Chapter 16 “Botched Escape Plan?”
1.4k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hurry after Mistress leaving the wagon. We head straight for the next wagon. Wagon #3, here we come. As we are approaching it, it's door opens and James walks out. With him is a man and Foxy. The man has a crew cut, dark brown hair and aquamarine eyes. They are actually very pretty. He has a square jaw and wide brow. Scars all over his head and hands. He has broad strong looking shoulders, barrel chest and thick arms and legs. The tallest person I've seen yet. The dude looks like a G.I joe. He has metal-plated armor. I see a short sword on his hip and a good amount of knives strapped here and there. I see a pommel coming over his right shoulder and he is holding the strap of a few quivers filled with arrows in his hand. I also notice something on his neck. Not a Collar, but a Tattoo. Looks kind of Tribal. Its as black as black can get. 'That's cool looking.' 

Foxy is also decked out, but in a hodgepodge kind of way. Probably because no one actually has armor for a 10 yo. Its all leather armor. I shall name her gear 'Patchwork Armor'. She has a bow that looks to big for her slung on her arm like a purse. 'So what the hell is going on here?'

"Oh, Miss Kira, we are all done here. Everything work out with Rastlin?" James asks. Foxy is looking at me and I feel like im going to catch on fire from the intensity of her gaze. She is practically glowing with determination. 'What happened to her since I left the cages? I'm going to fucking kill Pedo if he touched her.'

"It went fine~. The bastard didn't clean his wagon though." Mistress complains. "Are you bringing Faye over there now?" Mistress asks. 'Who's Faye?'

"Yeah. Come on John, Faye." and he headed towards wagon #2. 'Foxy's name is Faye?' I'm glad I know her name now. I give her a big smile. 

"Hi Faye." I say waving at her. She can't stop the smile forming on her face. 'Yes! Smiles are infectious! Take that slavery!' Her hand starts to raise and her mouth opens.

"H-" (Smack) I'm tasting dirt again. 'Right, i'm not allowed to talk unless spoken to.' I'm not a very good slave. I feel my lip split again and spit some blood. I hope she doesn't hit Foxy, I mean Faye. I look over to see Faye being pulled along by the hand by John? She is looking back with furious expression on face. 'Wait, wasn't john the name of the guy who caught me, put a Collar on me and threw me in a cage?' That fucking prick.

Mistress is already walking into the wagon. I hurry up and follow. Its an armory wagon. Armor, swords, shields, bows, crossbows and everything else everywhere. Mistress walks in and grabs a dagger then heads deeper into the wagon. 'Well if this isn't an opportunity then I don't know what is.' I quietly shuffle to the side not taking my eyes off of Mis-Kira. I reach my left hand out and touch blindly and immediately cut my finger. 'Fuck!' I yank my hand back and look at it. Its fine. I look back at Mistress and reach to the side again. Mistress is picking up a sword now and buckling its sheath to her waist. My hand touches something else and I try to put it into my Inventory.

Nothing happens. I glance over real quick and see i'm touching the chest holding all the stuff. I guess I lucked out again that the whole thing didn't go in. Or worse only the chest went in leaving its contents to pour out onto the ground and me. I look back at Mistress who is now picking up a Bow and a quiver of arrows. I move my hand a little more franticly. I feel something smooth and try putting it in. The feeling of it vanishes from my hand. Mistress starts to turn towards me. I scramble back to the door. I act like i'm looking around and not paying attention. The classic 'I'm just standing here whistling , don't mind me.'

"Come here Yuna." Mistress says I can't read her expression or tone at all. 

"Yes, Mistress?" I walk towards her. I see her pull out a shirt that is way too big.

"Hold up your arms~" I do as she says and she pulls the shirt down over my head. Its so long on me its way past my knees. At least it doesn't smell bad. Now that i'm down here I actually see things other then weapons and armor. There are clothes, tents, bedding, some backpack looking things among other stuff. Also some pots and food. Maybe its not armory wagon. Its the storage wagon.

"Lets go~" Mistress sings and heads out with me in tow. 'Its nice having some form of clothing.' I definitely didn't enjoy being naked in front of everyone or even anyone with this body.

Outside I see John standing outside wagon #2. I guess he didn't need to go in. We are walking towards the horses. There are only a handful left. There are two men waiting there. One is tall and thin. All lanky looking. He has two? short swords on his left hip and a small buckler on his back. The other guy is shorter, but stockier, he only has a large hammer and a small dagger that I can see. They are both wearing Scale-mail like Mistress only rougher looking.

"Zak, Bear, everything ready?" Mistress address them in turn. "Where is Travis? I need to give him the Control Rod." Skinny guy is Zak. Stocky is Bear. 'Control Rod huh?'

"Yes ma'am. The horses are loaded and we are ready to go." He then looked past us. "Travis is walking over now." I turned to look and I see James and John walking over with Faye in tow. I looked around and then noticed Shiteater heading right towards us. 'Well, now I know Shiteater's name.'

I look at Faye and her determination from before is gone. It's been replaced with desperation and despair. 'Why is everyone so moody here?' 

James's group gets here first and Mistress walks up to Faye. She suddenly has a Obsidian Rod with silver inlays in her hand. She places the tip of the rod against Faye's Collar and says "Release". There is a brief high pitched humming sound. Faye doesn't react. Mistress then turned to me and did the same thing. I didn't feel anything except a slight vibration. 

"Travis come here."-Mistress 

"Coming Ma'am, sorry for making you wait."-Travis

"Here" She hands the Rod to Travis. "Don't try to pull any kind of shit while we are gone. Just follow the instructions I gave. Oh, and also get Hanz to clean Rastlin's wagon and possibly him if he hasn't done it himself or its your ass." Mistress threatens him.

"uh.. (Gulp) Will do Ma'am. You wont have to worry about a thing while in the dungeon." Travis is stressed out it seems. I take the time to look over at Faye. She is now standing next to me looking sad. I don't know what is happening, but I know losing herself in whatever is eating her up is never a good thing. I reach out and grab her hand. When I touch it she jumps a little coming out of her thoughts. When she see's its me she relaxes and gives me a little smile that doesn't reach her eyes. I tightened my grip on her hand. I could never try and comfort anyone in my old life. Either they were afraid of me or thought I had other things on my mind. Its nice that I can at least try now. 

Mistress is talking with the others. I take the chance.

"Hi Faye" I say. "I've been wanting to talk to you for awhile." She suddenly starts crying. 'Well shit'

"I'm sorry" she whimpers.  

"Uhh.. what are you sorry for?" I bring my other hand up to sandwich her hand in-between mine.

"I f-failed." she looks like she is about to full on bawl. "I didn't get it. Now there is no way, no way for me to get you out of here." 'What!?!' I'm stunned from this confession.

Before I could ask anymore I notice Mistress walking over. 'Fucking bitch let me talk to Faye!' I want to scream at her. She has a different Obsidian Rod in her hand. This one has gold inlays. She repeats the process she did with the other one only saying "Restrict" instead. It let out a low pitch humming.

"You two are getting along I see." She said looking at my hands still holding Faye's hand. She then chuckled and mumbled "Interesting.." then continued. "Keep up with the horses or we'll drag you behind them." Then she walked away. I noticed everyone was mounted on the remaining horses. 'Well shit, how in the hell am I going to keep up? I'm a damn midget.' Then I realize that Faye and I will be alone and I just learned that she may or may not have an escape plan. I wont judge it until I hear it. I already learned my lesson with Bull dude. Just because she is like 10 or so doesn't mean it wont be viable.

Mistress mounts her horse and then leads the way in a slow trot. 'Thank god' Its just a light jog for me. My new feet are pretty cool. Doesn't hurt at all to be running barefoot like this. Well apart from the leftover pains from the torture. My toes and legs are still sore despite the potion. My right side still aches, but not as bad. We get on the road and head down it. About 300 yards away I can see large wooden walls and a Gate open at the end of the road. On either side of the of the gate on the inside I can see the tops of wooden towers. There are two people standing at either side of the Gate. About 40 feet away from the gate is something like a Guardhouse. There is a man in it. There is a small line in front of it as well as two more guard looking people. I can't tell the size of the town, but it seems rather large to me. I take the chance to talk to Faye some more.

"So umm.. Faye. What did you mean by all of that?" I ask her. She turns to me and fresh tears start falling from her eyes.

"I-I couldn't find the key." She bawls. "The only way to get away is to get the Collars off or get the Control rod. The Control Rod is out of the question, but there are a few keys. Mistress has one along with Master, Rastlin and John. Only Rastlin should have more then one. When I was in his wagon I tried to find one, b-but-" That's all she could get out before sobbing. She has stopped jogging and is crying into her hands. I stop with her and try to grab her shirt and drag her forward. 

"Faye its okay. Please stop crying. It'll be okay." I try to calm her down. Mistress and the others turn off the road to the left. I look ahead and I see trees and hills up ahead. 

"How will it be okay?! I have to get you away from h-her!" She almost yells. 'Shit!' I look at everyone, no one seems to have noticed her outburst. Though John did turn his head slightly.

"Shhhhh" I shush her.

"Oh" she slapped a hand over her mouth. It seems fear brought her back.

"So all we have to do is get a key then, right? We have three of them in front us." I try to reassure her. She responds to my pulling and we start jogging again.

"Yes, that's true, but Mistress's isn't possible to get. John probably doesn't even have his with him since its unnecessary for him to. Master's.. well it would be possible, but we would need a miracle to get it." She explains. 'Mistress's is impossible. I think I know why. It must have to do with how she pulls objects out of nowhere, like she has Inventory. John is up in the air and Master is almost as bad as Mistress. Great'

"We can just wait until another time, right? We just have to bide our time until we can get a key." I try again to reassure her that its not so bleak.

"N-no." She says in defeat. "We would still need to escape and the dungeon is the best possible way. The only way. I was going to look for the opportunity inside to take you away, but with the Collars on we won't be able to lose them. Mistress only has to stay put and our range will be limited. They will easily catch us. Even is it is a maze floor." My god, she is more negative then I am. 

"Mistress said that she would always know where I am after that weird magic ritual thing. Did you have a plan for that?" I may as well get more information. "Also, can't we just wait until we go to another dungeon?"

"That is the effect of the Slave Seal. It links you to her, but just barely. I have one now too with Master. It doesn't work the way it should because we are Beast-kin. We are free to run and the further we are the better. As for another dungeon, that could be years. I'm going to this one because they are leveling me to be a permanent hunter for the caravan. You are here because Mistress wants you to grow bigger. Neither of us is ever likely to come back into a dungeon together." she explains. Then I hear her whisper. "and you wont want to leave by then." I wonder what she means by that. 'Also grow bigger? I thought I was here to level or something'

We are almost at the tree's at this point. Mistress slows down and John takes the lead followed by Zak and Bear. There is a small trail we all start to head down at a slower pace. When we caught up to them I could no longer discuss things further with Faye. I'll have to look for another chance. Why is she trying so hard to help me escape?

 

 

24