Chapter 36: Off to See the Wizard
872 1 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group was all here again, with all their travel gear packed and a specific route to take to reach the Quiver Cliffs as fast as possible. They could take a warp pipe as far as the western edge of Goomba Village, but from there it would take a while to get through the Sugar Loaf Mountain and then further skirting the northern border of Dark Land itself. That was sure to be dangerous.

“If we have time, I’d love to stop by World 4 and see the Giant Land King,” Peach said. “I haven’t met him in a very long time.”

“No time for that,” Mario said.

“He’s right,” Bowsette said. “Right now my kids are fighting for their lives trying to keep Morton Koopa from taking an iron grip over the kingdom. We’ve wasted enough time already.”

Bowsette should have done all this on her own, anyway. It was stupid of her to rely on all these people that she had fought as enemies just a few months prior, and for many years before that. Mario Mario, Luigi Mario, Peach Toadstool, Toad and Toadette, Goombella... Okay she didn’t know Goombella very well at all, but she was very smart and cute, and had apparently been a loyal subject of Lava World for many years. So, she kinda like her. The rest, though, were her sworn enemies! She couldn’t believe they were actually helping, because she knew she wouldn’t have been able to do the same if the tables were turned in her favor.

Peach looked at her with a questioning glance. Yeah, yeah, Bowsette was a moody jerk, we all knew that already, okay, you can stop looking now. Geez.

...She... was pretty thankful for the help, okay? Not that she would ever SAY that.

“We will begin our journey, as always, through World 1-1,” Peach told all of them. “We’ll say hello to the families there, and then we’ll go into the World 1-2 sewers to take the Warp Pipes as far West as we can go.”

“This is fun! I’m ready for adventure!” Goombella shouted.

Captain Toad grinned at her and saluted. “If you’re looking for adventure, then you’ve travelled with the right Toad! Let’s go!”

Toadette glared at Toad.

Okay, it was time for the adventure to begin. Bowsette included, in this very weird, very different situation. She was not ready for it at all, but... she really did want to get her powers back, so... “Let’s do this,” she said.

40