Cahpter 22 “Great Balls Of Fire”
1.1k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

   I thought moving Faye would have been harder. She is still a lot bigger then me and she is wearing all of that armor. It should not be this easy. Granted I can't straight up pick her up in my arms or anything. I'm more or less dragging her since her feet are still touching the ground. When I looked at my status I did glimpse that I only have 5 strength... 'I gained 11 levels and only got 4 more points. WTH is that?!'

So I got Faye over onto the horse. She woke up at one point for a moment, but then shut her eyes. I just have her draped over the horse in front of me. I'm sure this is fine, for a little while at least.

"Okay Horsey, we're ready." Technically I'm not actually sure if it laying down was a yes or not. I just came over to it and started petting its flank saying "Good horsey" then dragged Faye over here. So this is the moment of truth. The Horse let out a snort then stood up causing me to barely be able to hook my arms around its neck to stop from falling off.

"Jesus!" I didn't consider what would happen when it stood up. I readjust and make sure Faye is okay. My headache has gone down a bit. I checked my status real quick earlier to see what happened and my Mana said it was at -3 and my Health went down a little, so that's not good. SMana was still full, w/e that is. I'll have to ask Faye about Mana when I get the chance. 

"Can you go towards the Town?" I ask the horse. Now that I think about it, didn't they talk to the Horses in LoTR too? I need to start thinking about all of that obscure fantasy stuff from now on. Its my new life after all.

I have some concerns for when we get to the town. I forgot to bring them up to Faye at the time, but aren't we pretty much runaway slaves right now? In the US, when there was slavery, Runaway Slaves were treated very badly. 

The horse has been walking through the woods for a few minutes now and we have come upon the trail. The horse doesnt hesitate to turn to the left and head down it. 'I hope this horse is going the right way. It would be really ba-'

"Nevermind..." I mutter as I see the trees come to an end ahead.

We have come out of the tree line into the open. I can see the town walls. Now my nerves are acting up again. I have already seen the Tattoo around Faye's neck. I must have one too. I'm Half naked with the body of a well... early teenager. And the exposed half is the half I don't want anyone to see. Still no hair yet down there though, so i guess its still early. 'God i'm uncomfortable.' Bare ass horse back riding blows.

I look at Faye and see that fluffy looking tail of hers. I reach out and grab it.

"How is it so soft?" It really is. If I could have a bed made out of this...

As we get closer to the walls I can see that the Gate has been closed..

'What did Faye want to do? Yell at them to open up?' I am not that assertive of a person to be able to do that. The walls aren't actually that high. 'I could climb them, but then what? Break into peoples homes?' I wish Faye was awake. 'I licked her face earlier didn't I? What was that about?' I have to admit that i'm doing things without realizing why i'm doing them. Like crying for one.

'(Sigh) I need to focus.' But I'm just trying to avoid something. Something that I have been avoiding since I got on the horse and started over here.

I know where to go and get everything we will need to travel for awhile, but I dont want to go back there. 'What if I get caught again?' That Storage Wagon has everything though. Imagine if i put it all into my Inventory. We would be set!

I could also free the other slaves... I'm running out of time. One of the moons has set. 'Where is this forth moon?'

Its the best option. Actually maybe the only option.

"Horsey can you take us over there." I say pointing at the side of the road, over near the Slaver wagons. Not that close though. Its closer to the town then the camp. The Horse neighed then headed over. 'This horse is amazing!' When we got there I asked to be let down and it complied by throwing me off by laying down. Its movements caused me to be thrown off, but at least Faye stayed on. I scraped my knees and one of my elbows a little. I brushed myself off then moved Faye so that she was laying along side the horse.

"I-if I don't come back, take care of her... or at least try and take her as far from here as you can." I ask the horse while petting it. I don't know how much it can understand me, but I can only hope it gets the gist of it. When I got up to walk away it pressed its head into my chest then grabbed my shirt with its mouth stopping me from leaving.

"Thank you for helping us until now, but I have to do this." I tell it. It let go and snorted at me. I took off my shirt and put it on the ground next to Faye. I petted the horse's nose and cheek then turned around and headed towards the camp.

This is going to be tricky. I'm going to need to sneak up to the wagon as a Fox then be a Fox-kin to open the door. There is also the problem of greed. I don't need all of those weapons. I'm not trying to be some kind of Weapon Salesman or something. 'Also, am I going to free the slaves? Am I going to sneak into Mistress's wagon?' (sigh) Forget all of that for now. My priority is the storage wagon and its food, clothing, arrows and tents. {Fox Form} Aka Super Thief. That failed horribly the first time I stole something...

'Oh god.' Now I have the James Bond theme music playing in my head. I scurry up to the camp as slowly as I dare to. When Mistress wakes up I want us to be far away from here.

The camp is actually still pretty empty. 'I guess the others didn't come back? Are they staying in the town?' There are only a few tents out. I also don't see any guards.. 'Is it because we are near a town?' I crank up my senses and pay even more attention to my surroundings as I creep ahead.

I'm now outside the 3rd wagon. I go around to the door and look around. No one in sight. 'How is this so easy?' Its reminding me of my first night here. Its really putting me on edge. I can hear some noise coming from the Slave Wagon, but nothing else nearby.

I press my ear against the wagons door just in case and listen. Well, more like I just put my ear next to it..  I listen for a minute and I don't hear anything. I walk back behind the wagon and {Fox-Kin form}.

This is sooo much better then before. Its only irritating now. I hope I don't put off any kind of glowing light when I do this.. My eyes are forced shut when switching. I cant hear anything either. Switching back and forth leaves me very vulnerable.

Its done. I look around and I don't sense anyone around still. I edge back around the Wagon up to its door and unlatch it and head inside closing it behind me. 'Fuck its dark in here! I cant see shit.'

I'll have to leave the door open. I need to hurry even more now. I quietly open the door. I scamper to the back of the wagon. There is a barrel full of apple looking things. 'Ohh noo, I'm going to have to do this one at a time aren't I?' I try putting the barrel in , but nothing happens. 'Shit!' Lets see if I can turn my hand into a vacuum cleaner. I place my hand on the apples and think "In".... Nothing happens. 'WTH!?' I grab one apple. When i'm only touching it, it vanishes. I have to do it literally "one at a time.." 'Fine. I can still do the Vacuum Finger!' I run a finger over the top of the apples and it works! Sucking them one by one out of existence. 'Sweet success.'

This is still going to take awhile. I make my way halfway down then stop. That's good enough. I grab some pots and bowls too. There is a few sacks filled with Dried Meat that I make my way through. There is another sack that kind of looks like potato's and something that looks like a Pear, but is prickly all over. I add them to the collection. That's it for the food selection in here. I grab a few of the tents and I just start stuffing whatever looks like clothing into my inventory. I also picked up a few Backpack looking things.

I start moving back towards the front of the wagon. Anytime I see a quiver I grab it. Weidly I don't have to touch each individual arrow.. I grab a few more Bows too. I know fuck all about Armor so I just shove whatever I touch in there.

"Ahhh" I went to grab a knife to put it in, but when I touched the handle an electric like shock went through my arm. It didn't hurt that much, but now my arm is numb. 'What was that? A magic knife?' I try to touch another one, a dagger this time, on the flat of its blade and nothing happened so I put it in. I moved on looking for a shortsword and maybe a small shield for me to use.

I found a shield that looked good and grabbed it with my left hand to try out its weight when I got shocked again. [Ding] 'Huh?' I check the notification.

[Rebound: Cannot Use Any Kind Of Armaments Due To Class Restrictions] 

'You have to be fucking kidding me...' I reach for the handle of the nearest sword. It shocks me. I reach out to the blade part and it doesn't. 'So can I just wrap the blade in a fabric or just dull the blade so I can grab it and swin-' It shocked me again. 'So I can't think of using it as a weapon?' I try to grab the handle again, but I don't think of using it. It doesn't shock me until I try to lift it. I don't ever seem to have time to figure out and experiment with this stuff. I touch the shield and put it into the inventory. I'm probably too weak to use a sword and shield anyway. I'll have time to figure it out when we're out of here.

I grab a weird looking crossbow thing on my way out. I pause listening next to the door.. I don't hear anything. I step out.. coast is clear. Another moon has set. 'Was I in there that long? Damn this fucking one at a time bullshit.' I close the door and latch it. This is going so smoothly.. I still hear some noise from the Slaves. I don't have time for any of this. Maybe I could just run in there real quick and toss them the Key, but what if I need it again in the future? 'I-I can at least see what the noise is.' I sneak over to wagon #4. The closer I get the more I hear. I hear crying and sobbing and... grunting and swearing.

I make it to the entrance and peek in. Its dark, but my eyes can still see well enough. A few of the Slaves are awake. Bull man, Bird girl, A Beast-kin that looks like a Dog and... That girl that was to the left of my cage. Shiteater is here too. He is raping her. I say rape because he has her kneeling on the floor with her face pressed on the ground with one of his feet stepping onto the top of her head. Her ass is in the air and he is securing one of her arms behind her back as he thrusts his hips. I can't see her face, but I hear grunts of pain and sobbing from her. I just find it hard to think that this is some kind of fetish for her because of what he is saying.

"-ur kids?" he says and thrusts a few more times. "I fucked them to death! Hahaha" he starts laughing. "You remember how they called out to you? The look in their ey-" I stop listening to the sick fuck. I just want him to die. The problem is I don't know if i'll be able to. I still don't know how the mechanics of this world work. 'If I just slit his throat will that be enough?' It worked for the goblins, but only after they were hurt by Zak and Bear. Even Faye needed 2 arrows to kill them and she always hit them in vital spots. 'I co-'

"Ah!" I let out a yelp. Something just grabbed my left arm. I would have jumped 20 feet in the air again if it wasn't holding me so firmly. I look over getting ready to claw and bite the hell out of whatever grabbed me when I see its Bull dude. He has reached through his cage and grabbed me. 'When did I get into the wagon?' He is just looking at me... I have an idea. I just don't know if I should do it. I have serious trust issues. I only trust Faye. And I guess the horse. I always used to say that I don't trust people, but I do trust them be themselves. And if I don't know you, how can I trust you to be yourself? In short, I didn't trust anyone. How can you ever truly know someone? I look the bull guy in the eyes and point at shiteater.

"Kill him and i'll set you free." I whisper to him. He looks at Shiteater then back at me. He just continues to stare. I bring out the key for him to see.

"I will take off your Collar." I make a motion around my neck like i'm unclasping something.

"If you kill him." Then I pointed again at Shiteater and drew my finger across my throat. I could have went with the hangman's noose, but they might not hang people here, but I do know that they slit throats. He stared at me some more then nodded. 'Do I risk letting this guy out? Wait.. How do I even let him out?' I store the key. I see a glint in the Bulls eye's. It just occurred to me that my body is painted in Faye's dried blood. Its only here and there because I left my shirt back with Faye, but still. I hope the whole color red and bull thing doesn't apply here.

"Do you know how to open the cage?" I reach towards the cage door and act like i'm trying to open it. And it easily pulls open...

"Huh?" I don't have time to think about it because Bull man charges out of the cage pushing me aside. 

(THUMP, THUMP, THUMP) He is full on sprinting at Shiteater causing the entire wagon to shake. I have made a mistake. 'He is going to wake up the entire camp!' Shiteater whips around and when he see's bull man charging at him his eyes become saucers.

"NOOO!!!" Shiteater screams as loudly as possible. 'Fuck!!' Everyone had to hear that. Shiteater starts to fumble with his pants trying to pull them up and stumbles out of the cage. He manages to get his hand on a dagger at his belt, but its too late. 

Bull dude charges into him picking him up as they come into contact and continues a few more feet before stopping and bringing Shiteater up into a Bear Hug.

"AHHHH!! Let go you bastard!! Let me go or i'l-Ughhh!" Shiteater screamed striking the Bulls face with his only free hand. Then Bull dude started squeezing him. I can hear his ribs popping which reminds me of my broken ribs. I hurriedly check myself. I didn't even think about that before. I'm perfectly fine. A splashing sound brings me back to the matter at hand. I look up and start retching. Bull dude didn't stop squeezing. Shiteaters guts came out of his mouth and... other orifices. I hear a wet plop and thud. (THUMP, THUMP) 

Bull dude is walking back towards me. I can hear shouts and running from outside. There is only one thing I can think to do. I run to the Bull.

"Come down here so I can reach your Collar!" Then I motion with my hands. (THUD) He took a knee then bent his back and neck towards me. I brought out the key and just ran it along the Collar. I watched Faye do it before, hopefully it works. When I had almost encircled the entire thing I heard a click. I pulled his Collar of and put it and the Key back in my inventory. Bull dude stood back up and placed his hand on my head then pushed past me heading for the exit. I'm pretty sure he just covered the top of my head in gore.. (Gag) 'j-just don't think about it.'

"Does anyone else want to be free!" I ask running into the cage of the women that Shiteater was raping. Everyone is awake by now. She seems to be pretty much out of it. I take the Collar off her neck, but she just laid there unresponsive. I'm not in any position to help her more then that. I may not even be able to escape myself, let alone trying to drag a catatonic women with me. I look over at what is left of Shiteater's body. And gag immediately. 

"I Do!" A strange voice calls out. I look over and its the Bird girl. I rush over to her and immediately open her cage. I no longer have the time to consider anything any longer. The door opens just as easily as Bull dudes did. She isn't very big so I can reach her Collar. She seems hesitant at first letting me near her neck, but only for a moment then she lets me. Her Collar comes off much faster then the Bulls. It seems I just need to pass over where each end of the Collar latch together. She lets out a Happy sounding Chirp then takes off past me. Suddenly a lot more people are calling out to be let free, so I get to work.

Only about three minutes have passed and I've let out half of the slaves. I'm out of time, I have to go. I'm currently taking the Collar off a Beast-Kin women that looks like a Ring-tailed Raccoon or something like it at least. That tail looks just like one.

"Here!" I said shoving the key at her. "Can you finish Freeing everyone?" I ask her. She looks at me in shock.

"No!" she yelled, shoving the key back at me and running away. The sounds outside are getting worse. 'Well fuck you too!'

"I'm sorry! I can't stay!" I yell out to the rest of the slaves who all cry out to me in response as I run out. I pull open a few cages as I run by not slowing down. When I get outside what I see is chaos. I can see most of the slaves I let out running away from the camp, but some have gone to the storage wagon. 'Bull dude, come on, really?' Bull dude is standing next to the Oxen trying to pull them away from camp while at the same time fighting off two fully armed guards. I just shake my head and dive underneath the wagon. {Fox Form} 

I can run alot faster like this. It only takes a minute, but even with all of my senses cut off while its happening, I think its worth the risk. When I regain my senses I smell smoke and hear screaming. I look over and right outside the Slave wagon the ground is on fire. 'What the hell happened there?' As I am thinking about it I hear a (Woosh). I look and there is a Fireball (A Fucking Fireball!!) flying through the air and it strikes one of the Slaves setting him on fire. His cries are cut short as the fire burns him. I look at where the Fireball seemed to fly over from and I see Rastlin standing there. 'Nope!'I have seen enough.

I crawl out from under the wagon and take off like a bat out of hell, headed straight for Faye and the Horsey.

 

 

 

20