Chapter 617. Do They Know My Identity?
1.9k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Incubus System Chapter 617. Do They Know My Identity?

Even though I still wanted to enjoy my meal, I decided to check them out.

“Wait here. I need to go to the toilet.” I took a few sips of my drink and a napkin to wipe out my mouth before I got up from my seat.

"For real?" she confirmed since 'go to the bathroom' could mean two things to me. It was either I had to go somewhere with my portal skill or a real one.

I smiled innocently. “Yeah. I want to take number 2.”

“Hurry or I will eat your food,” she threatened in a teasing tone.

"Hey, don't touch my food," I returned her threat and turned to the nearby waiter.

“Excuse me. Can you show me where the toilet is?” I asked.

"It's around that corner." The waiter pointed with his gaze.

"Thank you." Then I walked there and went inside one of the stalls.

Once I locked the door, I used my camouflage skill to make myself invisible before I teleported near one of the guys.

The scene around me changed to the sidewalk of the street. The man was sitting on a bench in front of me with a newspaper in his hands. His eyes fixed on my seat and his anxiety was visible on his face. A black ear plug stuck in one ear.

A guess popped into my head. Especially after I remembered how Nathan played with his phone earlier.

'Let's see what you want from me.' Without showing my figure, I grabbed the back of his neck. It startled him. But before he reacted I used my skill.

‘Mind Corruption.’

[The target has been in your Mind Corruption. What do you want to do with his memory?]

[Read/ Erase/ Alter]

'Read. Why is he watching me?’

As I expected, a series of pieces of information about the demon hunter association entered my head, but it wasn't enough. At first, I thought they were Shadow, but I was wrong. They were just spies hired by the demon hunter association. Their job is to monitor me and report my activities to the association. Unfortunately, they got their orders through their supervisor.

I took my hand away from him and canceled my skill.

‘Do they already know my identity?’ First Ruby’s weird acts, Nathan, then those guys. If they suspected I was the great demon, they should arrest me. Worse, they should have captured Celia and taken her hostage. Yet they didn't.

Besides, I had also told my return to my partners earlier, including Emma. We even talked about one or two things about the demon hunter association, but she didn't mention anything about this.

'Did they make me their bait again? Or do they have another plan?’ I thought. For sure, this was a secret order. Only certain Demon Hunters would know it. That was why Emma and Larry knew nothing about this. Since that was the case, I just needed to find out from Mrs. Clea.

Celia's safety immediately popped into my head. If the demon hunters wanted to do anything to me, she would be their first target. 'I will have Foxy to guard her like she used to.'

I used my teleportation skill again to get back into the stall, canceled my camouflage, and got out of there. After washing my hands like a normal person who has just completed his 'mission', I returned to my table.

"You've washed your hands right?" she reminded me.

"I'm not a kid you know," I answered with a complaint. But instead of continuing my meal, I picked up my phone from the table as I realized there was a notification message. It was from Larry.

Larry: I'm glad you're back. Wanna grab a coffee with me this evening? I want to discuss something with you.

I replied to him.

Me: I need to unpack and pick up Celia. Can you just text me?

I was thinking of bringing her back. It wasn't because I didn't want to stay at Camila's house, but I had Foxy and the others. If someone noticed some movement in my vacant house, it would raise suspicion. After all, Foxy could protect Celia from the association and it was safer for her.

A few seconds later, a reply came.

Larry: I can't. This is important. We will meet at 06.00 PM. How about that?

Okay, this was definitely bad news and it may have something to do with the association.

I leaned my back to prevent Celia from peeking at the screen. I didn't want to worry her.

Me: Okay. At the usual coffee shop in Peace Blossom Square, right?

Larry: Don't go near that place for a while. We will meet at the coffee shop near your house.

'Right… I forgot Ruby works nearby,' I thought.

Me: Sure. See ya later.

I locked my phone screen, put down the phone, and continued my meal.

"It's from Larry, right?" Celia confirmed.

I answered with a nod since my mouth was full of food.

"Then why did you hide it from me?" she asked again. It seemed she noticed the change in my expression when I distanced my phone away from her.

"Cause I don't want you to read the message again," I reasoned.

"I won't do it and I know that's only an excuse." Her eyes looked at me suspiciously.

I ignored her stares and continued to shove food into my mouth.

"C'mon speak up," she demanded in annoyance."

I exhaled a long breath.

"He wanted to talk to me about something and asked me to meet up," I admitted.

"What does he want to talk about?"

I shook my head from side to side.

"He hasn't told me yet."

She was silent and thought for a while.

“Could it be about Ruby? She called me several times to ask how you were doing while you were away.”

"What did she say?" I already guessed she would search for me everywhere, including contacting Celia.

“Mostly she was asking if I had heard of you or asking when you would be back. She also asked why you suddenly left,” she explained.

"What did you say to her?"

“Like what you said to the others. You go to an acquaintance's house in a remote area to help them.”

"Then?" I asked her to continue.

“That's all. I didn't say where I was since I didn't want to bother Camila. I only said I was staying at a friend's house.”

“I see. At least she didn't text you weird messages like what she sent me," I shrugged and continued to eat.

“I would freak out if she did. Anyway, do you want to try my food?” She suddenly changed the subject.

"Sure," I accepted happily.

I thought she would give me a bite but it turned out it was the rest of her portion.

“Why? You don't like it?” I asked in confusion.

She grinned awkwardly.

"I'm already full."

>Read more than 230 chapters ahead of TIS + 5 weekly update + 96 Extra R18 chapters + access to all R18 ASMR +R18 poll R18 scene.

20