117. Colt Faction
4.8k 7 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Under the glorious moonlight, two people wearing white priestly robes knelt before a campfire on the edge of a precipice.

One of them was a girl around the age of 20, and a young man around 17. Both had white hair and reddened eyes from crying as they held onto a gray shard.

“Dammit! Those bastards got to Senior Olivier! God damn heretics!” the young man’s voice echoed into the distance, “Senior may not have been strong, but his fate was strong!”

The girl’s lips quivered from sadness. She choked and failed to utter anything. She placed the shard on her hand close to her forehead, “May you reach peace and salvation, oh, dear senior.”

The lady knocked her head on the ground as she grieved the death of a companion. The boy did the same.

The two cried and grieved. Then, they lifted their heads. Determination filled their eyes.

“We must cleanse them and save the people. They, who protect evil, must be destroyed. They must crumble to save this world.” The young man stated.

The lady nodded her head in agreement, “This Continent of Evil must be cleansed.”

***

At around 11:00 pm, Colt was training his sword with King, who watched him with interest and Fluff sleeping without a care. The fat cat had become lazier the more it stayed with the Edgeworhts.

‘Is the innate laziness here amplifying its desires? And it got even flabbier.’ Fluff had turned into a lazy, flabby cat, and what’s worst for him was that it was loved more than ever, so he failed to say anything.

Filla and Lyra especially spoiled the lazy cat.

King was supposed to be the lucky winner, but it got irritated, and because it hadn’t done anything wrong except for judging him, Colt was without any reason to take it with him against its will.

So, Colt had to make do with Fluff, but King, who got woke up against its will, followed them after an hour. They were now in a situation where the one he brought to help him slept, and the other watched with intensity.

Swoosh!

Colt swung his sword, and then, he felt a sliver of killing intent from behind.

Without hesitation, he twisted his waist and quickly went for the kill. His sword was covered with a black aura, deafening its movement. With his body imbued with the attribute of water, his joints and muscles obeyed his every command.

However, the sword swing was never realized. He didn’t stop it, but Neun used two fingers and caught his sword.

“So, it was you, teacher?” Colt sighed in relief.

“Not bad, you’re less hesitant in reacting to such intent. Before, you would have hesitated, but, right now, you’re ready to kill anyone and anything that may bare its fangs.” Neun praised, “But, you still need to differentiate people from their aura and presence. It will be troublesome if you go to war where killing intent is all over the place.”

In a war, everyone carries killing intent. If someone with the inability to differentiate who’s who, then it would become a problem.

Colt reacted with an “oh” he had not thought of that before because, in every novel, every MC just seemed to know everyone’s presence.

‘That makes sense.’ Colt agreed to Neun’s sentiment.

“I’ll tell you later how to do it. But, that’s now what I’m here for, Young Master.” Neun lowered Colt’s sword and became severe.

Colt, too, sensed the change in atmosphere.

“Young Master, I heard you’re going to the capital again?”

“Yes, that’s right. The King…”

“Yes?” The little Chick turned its head as it heard its name.

“Not you… that’s going to get annoying, so we’re going to talk later about your name.”

“No.”

“Yes, or else I’ll let Fluff eat you.”

The Chick sulked as its name got stripped out of it at the last second. But it couldn’t say anything against Colt because this human was the only one stopping Fluff from eating it, ‘Dammit…’ the Chick inwardly cursed.

“Anyway, the King asked for a representative to receive some form of reward, and I was the one who got the short end of the stick.”

Everywhere in the Continent, only a few would find meeting the King of a Kingdom as unlucky. Most of the time, they would be the Major Families, but it was not supposed to be an ordinary Noble Family like theirs.

But that was just how it went.

Neun nodded his head, “Well, you can’t go against it, as it is the order of the King. But, before you head over there, I think I should inform you about what the other Nobles call, the Colt Faction.”

Colt winced at the name, “Colt Faction?” he did not like the name at all.

“Please, don’t take this as a joke, Young Master. This is bigger than you might think.”

“Okay, okay, so what does this have anything to do with me going there? Will they try and assassinate me? If that’s the case, then I’ll risk my plan with the Ships and have you come to the Capital with me.”

The Ships he talked of were the three they seized from the Eastern people. Neun shook his head, however.

“No, the Nobles are not trying to assassinate you just yet. After all, no one knows about your intentions, and they can’t risk angering those behind you. They do not know if you’re going to become a thorn, but according to Butler Go, they are still observing you from the side. But if they prove you to be trouble, then assassination might not be the only problem you would face.”

“Teacher, can you please get to the point because you have not established any reason why they would want to look at me. Also, the significance of this Colt Faction is not showing.”

Neun sighed. Of course, Colt wouldn’t understand. He doesn’t even have any interest in politics. From what Neun had seen, Colt was more interested in living his life and protecting his family.

He was ambitious in gaining power, but from what Neun can make out from Colt’s previous decisions and actions, he came to the conclusion that Colt’s foresight was simply too broad for anyone to understand, ‘He started producing medicine as soon as signs appeared, he took care of unnecessary troubles like the Genesis Family through unknown ways and even unearthed new blossoming talents like Avern and Apothecary Jin. The Young Master cares more about life than anything else…his interest in politics is about the same as the Count’s interest in working, none.’

This made Neun nod his head in appreciation.

Colt does not hunger for political power. He even showed interest in giving Risa the position of Count, and that’s something Neun respected and liked about this disciple of his. But the Nobles did not know that.

“They think you want to become King.”

142