Kigal-Note/Status Ailment: Waning
518 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waning:

Waning is a special status ailment that cannot be afflicted to others or oneself through artificial means normally. This occurs when one's soul is overloaded with too many, or too complex, skills. Bad affinity between the skills and the skill holder can further improve the stress on the soul.

Waning will result in lowered Life- and Strength Stats, rendering several skills unusable and incapable of attaining more proficiency during the time, and several more disadvantages to the inflicted party.

The only way for this ailment to be healed is to wait for the soul to possibly adapt to the weight of all the skills the affected party has. Any interference will lead to the soul growing even weaker, no matter the interference's purpose. 

If one tries to force the soul to learn even more skills, or it takes damage through any other means, the afflicted party will die due to the destruction of their soul. An individual that experiences such a fate will never be able to reincarnate, and their body will crumble into a salt-like substance. Nothing can save that individual at this stage.

Including the mentioned symptoms, the affected party will feel intense pain in their whole body, as if they are lit on fire. There can also be faults with one's body, even with internal organs if one is not lucky, leading to instant death in case of the heart or the brain being affected.

The first few hours will make the affected party's body turn limb while the most intense pain strikes their body. Afterward, the pain will lessen to a certain degree, allowing the infected party to move around normally, but under constant and intense pressure on their body. Unless one has a working skill or two of the [Pain Resistance] line, one can forget about even moving a finger. Sometimes, the pain itself can make the affected party die due to the shock.

As a final nail in the coffin, one will be incapable of using complex skills, even if those skills have not been disabled by the Waning ailment. Magic of any kind except the most basic ones are also included in this list.

Alvatria's comment: *Giggle, giggle, giggle*, that appearance she had when she got Waning on her that night, HILLARIOUS! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!

Chaos' comment: ...She is your Champion, you know? Can't you be more... no, forget it. It was stupid of me to even think you had a single compassionate bone in your body.

18