caught me next to." She looks at me for awhile thinking about what I said.

"Where are your parents?" she asks.

"I don't know. When I woke up I was alone." She frowns a little.

"How did you end up in my camp?"

"I smelled food and followed it." My voice is filled shame and regret. She grinned. 

"Did you live in a village in the forest?"

'Should I say yes? But then that's going to lead to whole other can of worms especially since I don't know why she is asking.' I stay silent. Suddenly my ears are ringing and i'm looking to my right. She is so quick I don't even see her raising her hand.

"And you were doing so well too. Every time you lie or don't answer me I'm going to hit you. Were your parents powerful? Were they high level? or maybe Nobles?" 

"I-I don't know." She slaps me again.

"Tsk tsk, do you like me slapping you? I hate it when someone tells me they "Don't know". Next question, How old are you?" I'm starting to think I should just start lying. I'm worried about saying something wrong though, but I can't exactly tell her i'm 32 now can I? I have the body of a child so ill say I am one.

"2."  I take a guess. Her eyes widen a little and she starts to smile.

"Well I don't know if I believe that, but ill find out soon enough." Doubt in her eyes. 

'What's that supposed to mean? Do I not look like a 2 yo?' I feel something drip down from my mouth and my lips feel swollen. She reaches her hand out towards me and I flinch and close my eyes.

"I don't want you bleeding on my blanket." I hear her mutter. She said something else more quietly. Its almost sounded like she said "Not yet." It gave me goose bumps.

I feel a coldness on my face then it goes away. I open my eyes and bring my hand to my face. I don't feel anything other then my swollen lips. My left eye is also starting to swell. I look at my hand, but there isn't any blood on it.

"Alright, that's all for now. Come here, we're going back to sleep." Kira says as she grabs me with a grin.

"No!" the last thing I want to do is be snuggled up against this women again. Kira frown's at me and I see a dangerous glint in her eyes.

"You will. Or you won't be sleeping at all." She threatens in low, dangerous tone.

I try pushing away from her again, but it earns me another slap. I feel blood running down my face again.

"Fine. No sleep it is." She gets off the bed holding my chain tight in her hands and starts walking towards the other end of the wagon. When the slack in my chain is up she yanks it and I fly off the bed onto the floor. She keeps walking until she is standing above where my chain is connected to the floor. She pulls my chain to drag me over. It starts to choke me so I have to crawl towards her. When i'm at her feet she lifts my chain up forcing me to stand until i'm on my tippy toes. I look up and she has looped my chain around a hook. Then she walks back to her bed.

"Have a good night~." She sings as she got back into bed under the covers. I heard her mutter something then it got darker. She left me hanging by my neck. I started to panic a little.

I reach my hands up to grab the chain so that i'm more stable and its a little easier on my legs. I look around for something to stand on but everything is too far away. I can't move an inch. I put more strength in my grip and attempt to climb it but the chain is suddenly slick like its covered in oil and it slips through my hands. I lose my balance and end up hanging from my neck. My throat is closed off. I scramble to get my feet back underneath me. When I do I lightly grab the chain with my hands again and start having a coughing fit. I can see her looking at me with a smirk then she lays back down.

"Please don't do this" I started to plea. She sat back up and looked at me.

"One more word and ill tie your hands behind your back." She growled at me. I gulped and she laid down.

_______________________________________________________________________________

At first I didn't think it would be that bad since I wasn't actually tired. Then my arms started to fall asleep and my toes and calf muscles started to ache. I let one of my arms down to recover. Then I tried to put more weight on one foot then the other, but I started to lose my balance and I stopped.

I don't think I've ever felt this helpless before. I started to feel a sense of hopelessness I know all to well. I'm crying. I wonder if it's because i'm a girl now or just a lifetime of grief catching up to me. Maybe it's that this new life seems to be even worse then the last one. Probably all of the above. I don't even have family now. I can't even take advantage of having my memories. I can't be a well behaved and helpful child to my parents or good brother, well sister now, to spoil and protect my siblings. None of that is going to happen. My knowledge from my past life seems completely useless.

_______

I can hear Kira lightly snoring. I've alternated between my arms a few times now and my legs are screaming at me. I shut my eye's to concentrate on maintaining my balance. Sweat is starting to drip down my face.

_______

My legs are starting to shake. I bring my other hand up. Now i'm holding the chain with both hands and I readjust my grip so its where the chain is attached to the Collar. The Collar isn't skin tight so this works slightly and takes a little pressure from my legs.

_______

I don't know how much time has passed. My toes have locked up and my calves have cramped. I cant feel my hands anymore.. my consciousness is starting to fade. 

Someone has pinned me on the ground. I cant see their face. I'm struggling and yelling. We're in the living room. I can see the T.V. They flip me over and pull my hands above my head and pin them there. I hear the sound of a belt being undone. Then my shorts are yanked down..

_______________________________________________________________________________

I feel my ears being fondled, its a pleasant feeling. I feel some weird sensation in my chest and throat. I open my eyes. Kira is standing there smiling. She looks a little tired. She has bags underneath her eyes.

"Did you sleep well?" Kira asks sweetly as she reaches up and unhooks the chain. My weight drops onto my feet and I drop my arms. My toes screams in protest as they unbend. My leg muscles are knots.

"Thank you" I whisper. Fresh tears streaming down my face. Either from relief for being let down or from stopping that nightmare recurring. 

"Oh? Why are you thanking me?" she inquires.

"For letting me down to rest." I manage to get out. I hear her giggle.

"Silly" Kira starts rubbing my ears and that sensation comes back. "I'm not letting you down. You are still not allowed to sleep." I look further up. Through blurry eyes I can see the chain still on the hook. She only gave me enough slack so I could stand. My heart starts to beat faster, waking me up a little as I start to panic.

"You be a good girl while i'm gone, okay?" She cheerfully says while patting my head. I turn to watch her as she goes to the door to open it. The sun light assaults my eyes and I close them. I hear the door close. I open my eyes and see i'm alone. My thoughts are scrambled together as I full on panic now. I look around. Even though she gave me some slack its not enough for my feet to reach the nearest chest. I'm stuck standing here. I can hear some sounds from outside then they fade..

______

I'm falling asleep at this point. My arms are hurting in the way that only limbs that fall asleep do when you regain feeling in them again. I cross my arms and start massaging them to help with the blood flow. My legs are still cramped. I lift one leg and start to massage the other one with it. It brings some relief. I repeat the process with the other leg. My neck is stiff and my back hurts.

My eye's start to close and i'm starting to sway a little. I wonder when she'll be back. I wonder if I want her to come back. My mind drifts away.

Someone is pinning me to the ground..

31