Chapter 1: I’m Just Growing Up Normally, Nothing Wrong Here.
5.2k 27 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I awoke to the presumed morning.

It honestly wasn't much warmer, from what I could feel with 'Sense.' But it's certainly morning, because I awoke.

So let me stretch a bit...!

Hg--!

--It's something I've mastered since billions--no--quadrillions--of years ago.

The art of in-place stretching...

Obviously I could stretch, within the limits of this eggshell. There's no denying that.

--

I felt much stronger than before.

Maybe I could leave this egg soon. And take a whiff of the... isekai atmosphere.

So I checked my status panel, to see if anything changed.


[Newborn Light Prism Dragon] - [Level 1] - [Age: 3 Days] - [Rating: A+]

[Health: 1500/1500] [Mana: 7498/7500]

[STR: 1674] [INT: 3853] [DEF: 1528] [SPD: 1543] [DEX: 1553] [LUCK: 200]

[Abilities]:

[Refraction Lv1] [Sense Lv4] [Dragon's Breath Lv1] [Dragon Scales Lv1] [Flight Lv1] [Object Appraisal Lv1] [Identification Lv1] [Mana Recovery Lv2] [Humanification]

[Extra Abilities]:

['A Bit of God's Power'] [Perfect Language Comprehension] [Immortality (on)]

[Skills]:

[Dragon Claw Arts Lv1] [Contact God] [Magic Manipulation Lv1]

[Titles]:

[Reincarnator] [Alpha Tester] [God's Personal Monster Exterminator]


Hoh... I'm fucking amazing. I slept for 2 days straight.

That aside--my stats BARELY raised. There really is no difference you could see. Between 50 and 1600--? Some would say there's a difference. But anyone sensible could tell--there really isn't. There really isn't any difference between 50 and 1600. 

--

Not surprising that a Level 1 baby dragon would be at this level of strength.

I may just be growing faster than any other, mere, average dragon. A winged lizard unlike any other... Seggie's fault? Maybe. But I'd say--it was all my own work. Can't just hand all the credit to Seggie, when I worked so hard to survive in the harsh conditions of an egg.

So I had a thought.

Maybe I'll get bored soon enough. All I could recall from my earlier research period was; this world was flat. Definitely important, but it's just one thing...

I'll try breaking through. I'd like to get as OP as possible within the first weeks of my life...

--

...A stream of light came softly through--marking a crack of the shell.

--

Then another hit--

--and I was there.

The World.

It revealed itself to me...

...

I inhaled a dose of fresh air, through my fragile reptilian nostrils.

Now, currently, I'm just a tiny little dragon in the middle of a forest. From the world info thing, I could tell that this forest is simply filled with magic energy and beasts, or simply, you could call them monsters (EXP).

My first goal is gauge my own level of power, since I know its rather strong, and is beyond generic as a unique ability. Hmm...

While 'Sense' was generally shit--when it came to hunting--and only went up to 4 meters from my body; I'll just keep it active for the rest of my long life. It did consume MP, but I had 'MP Recovery' to offset that--and would be nice to have something level up while I'm doing whatever.

I went on to have a look at my next few skills.

I decided to experiment on my [Dragon's Breath] ability. I noticed that my INT and Mana are much higher than my other stats, so I'm probably more of a magic-user. A mage of sorts.

Based on what I've read from its skill details--Dragon's Breath's MP consumption decreases as its skill level increases. The power of the shot depended on my INT, and how much MP I'd put into it.

Now, since I want to experiment on the forest with my breath, I charged up... uhm... about 1000 points of MP into my throat. As I did this I took a deep inhalation. I sharply exhaled and released all of the collected energy as a beam of light that was about double the size of my head. It went beaming, throughout the forest and seemed to disperse, after going a half a kilometer.

--

[[Annihilated: [3][Orcs (Lv.35-36)], [21][Forest Wolves (Lv.13-19)]. EXP Absorbed.]]

[[Leveled Up: 1 -> 16]]

--

Barely a seventh of my MP and I'm already level 16. I felt myself grow slightly larger too. Since I leveled up, my stats grew and they were now about double my level 1 amount, and my [Dragon's Breath] leveled up to 2 as well. Now that I had more MP to use, I could level up... more efficiently.

Hehehe...

I laughed in Italian as I thought of the few ways to increase the efficiency of my level ups.

...

According to the self-growing map, I was in a forest that would probably be ranked C, so everything here is basically my food to level up with. Nice of Seggie to drop me in such a convenient Beginner Forest.

As I finished my own plans, I tested something out, which did work to some extent.

I could control the power and size of the light beam that comes out of my mouth. The range was then an issue. I could shorten it--but it didn't go any further than 500 meters. Maybe that'll change once I level up a bit more. I could make a smaller, compressed shot--that most likely beheld a lot more power than a simple unfocused attack.

While the plot may have been generic--talking to the Motherfucking Creation God, and being dropped into a wonderful isekai world--I'd derive a bit from the usual. There's no saving a carriage and famous merchant that I'll find in a sticky situation. Probably.

For now--

--I should first and foremost wipe out every living thing in this forest. Just following the terms of Seggie's commission. Just gotta clean up a few mobs... huhu...

Seeing from how easily my first breath beam cut through everything, I decided to shoot out a longer and wider attack, but with less power, since it would--from what I see--enough to kill anything in the forest anyway.

'Identification' really only showed the average levels of whatever lived in this forest. They were much higher than mine, of course. But they were the beginner species. Goblins and orcs. Easy kills. Not even a grind, with my wide range attacks.

As every magic training arc goes on about imagination and other relevant things, I imagined an attack that was wide and long-ranged, with reduced power. Like the first time, I gathered MP into my throat and released it, creating a huge beam that destroyed nearly everything in its path.

The light dimmed and the area around me eventually cooled down. In front of me, was the section of the forest I destroyed with nothing but a single breath. Clearly. I was an Overpowered Protagonist.

--

[[Annihilated: [38][Orcs (Lv31-40)], [25][Hobgoblins (Lv25-36)], and [69][Forest Wolves (Lv13-23)]. EXP Absorbed.]]

[[Leveled Up: 16 -> 45]]

--

Mhm... mhm. Thank you for the EXP.

I put my hands together in respect...

Pretty fun way of leveling up. Level 45 in just half an hour after hatching. By the end of this week, I should be above level 150.

--

'Status...'

--


[Young Light Prism Dragon] - [Level 45] - [Age: 3 Days] - [Rating: S+]

[Health: 12500/12500] [Mana: 67544/87600]

[STR: 19734] [INT: 57324] [DEF: 15282] [SPD: 19323] [DEX: 17320] [LUCK: 500]

[Abilities]:

[Refraction Lv1] [Sense Lv5] [Dragon's Breath Lv3] [Dragon Scales Lv1] [Flight Lv1] [Object Appraisal Lv1] [Identification Lv1] [Mana Recovery Lv3] [Humanification]

[Extra Abilities]:

['A Bit of God's Power'] [Perfect Language Comprehension] [Immortality (on)]

[Skills]:

[Dragon Claw Arts Lv1] [Contact God] [Magic Manipulation Lv3]

[Titles]:

[Reincarnator] [Alpha Tester] [God's Personal Monster Exterminator]


--

All of my status values other than luck were above ten thousand, which was a good sign. Maybe... Just maybe. I'm getting a tiny bit stronger.

Onto details about my Abilities: [Refraction] seemed to be a unique skill. I wasn't sure whether it was the RPG 'unique' or the actual 'unique.'

It's a simple skill that allows me to 'refract' magic like how a prism would refract light. I knew nothing about what Seggie's done about game balancing. But it's low leveled. It probably could only barely affect kiddie magic pranks. I'll keep it passively active to train it passively, like Sense.

'Humanification' only ever made me transform into a human baby.

Of course. I did take the chance to mess around a bit.

First thing I did was test my STR stat on a tree. Just one flick of my pudgy baby fingers.

--

An air pressure blast.

Than an intense crash.

Clearly. This was an anime world.

--

But at this point--dragon form was a lot more convenient. My human form looked very slightly larger when my level raised (Comparing 16 and 45). This was, of course, based off the many trillions of calculations I made within a single second. So I'd assume--I'll have to be a few hundred levels higher to have a more grown-up looking human form. At least Loli level. Definitely Loli. I guess that's something I could possibly look forward to...

For now, I should waste a bit more time on levels.

--

I blasted another few beams, which led to most of the forest disappearing from sight...

--

Dust was scattered through the air--as large trails of burnt wood and eroded dirt detailed the ground throughout.

--

Eventually--the level up notifications stopped coming in like orders for bathwater... Then a final notification showed itself...

[[Leveled Up. 74 -> 78]]

--

Like in a typical game, level-up requirements undergo a character development for the worst. Now that I was at a higher level than those mere goblins and orcs... I'd just be endangering populations within 500 meters of me.

So now that it's come to this...

...

I'm not a newborn 3 month old child anymore

129