Chapter 52: Pick-Up
502 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a blockage in the road somewhere around the Mushroom Bridge. Technically it would be the type that would be beneficial; there were a ton of mushrooms lying on the ground, and if the Royale barreled through them it'd go into superspeed for several moments and save them a ton of time.

But there was also an overturned pick-up truck with some Shy Guys sitting by the side that really looked like they needed help. Bowsette only had a Bowser Phone and Cellular shopper so she wasn't good for actually contacting anyone of any worth, but Peach probably had something... So the three of them pulled over and got out of the car.

Peach squatted down to eye-level and smiled. "Hiya," she said. "Do you guys need any help?"

The Shy Guys looked at her and then kept chattering among themselves, like they didn't understand her language or something.

"Actions speak louder than words," Bowsette told Peach. She went over to the pick-up truck and exerted all her strength to turn it over back on its wheels. There.

She clapped her hands together and then put them on her hips to celebrate a great victory. "You're welcome, free of charge, here you go. Shy Guy Bazaar is six exits up ahead."

The Shy Guys turned and clapped to her.

"See Peach, sometimes diplomacy and words can't help, but a good demonstration can."

"I see," Peach said. "But you may have overlooked one thing."

"What's that?"

"The Snifit over there pointing at us."

Actually, there were seven Snifits, and the Shy Guys soon drew slingshots of their own, surrounding the three. Toadette fainted almost immediately.

"Hand over the princess or this gets ugly," the head Snifit, wearing a green suit, said.

"Do you have any idea who we are?" Bowsette asked.

"Yeah, Princess Toadstool and, uh, party of two..." the Snifit took out a piece of paper to read it. "The instructions were... very clear..."

Bowsette grinned. She walked up to the Snifit and grabbed them by the collar, then sprouted wings and flew twenty feet into the air. "Seeya around." She tossed the Snifit so far they went past the curvature of the Earth, never to be seen again.

She came back down to the ground, let out a weak roar, and the other Shy Guys went scurrying away.

"We have actual highway bandits on our tails now? Or, uh, my tail and you guys's butts?" Bowsette asked. "That's the worst."

"No, THAT'S the worst," Peach said as some Bandits hopped in the Royale and took off.

Great. Now they were stranded.

Peach rolled her eyes and said, "So much for-"

"I know. I get it."

"-for showing a demonstration."

"I KNOW."

29