Chapter 84: The March to Dark Land
359 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Grand Unity Army was the official name that the six present Great Generals had decided on, and that Lordess Bowsette, Ultra Commander of Unified Forces, Leader of a Thousand Souls, had accepted.

It was a group of countless species, groups from all over the planet Earth that had converged together with one singular set of goals in mind: protect the world from devastation, to unite all peoples within all nations. To pronounce the goods of truth and love, and to extend their reach to the stars above.

And at this moment, they marched westward out of what was once the Mushroom Kingdom, through the wilderness and small states in the buffer before they entered Dark World itself.

Whomp King’s Fortress floated above as they marched through. Simply floating on there would have been a more effective strategy... if they wanted to be destroyed all at once. In fact, this time, the fortress was nothing more than a decoy. With no airship armada to back them up, the fortress was all they had to protect them against an all-out aerial assault. And Whomp King, Brighton bless his soul, was going to make a grand final stand in this endeavor, even if it cost him his life. It was his idea.

A few tanks and other machine vehicles strolled alongside the main force, along with the robots that accompanied them. They were part of Dr. Crygor’s reanimated Smithy Gang bots, brought back to life through means unknown and compelled to fight with the Grand Unity Army as the frontline cannon fodder. Surely all of them would be destroyed, but they would serve the purpose of tiring their enemy out before the real warriors attacked.

Dr. Crygor himself was outfitted with a mechanical body of his own design that stood ten feet tall and had really large fists. His granddaughter, whose name Bowsette STILL never quite caught, was sitting and reading a lewd romance novel on a slow-moving hovering chair. That was going to be utterly useless in combat, that was for sure.

Bowsette looked over to the other side of the main force marching, where King Boo and his legion of ghosts floated around, creepy smiles on all their faces. If that King Boo messed around in this fight, especially with the Super Crown, she was going to be furious. But... he was a veteran of the first revolution. He already knew how this went and she mostly trusted him to do the right thing.

Who Bowsette knew almost nothing about was Flutter. She was a dojo master and led about fifty students, making up nearly thirty-five different species of all shapes and sizes. She seemed calm and collected, but was she really ready to wage a war? She... certainly hoped so.

And then there was Boom Boom, walking alongside Pom Pom and their many Koopa acolytes. She was glad he came back, and even more glad that he seemed to have patched things up with his girlfriend. Being able to count on your best bud was... really heartening. It was one of the biggest confidence boosters out there.

Of course, then there was Peach. Out of everyone here, she had worked the very hardest to be here. She didn’t think she was ready to fight in a full-fledged war. She wasn’t. But after all that time spent working and training and practicing, she was just as much a General as anyone else. And totally had really good abs now, which was a huge plus for Bowsette.

Peach’s personal army, the Knights of the Toadstool, had also been training for these months and were ready for real combat for the first time. They were the most serious of the bunch, having never been tested in a real life-and-death situation while most everyone else had been in numerous battles. Each of the knight carried a sword, as well as a Hammer Suit to gain Hammer Bros. powers if they desperately needed an out during the battles. It was... their main surplus power-up in the armory was why.

When they reached Dark Land, they would soon converge with the final remnant of their forces, led by the Koopalings and Bowsette’s son Iggy. Information about that army’s size and strength was completely unknown but Bowsette trusted that they would be powerful and steadfast. They were being led by royals, after all

Bowsette herself was tense but braced for the oncoming battle. Her biological father was going to be utterly destroyed, and she wouldn’t stop even if she were killed in the process. She would simply get up and keep going. It was that important that they stop Morton from resurrecting a Dread Lord. All she had on her were a few Power Stars, her weapon, and the power to summon the Bone Dragon if need be. She decided to take nothing else with her, to clear her mind for the battle ahead. Besides, her powers had already far exceeded any simple power-up.

If fighting and liberating and conquering Dark Land had previously been the most important moment in Bowsette Toadstool’s life, this had usurped it in position by now. Her entire life had been leading up to this point.

And with the Grand Unity Army and her generals to help her, she was determined to see this through.

21