100. Untold
5.3k 23 141
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The crashing waves could be heard from hundreds of meters away. The ocean roared as the waves crashed onto the sea stacks scattered about its territory.

On some shore was a lady with only one leg. She carried the body of a boy with golden hair. The lady was the same person as the one who tried to kill Colt.

Her face was no longer covered, and her clothes were ripped to pieces. She felt her body grow heavier, but she ignored it and dragged the boy with all her might.

She only had one leg remaining, and the sharp pain from it never left.

Her face and body had many cuts and bruises on it. The unforgiving sea almost devoured them, but, in the end, they lived.

'That Butler was a monster.'

The boy with her could only be Julius, and their location was near the Valley of Death.

The crashing waves echoed from afar. The lady fell face flat; her strength had already been sapped away.

She was trying to catch her breath, but it was not looking good. She had lost too much blood, and she used all of her aura, trying to escape from the raging waves with Julius.

She can tell that death was coming to embrace her sooner or later. In Julius' hands was a glowing evergreen leaf. If she takes it, then she would live.

The regenerating factor it possesses was something of a myth. The chance to live was in front of her, but she shook her head.

"Julius…it seems like big sister is going to die here…it seems like we won't be able to have that trip you always asked for."

The lady had no golden hair; neither was she a beastman. She has no blood connection with Julius, but for her, the kid that betrayed the Young Master of the Edgeworth Family would always be her brother.

He was her family.

She will die here for him.

But she regrets nothing.

Death will come.

But it didn't matter.

Recalling the memories of the past, the lady shed tears. Before she met Julus, she was but a street rat about to die.

She scavenged the corpses of the dead and reaped the life of others. She prostituted herself at a very young age to gain a semblance of income.

Her fate was already sealed, but Julius, who saved her. That time, when Julius extended his hands to someone who was stoned almost to death, was the moment when she, Mia, gained her name and another chance in life.

'It's cold... I'm scared.'

Mia closed her eyes; she cried as she was scared. Everyone fears death, and she was no different.

The suffocating feeling of the end enveloped her. The feeling of suffocation enveloped her.

She was afraid to die...but this fate was inevitable.

As his eyes grew dim, Mia tried looking around for Julius' hands. She wanted a companion before dying.

She felt someone grabbed her hand, and she smiled ever so slightly.

"……………..sorry, Julius…….. I'll be going first….use the leaf, to save…our Mother."

She was ready to leave. Her last words were uttered, but from what seemed to be far away, she heard a cry, "No! No! No! Nooo! D-don't, please…don't."

The cry was feeble, but it was heartfelt. There was no one waiting for her in the afterlife, only she will ascend, but at least she knows that the one she cares for was still alive.

But, as Mia was about to lose her consciousness entirely, the cold left her body, and she was enveloped with warmth.

'How warm….'

Under the bright light of the sun, Mia's leg regrew, and her injuries disappeared. The leaf of the World Tree was nowhere to be found, and Julius now carried Mia on his tiny back.

He was a devious bastard who tried to kill his "benefactor" for the sapling of the World Tree. He ignored his orders and acted out of his own desires.

He managed to get a single leaf from that very World Tree, and that might have been enough to save anyone from any ailment, defect, or injury.

But…he lost the World Tree, the last saving grace of this failure, the one leaf he retrieved had now also been officially used up.

Mia slept from exhaustion, and Julius left with her on his back. He walked away, "I'm not so much of scum to let my sister die. Even if I save her due to your sacrifice, our Mother will be saddened and angered at us. So…sister…don't hate me when you wake up."

Julius stated as he disappeared into the nearby woods.

Julius was a treacherous man. But as he continued to walk forward, the view of his back carrying his older sister can be seen as a young man walking away with his back turned against the world...his story remained untold, but his life remained constant.

141