Chapter 9
1.2k 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone, I meant to post more and could make some excuses like I needed to solve some math things, or needed to storyboard. Realistically, I just felt in a slump this week and was not really feeling like writing that much. Art will still be a bit, as I was overzealous in my timeline that I made without consulting the artist at all, but I am excited by the sketches I am getting. Hope you all enjoy the chapter and I will see you in the next one!

Now that he had the coins sitting there, he could finally test out the latter half of his skills that he had been both unable and unwilling to try. Sure, he could have tried absorbing one of the boards that made up the shack, but there were a number of worries there. It could have just fallen over, he may not have been able to put it back in place, and if anyone was watching it would stand out as weird if a part of a building disappeared. Now was an even worse time to try it, as it was Savia's only way to get shelter from the elements. As for the dirt that now covered him, he already tried and failed months ago. Apparently, it did not have enough worth to be used on, at least according to the pop-up he got that told him his action wouldn't work.

Attention!

Target has insufficient worth!

Now that he had something that was guaranteed to have worth, he now had the capability to finally have it succeed. Selecting one of the copper coins, he focused on absorbing the coin itself. As he saw the coin vanish from his sight in a shimmer of light, a new pop-up appeared in his vision.

Attention!

New Item absorbed!

  • Gained DP
  • New Item Available
  • New menu available

Not entirely surprising to Max, the whole thing seemed innocuous as hell and was lacking completely in descriptions. How much DP? What was the new menu? At least the new item part of it was pretty straight forward, as that had to be the copper coin he just absorbed. Thankfully, the DP question was easily answered, as he remembered that one of the lines in his status was set aside specifically for that.

Name

Max

Race

Dungeon Core

Strength

N/A

Health

6/6

Dexterity

N/A

Mana

21/30

Endurance

2

Core size

5 mm

Intelligence

3

Bound Creatures

1

Wisdom

3

Area of Influence

4.03 M

Charisma

10

Rank

1

Luck

5

Dungeon Points

2

Mana/min

0.3

Health/min

0.2

And he jumped up to two DP. That was pretty handy. Now for the hard part. It said that there was a new menu, whereas before it said new menus. That meant that he only had to find out one new command. Or at least, he hoped that it was only one. If there was more than that would be more frustrating than anything. Alas, his expectations were thrown completely out the window, for as soon as he tried the same name as his other skill, Create Item, the new screen popped up in front of him immediately.

Item

DP Cost

Copper Coin

1

Was this a cheat? He was able to summon a copper coin for half of what it cost for him to absorb it? That felt so off it wasn't even funny. Watching his status as he absorbed another copper coin, he saw his DP count only go up by one as he absorbed it. As he tried to figure out what was happening, his attention was caught by a screen that sat just out of his vision flashing. Dragging it into view, it all suddenly made more sense.

Attention!

Creature detected inside AOI at the beginning of a new day

10 x unbound creatures = 0 DP Earned

1 x bound creatures = 1 DP earned

That was where the other DP came from. It must have passed midnight recently, and with Savia inside the shack counted her as an inhabitant. So that just meant that he would need to get either 150 days with Savia sleeping by him or 150 copper from Savia going out to work the streets before he could summon someone new. There was even the idea that she could have overnight clients, potentially increasing his DP gain dramatically. At least he now confirmed that he could act as a bank. Money could safely be converted back and forth as DP, meaning that any people who would want to rob them would find themselves out of luck. Hesitantly, Max absorbed one of the silver coins next to make sure that it stayed that way for every denomination of coinage. When he got the new notification saying he had a new item, it no longer had the line of a new menu being opened. Checking both menus, he found that silver coins gave him ten DP, as well as cost ten to create. Feeling cautious with their new funds, he quickly absorbed all of the money Savia had brought back. After all, this shack did not give off an image of security.

Now having twenty-six DP and having a feel for how all of his skills worked, he turned his attention towards Savia's sleeping body. It had probably been no more than five minutes since she went to sleep, but Max could already see the bruises fading. The dried cum that was on her was already gone, and her breathing became steadier as time went on. As Max watched, he timed the whole thing with his mana regen, still dedicating some of his mana towards expansion. In thirty minutes, Savia went from being bruised and abused to being fully recovered. There were no signs left of anything having happened to her at all. Was that normal in this world? Or was it just because she was bound to him?

Since he was not able to just ask her right now, he started to make some assumptions. Magic is a thing in this world, so it is possible for people to have accelerated healing. However, given the state she had arrived in, he did not think that it was a normal thing. It was either expensive, hard to come by, or perhaps both. For any of those reasons, no one would use healing magic on a slave they could just replace, at least in a medieval setting. Plus, the noble in charge of this town was probably corrupt, going by what his men had said when they came by to dispose of Savia. Which meant it was a thing either limited to him or his race. Mix that with the full recovery that Savia had when she came back after the twelve hours in limbo, and Max started to see himself as a healer of all. You know, given the fact that they become bound to him.

Sure, he could use it for money, power, or even world domination, but none of that sounded like a fun and pleasurable time. If he tried to go the money route, other greedy people would try and extort him, especially if they were stronger. If he went power, it had the same outcome. World domination may not have that issue, but it would be constant fighting until he won, and even then, probably a bit more as rebellions rang out. Add that into the fact that all of them probably involved stripping the smiles and happiness of other people to achieve those goals, none of them felt worth it to him. However, there may be many slaves in this world who are being discarded because they are seen as broken and unusable. Maybe, if he gathered them all around him, he could give them all a life of pleasure and happiness to offset their terrible luck they had to get in such a position. It would be a large undertaking, but visions of the largest and most successful brothel anyone had ever seen popped up in his mind, filled with a bevy of beauties and hunks who all were given another shot at life.

15