[Arc 5] Chapter 2-22: Archdevil of Irritation
1.4k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"[Vibration Crasher]!" - Grangron

"Naive! [Vibration Crasher]!!" - Irritation Lord

The final fight started with Grangron releasing a shockwave towards the Irritation Lord by hitting the ground with his axe. The Irritation Lord replied by creating a shockwave of his own by stamping the ground. He even used the very same skill!

The two shockwaves clashed, causing a large gust of wind to blow everyone off the island. I could fly, so I was not that troubled, but Grangron...was lucky and landed on a nearby island. That may be for the best. The island we were on seemed like it could crumble into the Demonic Sea anytime soon. 

Lunatic seems to stick around the magic circle for some reason, while the rock monsters..., also landed on the same island as Grangron. But they are on their knees, visibly exhausted. They aren't going to be a threat anytime soon. Not that I understand much of what they are. The Disaster that could be called their "heart" is already defeated, so why do they still have a shape? 

However, I have more important things to do now instead of wondering how rule-breaking creations are still alive.

I aimed an arrow at the Irritation Lord as he stayed in the air using those strange moves of his, but before I could release it, a peculiar shockwave came out from the devil's body. I braced myself for the impact, but nothing happened. A large area with the Irritation Lord as its center seems different now. It is as if the air itself is charged with... Vibrations?

This feels like a bad thing, so I stopped worrying about the strange field and released my arrow at the Irritatio-!?!?!?

"I-IT HUUURTS!!" - Noire

What is this, It hurts!! My bones, my bones feel like they are getting crushed! As if someone is forcing a sharp knife into my teeth, or as if someone is forcing a whole cactus' worth of needles in underneath my fingernails, or all of it at once!! 

"BWA-HAHAHAHA!! That's right! Scream, fear, and suffer!! I  am the Archdevil of Irritation, Razor Emerwell! The one who may be stronger than the Demon King of Solomar himself! And I am not going to tolerate being made a fool out of you so-called Voyagers any longer!" - Razor Emerwell (Irritation Lord)

The Irritation Lord's obnoxious voice knocked me back to my senses...somewhat. The first thing I noticed was that I was falling towards the Demonic Sea. I glided to an island extremely close to where Grangron landed before I fell into the Demonic Sea. However, the moment I tried to ascend, that horrible pain struck again. 

You have to be..., my whole ****ing body is covered in blood. My blood! My wings, my beautiful wings are ragged and so bloody now that they are more red than black! My arms seem to be in the next worst state, while the rest of my body looks pretty okay. Why only these spots...

No way! Don't tell me... I gritted my teeth as I prepared a magic formula, but the second I poured mana into the spell, the pain struck my body. This time it was not so bad compared to before, but this proves my theory. And how I wish I was wrong.

This "area" around the Irritation Lord, is inflicting damage on anyone who is using MP. The more MP one is using, the higher the damage they will receive. [Trouble Revelation] did not give me a warning because there was nothing to warn me about. I am in the middle of a giant attack from the very beginning! 

A "Domain", this has to be a Domain! A special area-affecting skill effect! [Workshop Creation] is something like that, or it will be once it evolves. That will grant the skill user a semi-domain that allows them to craft better items for any item type they want the skill to specialize in. 

Ugh, the pain must have gotten to my brain. I am digressing despite this intense situation. Grangrog must be suffering just as me-

"HI-YAAA!!" - Grangron

"GUUUUH-*Sent flying into the air*-!?" - Razor Emerwell

Suffering...suffering...?

What is this? WHY!? Why is that idiot all fine while I am suffering over here?! It does not make any sense!! I do find it nice that he is giving the Irritation Lord the beating of his life, but how!? Isn't this Domain the Irritation Lord's trump card? How can that no-brained 

"GRANGROG!! What is the meaning of this?!" - Noire

"Hey, Noire!? You're bleeding all over!" - Grangron

"Do not worry about-, look out!!" - Noire

The Irritation Lord tried to attack Grangron's back while the latter was distracted (it was not my fault!!), but the ogre punched the Irritation Lord without even turning around. And he still had enough power to send the devil flying to the other end of the island. 

"What was it?" - Grangron

"No, nothing. Keep at it!" - Noire

"HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!" - Razor Emerwell

Tsk, he didn't die. That Grangron, did he lower his power with that strike?

"Wow, you're durable...ouch..." - Grangron

Looking closer, Grangron's fist is hurt! Did it happen when he punched the Irritation Lord?

"How is it that you're still able to use MP!? My [Purgatory of Needles] is supposed to tear apart anyone who uses MP for anything other than the Domain or my body armor generated from that skill!!" - Razor Emerwell

"Armor!?" - Noire

Then, this skill doesn't only harm you if you try to attack him magically with MP, fighting with your fists is also a sure-fire recipe to get slashed to ribbons!?

"Huh? Why, it's because I'm not in your Domain." - Grangron

"Whaaaat? Who are you trying to fool, you fool? My prowess with magical forces makes it more than easy enough to cover this whole island! There is no way you're not...... No way...!" - Razor Emerwell

"Oh, you figured it out? Yup, I've also gotten a Domain active. And before yours went online at that." - Grangron

That Grangron, he can also use a Domain? When, and why? Nothing else has changed like when the Irritation Lord used his so-called "purgatory". 

"You see, people often forget it, but I am a Ground Ogre. Maybe because I always tossing out lightning bolts or I'm punching people with vibration-coated fists...," started Grangron before dropping down to one knee. Hey, don't stagger here and now!! We still have a devil to exterminate!! Not that I need to rely on your help!!

"However...the Earth is still my strongest domain. Ah, I wasn't meaning to pun there. What I'm trying to say is, that having a good foothold is always crucial for an idiot like me who can only fight with their fists. That's why I went the hard way to always make sure of that happening." - Grangron

"You little..., a Domain that only affects the ground you're standing on!" - Razor Emerwell

"Pretty much. It also covers me, since I'm the user. As a fellow Domain user, you'll understand what that means." - Grangron

Oh, Domains cannot overlap an already-existing Domain. Which makes Grangron unaffected by that purgatory thingy's effect! 

"But that doesn't mean a **** if your Domain drains you to the point of exhaustion!!" - Noire

"BWA-HAHAHAHA!! The Flugel with the mouth that is in extreme need of washing is correct!! You should have relied on your fists instead of trying to play cleaver, my young ogre." - Razor Emerwell

"Yeah, I'm starting to feel the same thing. Forcing the earth to grant recovery effects to specific targets only is tiring..." - Grangron

"BWA-HAHAHAHAHA!! Take that lesson to heart as you fall into true purgatory!! ......? Recovery? Specific tar-*SMASH*-GUUUUH!?" - Razor Emerwell

The Irritation Lord got his gauding cut in half as a giant bone sword hit him in his stomach. It should have cut him into two... No, that's not what I meant. Where did that come from!? Rather, where did HE come from!? That is..., I've forgotten his name, but isn't that the skeleton knight Garami bragged about!? The Dungeon Boss from the undead zone that Iron had a hand in designing! 

The skeleton knight on his undead horse kept on attacking the Irritation Lord, preventing the latter from doing any more harm. The assault was so fierce that it forced the Irritation Lord to remove his Domain. Sweet! But now he is using a flashy new move by making giant needles with a vibration energy cover grow up from the ground. Not sweet! Quite the opposite, it's sour! ...I think? Is that how it goes?

"Lady Noire, I think you should take a deep breath and center yourself." - ???

Someone snuck up behind me!? Who..., seriously, who is this skeleton?

"Lady Noire? It is me, Onyx. Onyx Damavand!" - Onyx

"Yes, I know. I'm just...a little tired." - Noire

Nope, I still have no idea. But if he had "Damavand" in his name..., could it be that Lich-creature Garami always brags about? She is too proud of her Dungeon subordinates, that Dungeon/Guild Master of ours.

"And why are you people here?" I asked, pointing at the skeleton knight who was fighting the Irritation Lord. Two Arachne-type creatures had joined the fight on the knight's side while I was distracted by the Lich. "I do have a guess..."

"Which is most likely correct. We are here because of that ******ed stone alligator!" - Onyx

As I suspected.

"He ate you, then turned you into his lackeys?" - Noire

"Kuh-! It is as you say... Those ****ing rocks covered all our bodies and took control over our powers, manipulating us as puppets! Ahh, to think a great necromancer, a commander of the dead, such as I would end up as the marionette of someone else..." - Onyx

"Isn't that how your relationship with Garami is?" - Noire

"KUUUHH-!!! Master......forgive this fool......!!" - Onyx

...I tried to soften the blow, but it seemed to have spread salt on the wound instead. 

In that case, the various boss monsters can stay here for a while at least until the World System picks them up and sends them back to where Damavand used to be. Or so I believe.

After all the rule-breaking that gigantic stone Disaster did, it is not strange that these guys can stick around, at least for a while. Hope they are here enough for me to use them as a distraction to hit...

Ugh, nope. Impossible. I can barely move even now... But I will NOT give up my kill! That devil is mine to shoot...!!

"Bah, that is not important! No, it is, but not right at this moment!" - Onyx

"Which begs the question, why are you here, and not there, kicking some devil ass?" - Noire

"Yes. The good sire Grangron did recover our powers thanks to his sacrifice-," - Onyx

So that is what he did with the ground-based Domain. Also, I don't think he is dead. He is too stubborn to do it right.

"-We have not the optimized skill-build to punish that wretched, ****ing devil to the utmost extreme." - Onyx

"I can go with utmost punishment, but at this point..." - Noire

Just defeating him is enough...is not something I can say. The Lich has a valid point. That bastard deserves more. Way more!!

"And that is why I ask for your assistance." - Onyx

After saying his, the Lich placed his hand on my shoulder. Hey, get rid of your boney-!? What in-!? Power..., the power...!!

"[Lich's Drain Touch]. We might have recovered thanks to the good sire, but nobody in Damavand could think of a better person than you, my Lady, to deliver the most harmful blow to that despicable loudmouth." - Onyx

"...hehehe...ahahaha...AHAHAHA!! Lich, no, Onyx!! You are truly wise, even for your race!!" - Noire

As mana flowed from the Lich into me, I prepared the greatest [Golden Ballista] that I could create and started aiming for the Irritation Lord on the other island.

(Well, she does possess 2 attributes that can hurt a devil, even if she is one of the more pitiable members of Master's inner circle...) - Onyx

"Did you say something?" - Noire

"No, nothing. However, how are you supposed to hit that madman?" - Onyx

"There is something over there that will act as a distraction. Just give her time." - Noire

Hearing my words, Onyx noticed the glowing magic circle on the island where the fight had originally taken place. The magic circle had changed its color, now matching that of a certain someone who always caused me to doubt my eyes whenever he teleported back to the mansion when I worked for Filyn as a maid...

And best of all, it is that crazy spider who is using it! 1 crazy transport spell + 1 crazy caster = the perfect distraction! ...Is what I am hoping for. 

"Isn't that Lord Blot's magic circle? And why is Lunatic controlling it?" - Onyx

Do not ask me. It could easily be Blot himself who decided to teach some of the Dungeon monsters with an affinity for teleportation as a safety measure. That sounds like a trick that four-eyed bastard would do.  

The magic circle started to shine even stronger now, something that caught the attention of the people fighting on the other island. Not yet. This alone is not enough to act as a proper distraction. I resisted the temptation of releasing the ballista until I could be 100% sure that I could score a hit on the Irritation Lord. 

And Blot's magic circle delivered just the distraction I needed. With the brightest flash of light yet, the magic circle made three large objects appear. Or, 2 large objects and one large, flying serpent. The objects are floatships that look like pagodas with additional sails and ship bows attached to them.

"SOLOMAR'S CASINOES, HERE I COME!!! ......What is this hellhole!?!?" - Strange girl

"Huh?" - Onyx

A weird, white-haired girl stood at the front of one of the ships, shouting something incomprehensible before understanding where she was. The Lich made a stupid sound, which reminded me of the situation on the other island. 

The Irritation Lord and the Damavand boss monsters had paused their fight, dumbfounded over the strange view that had suddenly appeared in front of them. I poured all the mana I had obtained from Onyx and released the giant magical arrow toward the Irritation Lord. 

Guh..., my head...mana depletion... symptoms..., but I recovered them...thanks to...that...blasted...incompatible mana-using...UNDEAD...no good...*faint*~...

---

Kigal-Note chapter:

17