139. No Context
3.7k 10 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'With this, I have managed to stop the possibility of war…well, there's the Princess; hopefully, she doesn't do anything stupid—my Bitdar did not go off when I met her eyes, so I just hope she's not some maniac.'

Colt hoped for the best. He closed his eyes, and under the symphony that was the Chick's cries for help, Colt fell asleep.

It was already passed midnight, and Colt had not trained a single swing that night, but thanks to the Golden Mark, his body began to tremble.

His muscles reacted to a creeping roar of a beast lurking within the pearl he earned. Colt's mind buzzed he was being attacked, and soon enough, he found himself in a world of darkness.

"Where am I?" He asked, curious about the situation.

He looked around but found nothing, and when a flickering golden light appeared, he was kicked out of the room and returned to sleep.

However, inside his mind, where even his subconscious could not enter, there appeared a Dragon that radiated a brilliant golden light.

The Gold Dragon had its head lowered in subservience before two beings of purple and white—it was Fluff and the Chick.

"It had been long since I met the Progenitors." It was a greeting that had not been uttered for so long.

"Peh, you can still call us that after what you did?" the Chick cursed and walked away, fuming. It didn't leave. However, it just sat a couple of meters away without so much as saying a word; the Gold Dragon smiled in delight.

The Gold Dragon then looked at Fluff, it bowed, "I am sorry for what I have done. The Goddesses may have asked me to do this, I was the one who pushed the idea…please do not hate your parents, my Lord, and my Sovereign, they tried their best to save all of you."

Fluff looked at the Golden Dragon and yawned in boredom, "Don't worry, I do not resent or hate them…they are my parents, after all. What happened in the past stays in the past… our Mothers did not wrong…I hate the blue shit more than I hate anyone really… I'll take a bite with that little shit when I meet her."

"Oh? Is the Lord still angered after having been beaten by the Monarch…?"

"HUH!??? Who said I was beaten!? I was not fucking beaten by that shit, I… was simply groggy and…we were in the water, okay? I was at an awfully disadvantageous position—don't you dare look at me like that, you Gold shit."

The Gold Dragon stared at this flabby cat with a strange expression, it then smilingly said, "I did not expect the Lord to have changed so much."

"Being sealed makes you think a lot. Well, there was also finding a good friend…hehe, I don't want to think about what I would have become if I accepted someone else."

"Is my new bearer your Partner perhaps, my Lord? Is he some kind of Hero of this Era, perhaps?"

"Oh, hell, no, this guy is stupid and kind as he is smart…"

The Gold Dragon drew blank at Fluff's words, "…I don't quite get you, my Lord. Do you mean to say he's no good?"

"Yes, he's weak, he's temperamental and has a plethora of problems that branches to collect even more problems…meaning, he's a delightful lad. I accepted him because I felt a sliver of Divine aura lingering in his body, but I am still glad that I did."

"But you do like his company, do you not, my Lord?"

"I would not ask for a better bastard." Fluff answered with a wide smile.

"Then I am delighted that you managed to have such good luck." The Gold Dragon's body then began turning to smoke, "My time is up."

Fluff showed a soft smile as he asked, "Is this the last time I get to meet you?"

"Yes, my Lord. This is the last sliver of my will, our battle millennia ago already sapped away what remained of my strength…might I ask for one last request—"

"You can say it… I'll at least let you say it as a form of goodbye." Fluff warmly said.

The Golden Dragon's figure slowly dissipated to a cloud of smoke, it was assimilating into Colt's body, and as it was just about to fully dissipate, it uttered its final words, "Thank you for creating me, Fathers, please…let Mother know I was satisfied with my life."

Fluff stared at the smoke that used to be the Gold Dragon for some time. It then turned around and walked over to the Chick.

Fluff sat by its side as it said, "Did you walk away because you didn't want him to see you crying?"

"I… I'm not crying…I'm angry!"

The Chick said as tears uncontrollably fell.

Yes, this chapter is indeed like this, without much context...it is short because I wanted to keep the atmosphere of the story sad. I hope you like this chapter

114