Chapter 6
852 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max knew she was dead, but he did not feel a sense of loss or grief come over him. Was he now heartless and cold since becoming a dungeon core? No, that couldn't be it. He had felt unbridled fury to those fuckers that just dumped her off here, after parading her poor form through the streets on the way over here. Knowing he could do nothing more, he turned his attention to the new screen that popped up.

Attention!

New Unique Race bound

  • New summoning option unlocked
  • Skill points earned
  • New menus available

That message made him immediately turn over to his status screen. There, he saw that he had five stat points available to be spent. As he selected the floating points, the five stats that could be upgraded were highlighted. For now, he was fine on charisma and luck, as those both had more than a single point. But how did these points work? What did they affect? Going one at a time, he invested a single point into endurance, intelligence, and wisdom. After putting in a point, he would go over his entire status to see what changed, if anything.

Upon placing a point into endurance, he noticed that his max health doubled, as did his health regen. His current health stayed the same, showing that he needed to actually generate those points before they counted as available. That meant that they could not be saved up and used in a life-threatening scenario to magically regenerate his life from nothing. Still, doubling his max health would undoubtedly be a good thing, making him more durable, as well as helping him heal in half the time. Right now, it would only take him fifteen minutes to gain those three new points. Not a terrible investment, but not something he saw as immediately necessary. He didn't notice anything else, so he moved on to the next stat. Throwing a point into intelligence, he saw an increase in his mana capacity. Just like with the health, it did not immediately fill, but that was not too surprising. What was interesting was that his mana regen remained unaffected. Wondering if it fell under another stat, he quickly put his third point into wisdom. Immediately he saw his mana regen double. Nothing else changed, so he could assume that those were what the stats did. He split his last two points into wisdom and intelligence, as those he had quite a bit of use for.

Name

Max

Race

Dungeon Core

Strength

N/A

Health

3/6

Dexterity

N/A

Mana

0/30

Endurance

2

Core size

5 mm

Intelligence

3

Bound Creatures

1

Wisdom

3

Area of Influence

4.02 M

Charisma

10

Rank

1

Luck

5

Dungeon Points

0

Mana/min

0.3

Health/min

0.2

Taking a look over his status, he was happy with the way it was starting to grow. It still had a way to go before he could do too much, but it was better than nothing. As for the next thing on his to-do list, he started going through the list he had set for himself to check for new menus. After all, he had to wait for his mana to recharge to do anything else, might as well try and figure out what those new menus were.

About half-an-hour into his list of possible new menus, something he did not expect happened. The woman's corpse, which had not been moved or interacted with in the slightest, all the sudden dissolved into particles. All of which flew straight into him, scaring him that something was happening. However, no matter how much he inspected himself or his status, Max found nothing had changed. He felt no different, but the sight was something else.

His pondering was answered when he found the first menu after another thirty minutes. Upon achieving that success, he realized that he had been going about it wrong. After all, he had hints to what the menus could have been in the original message. This one came up under 'bonds' after all.

Name

Race

Profession

Status

Savia

Wolf-kin (Female)

Slave

Dead (11hr Remaining)

This revealed a few things, chief among them that the woman was not only not human, but her name was Savia. Quite a wonderful name, Max thought. However, the whole screen was filled with new info, some of which he could not understand. First off, he had not remembered her body having anything that defined it as not human. Had that count chopped them off? Or were they not there to begin with? That, and apparently slavery was a thing here. With all the info he had so far, it was seeming more and more like a medieval-style world. The outfits of the men, the fact that there was a count who was in power, and that slavery seemed to be prevalent. The part that stuck out the most was her status. She was stated as dead, but why was there a timer? There was no way to interact with it, so he just had to wait and see what would happen when that timer hit zero. That, and maybe have some mana standing by, ready to go.

Narrowing his options after his last success, he managed to find one more menu. As chances would have it, it was the second-to-last one on his narrowed down list. It was also one of the few he tried that were multiple words, which was 'summon creature'.

Race

DP Cost

Wolf-kin (Female)

150

This one was small, and straight to the point, but was still shrouded in ambiguity. First off, there was the fact that it cost DP. He still had none and no idea on how to get more. Was that a high number or a low number? Would it be easy or hard to acquire? Tying that in with the previous screen, did it mean that he would need to get the hundred-and-fifty DP before he could bring back Savia? If so, that would be an issue. His lack of info was starting to cause more and more problems. Also, he could only summon females. Would they all look like her? Or was there a randomizer in effect. Knowing there was no way to know until he tried it, Max did his best to put it off to the side. Oh, how he wished that there was a note screen so he could write down all of his questions. Thus, he continued along with his usual routine, waiting for that timer to hit zero.

19