Chapter 79: Interlude for a Ghost
334 4 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

King Boo didn’t love Luigi.

Luigi didn’t love him.

Even still... It was an interesting thing they had going with one another. Luigi had come down to the guest house to visit almost every day this week after training, and they had gotten to know each other a whole lot better in that time. They had done a whole lot together, but most of all they had had some good conversations.

“I just wish ghosts didn’t spook people so much,” Luigi had said.

“But... spooking is in our nature,” King Boo said. “It’s what we do! Yuck yuck yuck.”

Today, though, King Boo felt like mixing things up. Yes, the Toadstools had promised of King Boo that he would receive a Super Crown for his service in the battle against Morton Koopa, after the battle was done and everything returned to normal.

But...

But.

King Boo was a crafty little bastard. Using the extremely well-known fact that Boos can phase through walls, He just... kinda... entered the Royal Treasury and took one for himself.

So once Luigi arrived after training and entered King Boo’s quarters, King Boo had a lot to laugh about.

“Well, this’ll be the last time we can, uh, meet up before I go to space,” Luigi said.

“Gotta make it count, then,” said King Boo with a wink.

“So, uh, today, I thought we might play... a board game!” Luigi said. “It’s called Card Party. You use tokens to move around a board, but the board is made up of a bunch of random cards, so you never know what the layout will be. And you pick up stars and gain coins and stuff, but it’s really fast paced and... Uh, King Boo, are you... listening?”

“I’m sorry, Luigi,” King Boo said. “I have something better in mind for today.”

“...Again?”

“No, something new. Look at... THIS!” King Boo held up the Super Crown, glittering around in the palm of his translucent hand.

“A S-s-s-super Crown?! Where did you get that?”

“Stole it.”

“Oh, King Boo...”

“Hey, I was gonna get one anyway, yuck yuck yuck yuck! I just want to try it on and see... if it’s a good fit!”

“You mean like... with Bowsette?”

“Ha, no! I mean I just wanna look sexy is all!”

Luigi didn’t rebuke that curiosity.

“Well, here it goes,” King Boo said. He flicked his current crown away and it disappeared in a poof. He placed the Super Crown atop it, and there was a glowing light. Boo’s body shifted, gained material form, and then.... Kaboom.

Princess Booette was born.

She was a ghastly mix of black and white, He eyes were bright red irises surrounded by pitch-black sclera, and her tongue was still so long it stuck out of her mouth. Her hair, white and thing, went down all the way to her waist. And while her figure was daintier than she was hoping considering Bowsette’s extremely nice figures, she appreciated the long sleeves of her dress going so far down they covered up her hands from view.

Luigi was frozen solid by this transformation. Practically a ghost already.

“Huh, I’m a girl now,” said Princess Booette. “Well, I guess that solves all the qualms we’ve had about... certain issues, huh?”

“But... King Boo, you’re not... ACTUALLY a girl... right?”

“Rude!” Booette chided. “You might be right. Or maye... It’s a bit easier than it seems. Maybe when I’m like this, I’m... a happy go lucky little princess...” She gave a lick to Luigi’s cheek that gave a shock to his system. “...And maybe when I’m like this--” She pulled off the Super Crown and transformed back into King Boo. “--I’m the the King I always was. I can be either or, whatever I feel like. Kinda convenient, isn’t it?”

“Well, uh, what do you feel like now?” Luigi asked.

“Whatever you want me to feel like.” King Boo licked Luigi again.

As Princess Booette reemerged, Luigi muttered, “I can’t believe I’m in love with a ghost.”

It wasn’t true, though. This wasn’t love. It was just a good time. That’s what she told herself, at least.

22