The First Night
1.5k 6 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Gosh I can't believe I forgot to upload another thing, silly me.

So, what you're about to read is among the first pieces I ever wrote, that I'm proud of. Before this I tried writing Eggsperience Grinding, something I should get back to working on someday, and before that as a 15 year old I just wrote horrendous stuff, you can still find it on my alternate deviantart account sin-the-evil-one. Anyways, this is the first in currently four stories providing lore for my fursona, Katie Grypha, Grypha to her friends to avoid being deadnamed. You've already seen her every time you open one of these stories, she's the cute gryphon in the cover image hugging a wooloo. Anyways, here's story number one, the night she came out. I'd really love to get this adapted to a comic one day. Oh well.

Grypha tapped her feline paw nervously while sitting at the booth, waiting for her friends to show up. She checked her phone, about ten minutes before they all agreed to hang out. Tapping over to the chat app, she pulled up the conversation she was having with a friend of hers. 

Marcy-Pan: So, you gonna tell them today?

Cry-phon: I’m nervous about it it took me a while to tell you and we met on a trans support server

Marcy-Pan: I get that Grypha sweetie, I do, but they’re your friends, I’m sure they’ll understand

Cry-phon: It’s still scary to tell someone who thinks you’re a boy since they’ve know you as one for a while 

Cry-phon: that you’re not one

Cry-phon: That you’re a girl

Marcy-Pan: Yup, but if anything bad happens I got your back

Cry-phon: Thanks, Marcy

Marcy: No problem Katie, you’re a great gal and I’m sure your friends will see it when you tell them

Grypha wiped the tear off and steeled herself. She looked up off her phone as her friend group entered the café and she waved them over. Kinda lucky she was friends with three girls, that might make this easier. Or maybe harder. You can never tell how people will react when coming out.

“Hi gals, I got here really early to make sure we had somewhere to sit.” Grypha said as she adjusted her position to make more space for the girls. 

“Thanks Grypha, did you order yet?” Asked Nana, as she sat down and made sure her gecko tail was on her lap and not in someone’s face. Grypha understood that struggle, having to make sure her wings weren’t blocking anyone’s vision. 

“Nah, I was waiting for you three to get here before I did. And I have kind of kept nature on hold, for like half an hour now while waiting for you, so just order something for me while I rush to answer.” Replied Grypha, getting up off the couch, putting her phone down and running towards the toilets.

“Hey wait Grypha you left it unlocked!” Alice yelled towards her, while bringing her deer hand to her face to make herself more audible. Grypha already closed the door behind her. “Gosh that guy is fast at running, remember how he ran off when we were about to enter the clothing store at the mall when we were hanging out?” Alice continued talking, and as she did Donna picked Grypha’s phone up with her owl hand, seeing the conversation Grypha left open. 

“Hey Alice?” Donna said, handing Alice the phone. “You might want to correct your usage of pronouns there.” Alice grabbed it and read the conversation. 

“Oh woah, what’s this? So we’re a whole girl gang?” Alice said upon reading it. 

Nana shook her head “Alice don’t say emoticons out loud you complete and utter nerd. What do we do though, should we let Grypha know she kept her phone unlocked, and that we read this private conversation, that she had with a trustworthy friend, which led us to finding out she’s a trans girl, or do we let her come out on her own terms?” She asked, and looked to the other two sitting at the booth. 

 

“I think we should come clean. And help her out with a makeover. I mean sheesh she’s been wearing the same jeans and hoodie combo since we met.” Was Alice’s reply, as she leaned back against the couch. “I guess now we also know why she’s been growing her hair out for four years. That ponytail has got to go though.” She continued. 

“Kind of mean of you to say Alice, but I think she needs it. As a confidence boost.” Is what Donna said, beckoning the waitress over to order. The waitress approached quickly

“Hi what would you like to order?” Asked the waitress, taking out a notepad to write down the order on. 

“Yes we’d like four fruit teas and a Celebration Girl sundae.” Replied Donna to the waitress. 

“Oh, what’s the occasion? Is it for one of you three?” Inquired the waitress further. 

“We just found out a friend of ours is a girl and we want to show her support in a really cheesy way.” Nana said. The waitress winked and walked off. 

 

Meanwhile, in the men’s room, Grypha was pumping herself up in one of the stalls. Come on girl, you got this, just tell your best friends you’re a girl, it’s okay. Wait, Alice yelled something at me as I rushed in….oh shit. My phone! With how nosy Donna is, she must know already! My life is over. Alright, so just walk out, see their reaction. She thought to herself, getting up, pulling her panties and jeans up, washing her hands and walking towards the booth. As she exited the bathroom the girls looked towards her and smiled. She awkwardly made her way over and sat down. “So...what were you yelling at me as I was running into the bathroom, Alice?” She asked while picking up her phone off the table and putting it in her pocket. 

“Oh, just that you kept your phone unlocked...and that you’re entering the wrong bathroom, Grypha.” Replied Alice. Grypha’s heart sunk. They know… She thought, ready to defend herself as the waitress approached with the order.

“Okay, four fruit teas and who’s the lucky girl getting the sundae?” Asked the waitress, as Nana, Alice and Donna pointed to Grypha. The waitress sat the sundae down, smiled at everyone, said “Enjoy, call me if you need anything.” and left. Grypha took the note put on the plate the sundae cup was brought on and read it out loud. 

“Congratulations on figuring out you’re a girl, we all hope you get to show us your true-er self on your next visit.” Grypha looked to all her friends. Her beak started trembling a bit while it formed a smile and tears welled in her eyes. Nana, who sat closest to her, wrapped her arm around her shoulder to give her a hug. 

“Did you really think we’d hate you for being you? You sweet dummy, we could never.” Were the words Nana used to try and comfort Grypha. 

“You should dig into the sundae before it melts though girl. And then we’re finishing the teas, paying and getting out of here, we can’t have you cocooning up in a hoodie and jeans with your hair tied back all the time!” Said Alice as she lifted Grypha’s head up to look her in the eyes. “Should have figured, I’ve seen your eyes on a couple of my former classmates.” She added.

“W-what eyes?” Asked Grypha while crying tears of joy.

“Dead eyes, like a robot making the motions, that light up with life when you affirm the person’s gender. Just then, when I called you a girl, you got that little bit of a smile and your eyes lit up with life.” Alice said, smiling back at her friend. She let go of Grypha’s face and Grypha dug into the sundae. 

 

In about twenty minutes the girls were walking towards Grypha’s apartment. 

“Wait, Grypha, do you even have something other than hoodies and jeans to wear?” Asked Donna.

“I….do not. I’ve felt too awkward to enter clothing stores to try and buy girl clothes. Every time I try I just get an anxiety attack over someone telling me I don’t belong there. Or that I shouldn’t be wearing that.” Replied Grypha, looking down at her back paws while she held her hands together so as not to fidget with them. Nana placed her hand on Grypha’s and smiled at her. 

“We will go with you to get something. Do you have any idea what kind of clothes you’d want to wear?” Asked Nana as she gently rubbed Grypha’s thumbs to reassure her. Grypha took out her phone and opened up a folder in her picture gallery. 

“I have...been saving pictures of outfits I’d love to wear...but I’m not sure they’d suit me. Considering my figure and all.” Answered Grypha as she was showing pictures of clothing. 

“Grypha I’d smack you upside the head for the figure comment, you’re hiding an adorable, soft tum and feminine hips under that hoodie and we both know it.” Alice kept looking through dozens of goth girl outfits “You’re gonna be a stunning goth girl.” Said Alice as she looked at the pictures. Grypha blushed at her statement but smiled slightly as well. “Okay, I’m treating you to your first couple outfits since your mom wouldn’t have bothered with it up until now.” Continued Alice as she grabbed Grypha’s hand and almost dragged her to a clothing store. Alice could feel Grypha’s grip tightening and her breath quickening. Alice tightened her grip on Grypha’s hand back to assure her, as Nana patted her shoulder. Grypha’s breath slowly calmed down somewhat again, and they entered the store. 

 

They spent about an hour in there getting Grypha stuff she liked. It took about another twenty minutes to make their way over to Grypha’s apartment. 

“Alright Grypha. Go to the bathroom and get naked.” Said Alice upon them all entering the place. The other girls looked at her as if she suddenly transformed into a three headed dragon. “I’m not joking. I’ve seen you in your underwear before girl, when I woke you up at three in the morning to hide from an ex here? Seeing you as the day you hatched won’t give me much more to see.” Grypha was blushing too hard to reply but she stiffly made her way over to the bathroom. “Okay I got about half an hour to an hour with her in there, Donna can you get us something to give Grypha a boost in the breast department, not just the confidence department?” Asked Alice as she looked at the two friends left in the room. 

Donna nodded and quickly exited the apartment. 

“And what should I do?” Asked Nana. 

“You, Nana, you sit down there and look pretty and maybe wait for me to call you.” Replied Alice as she followed Grypha into the bathroom. 

 

Grypha was standing in the bathroom, her clothes in a pile nearby, her long fluffy feline tail curled around her hips to cover her crotch. What...what is Alice planning for me was the thought that came through her mind shortly before Alice entered the bathroom and closed it behind her. She took a couple paces around Grypha, humming as she did and nodding from time to time. 

“Alright Grypha, you’re gonna take a proper hot shower and take very good care of your hair and then we’re gonna style it so you got potent trans girl energies. Possibly woman loving woman energies. Was that a stunt to cover yourself Grypha or do you legit like girls?.” Asked Alice as she rummaged around for a trimmer. 

“I...I like girls….and only girls….in the romance sense and stuff.” Grypha managed to stutter out while twiddling her thumbs. Alice petted Grypha’s head gently

“Gosh a girl AND a lesbian? And you have feet?” Alice said, grinning and giggling. “I’m sorry for saying that meme, anyways yeah get in the shower, I’m gonna style you into a cool trans lesbian you’ll see girl so go on in!” She continued while gently poking Grypha towards the shower. 

I’ve got such good friends, how did I get so lucky thought Grypha as she began showering. I wonder what style Alice is thinking of for me her thoughts continued. It takes a while to shower when you have to take care of your wings properly. And hair, can’t forget hair. 

 

While Grypha and Alice were in the shower, Nana heard a knock on the door of the apartment and opened it. There, standing in the hall outside was Donna, out of breath as if she just ran a marathon. 

“Why’d you make yourself that tired rushing, Donna?” Asked Nana, as she helped her come in and sit down. “I’ll get you some water.” Said Nana as she approached the kitchen sink and cupboard to nab a glass. 

“Well…” Gasped Donna. “I had to get these girls for our girl here quickly. Hopefully I didn’t overshoot the estimate.” She continued, with ragged breaths. She pulled out a pair of breast forms out of a bag she was carrying, along with a bra to keep them in. “They’re stick on but might as well make sure, you know.” She finished. Nana came over to her and handed her the glass of water, and Donna gulped it down quick. “Oh that hit the spot.”

 

Back in the bathroom, Grypha walked out of the shower and walked over to the dryer. 

“Not quite yet girl, gotta cut your hair while wet you know.” Said Alice as she walked over to Grypha. “Okay, close your eyes, stay still, trust me. You’ll look good.” She continued and Grypha obliged. Grypha could hear the buzzing sound of the hair trimmer and feel it against the left side of her head, a weight being dropped from that side. A couple more moments of buzzing and what followed was the warm air from the dryer on her. “Alright, keep drying yourself off while I check in with the girls, see what they good. Keep those peepers closed!” Alice told Grypha as she exited the bathroom to check on Nana. “Oh, Donna is back, what did you get?” She asked. 

Donna lifted a box and a bra. “Boobs and something to hold them with for our girl.” She said while smiling. Alice grabbed both of the items. 

“Nice! Okay once she dries off I’m bringing her in here and we’ll do a thing where we keep her eyes closed while doing the final prep, okay?” Said Alice, looking to Donna and Nana, who both nodded as Alice went back into the bathroom. 

“I think that should do it Alice I don’t feel wet anymore.” Said Grypha as she put down the dryer, eyes still closed. 

“Good, good. Now keep those peepers closed still, my dear, your fairy godmothers aren’t quite done yet.” Replied Alice as she carefully lead Grypha out of the bathroom into the living room. “Right, begin the dress up.” Alice said to the girls as Grypha stood in the living room. 

Nana walked up to Alice and whispered in her ear “You gave her a side shave?” 

“Yup, I gave her a side shave, I think it will suit her once I comb it through properly.” Replied Alice. 

Within twenty minutes, Grypha was dressed up. Hair combed, eye makeup applied, breast forms stuck on and contained, outfit coordinated. She was not allowed to open her eyes throughout the whole ordeal. Once done, Alice brought her over to a full body mirror that was on Grypha’s wardrobe. 

“Okay Grypha, open your eyes, your felt what we did but I think you’ll lose it when you see yourself.” Said Alice as she gently held Grypha’s shoulder, Nana holding Grypha’s hand and Donna checking out Grypha’s pantry in the meantime. Grypha slowly opened her eyes, looked the reflection in the mirror before her carefully over, and she started crying. Nana immediately gave Grypha a big hug. 

“Are those happy tears or sad tears?” She asked. 

“Happy,” Grypha managed to get out through the sobs “I can’t, I can’t believe that that’s, that that’s me in the mirror. All, all of you made me look, made me look so, so cute, I, I don’t know what to say!!” She sobbed out while looking at her friends. Alice turned Grypha to face her, wiped her tear and gently held her face before stepping back a bit.

“Well I know what to say,” began Alice “you’re an Absolutely STUNNING Lady!” She said right before giving Grypha a forehead kiss. Grypha blushed while bringing her hand up to her face. You could see the life coming to her eyes right afterwards. 

“Thanks Alice, Donna, Nana. I was really worried about coming out and letting you know I was a girl but...this has went so unbelievably amazingly well I’m stunned and thankful for you all.” Grypha said as she went to hug everyone. 

“So, what do you want to do now?” Asked Donna as she started munching on a bag of chips she stole from Grypha’s pantry. 

“...Gay bar?” Asked Nana, looking at the rest of the group. 

“It sounds like a safe place to take a girl out to on her first night out as herself.” Said Alice as the three of them looked at Grypha.

Grypha nodded. 

 

It took all three of the girls holding Grypha to get her out the door, but they managed it. She was shaking nervously but smiling and blushing at the same time. 

“Trust me Grypha, you pass, you might want to consider voice training soon but it’ll be okay at the bar.” Said Alice as they walked down the street. 

“I, I did some limited voice training, trying to be gendered as a girl on voice chat in games.” Grypha said, her voice a bit higher. “It’s not great, I know, but it’s the best I got without a trainer.” She looked to her friends. Nana’s eyes were focused on Grypha with a look of adoration. 

“Why do you have to be so cute???? How’d you manage to hide it from us for so long???” She asked while hugging Grypha. Grypha blushed and hugged Nana back. 

Another ten minutes of walking and they reached the bar. 

“Any idea why they named it Twisters?” Asked Alice. 

“There used to be stripper poles, they removed them to make it more of a dance club.” Answered Donna. “Which kinda bums me out as those are very fun as my datemate would attest.” She added. The four of them went in and found a booth to sit at. 

“Okay, what would you all like? I’ll get drinks from the bar.” Nana said while checking on everyone. 

“Status Quo.” Said Donna

“Burning for you.” Alice said as her choice

“Blessed Rain?” Asked Grypha, unsure of her choice. 

Nana nodded and walked over to the bar, grabbing all four drinks. She had some trouble carrying over Burning for you, but it was on fire, so that would explain it. 

“So, what do you want to do here, just chill and drink?” Asked Nana as she handed out the drinks. 

“I dunno, I think let’s just chill here, see how the night goes, maybe get Grypha a girlfriend for her to take home.” Chuckled Alice, Grypha blushing bright red at the suggestion. 

“Alice don’t tease her you didn’t even finish your drink! Neither did she!” Nana poked Alice teasingly. 

“Blessed Rain is non alcoholic, I am not allowing our girl to get wasted on her first night out as herself, neither should any of you. She deserves to remember the whole night.” Said Alice as she downed the drink without putting out the fire. “Come on Grypha, let’s dance.” Alice grabbed Grypha’s hand as she said this, leading her gently to the dance floor. 

“I’ve never danced before, especially not in a skirt Alice, this is going to be awkward and you know it.” Grypha said bashfully, looking down at her feet as Alice placed her hands on Grypha’s shoulders. 

“I know. You’re gonna look like a dumbass or you’ll feel natural about it and look smoking hot. Either way, cute dorky girl status achieved.” Alice said as she starting swinging her hips in rhythm, Grypha copying her. 

“I really don’t know what to do now, do I have to dance for long?” Asked Grypha, looking towards the booth where Nana and Donna were sitting. 

“Alright, you scaredy-cat, let’s sit back down. Mainly I wanted to see your cute butt shake in that skirt of yours. But I guess goth girls don’t dance that much.” Said Alice as she lead Grypha back to the booth. Grypha sat down and took a breather as Alice walked over to the bar to get herself another drink. 

“I’m not sure what I was expecting from going out as myself but feeling awkward in a public space? I was expecting that.” Grypha said, taking a sip of her drink. A finger tapped her on the shoulder and she looked towards the hand and body to which it was connected. A male wolf was standing above her. 

“Excuse me, miss? Are you trans?” He asked her. Grypha froze up before awkwardly nodding. “Phew, I was hoping to find more of us. Hi, I’m Dale.” He held out his hand for Grypha to shake it.

“Nice to meet you?” Replied Grypha, trying to look away and make herself smaller. Wait, did he say more of us? “You’re trans as well?” She asked him. Dale nodded.

“Yeah, we’re starting a support group in the city and are looking for people to join it if they need it. Here’s my contact info if you wanna come by.” He handed her a small card. “Hope to see you there!” Were his final words as he walked off. Grypha looked at the card and smiled a bit. 

“I guess I can expand my friend group from three awesome girls to three awesome girls and some people like me.” She said while looking at her friends. Nana patted her hair and smiled as well. Grypha knew even more in that moment that she could do it, she could become herself for real, full time.

Thanks for reading and getting through this, if you wish to support me financially you can do so through my patreon, https://www.patreon.com/SynTheGuardian , where I post everything, including exclusive stories and chapters of my longer stories right as I finish writing them, so you don't have to stick to a weekly upload schedule of waiting.

And if you wish to chat, you can follow this link to join the discord server https://discord.gg/VDVMVrc

32