Chapter 97: That Was That
290 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With all of Bowsette’s willpower, she tapped into her own blood, sensing every single vein, every pulse of her heart, and let it bubble inside of her. If Morton Koopa wanted to turn her into a dragon that would destroy the Earth, then she would do the exact inverse of that. She would become the dragon that would protect the Earth.

Bowsette shrunk down from a thirty-story mega-monster back down to the human shape she had once attained. Now she was just a miniature monster and looked phenomenally stupid like this.

The Super Crown had shattered, but it had done so at precisely the right moment for that beam to hit. She could still feel its magic inside of her. It was like she could now shapeshift at will, or at least at this exact moment. She wasn't going to let herself live as something she hated, so... she transformed again.

She let her features shift around her, focusing not on one particular image of what she wanted to look like, but the feeling inside of her as her body warped and twisted. She wanted to feel warm, to feel like the woman she really was.

And it worked.

She was no longer able to attain a half-human form, but that didn’t matter. Because as she solidified herself, she became exactly what she felt like she was missing in all her life. Her tail, her shell, her wings, her honrs, they were all here at appropriate lengths. Her claws sharpened, and she felt scales hardening across her body. The flames in her veins coursed through every pore and steamed out of her body, sending up smoke around her.

This was it. A Koopa body, in the shape of a human’s. One she was satisfied with. One that felt right... felt natural.

She was no longer a Koopa inside a human shell. She was no longer enhanced by a power-up. She was her own power-up. A hybrid of the two forms that made her the most powerful, the most proud she could ever be.

Bowsette smiled.

The entire scene around her was silent, as if these past few moments had been a complete shock to everyone here. It shouldn’t have been; Bowsette was too strong to let some stupid magic destroy her.

She pointed with a fierce finger towards the pile of bones known as Morton Koopa. “You got it all wrong,” she said. “You thought that my life, the lives of your family were yours to control. Just because we have the same blood does not mean we have the same lives. I am not your experimental subject. I am a woman and I am stronger than anything you can ever throw at me.”

“H...How? What did you...” Morton was completely at a loss for words to retort.

Without any further hesitation, Peach ran to Bowsette’s side and grabbed her hand. She really didn’t need to do that with how injured she was, but... it was highly appreciated.

“Morton Koopa, I am going to destroy you and take back the throne of Dark Land,” Bowsette said. “Any last words before you crumble into dust?”

“I... What?!”

“Guess not, then.” Bowsette lifted a hand and her Chomp Shell rose from the ground somewhere in the Throne Room and levitated into her hand. “It’s time to unleash the Glory of Bowsette.”

18