Kigal-Note/Skills: Extra Skills (ver.2)
611 14 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra Skills:

Of the various skills registered in the Terra Sol World System, the ones that attract the most attention are clearly these: the Extra Skills.

An Extra Skill is named as such because it cannot be confined within the limitations of the other skill categories. This may be due to the skill granting too large powers compared to the other skills, it is a super-evolved skill that surpasses even the tier 3 skills, its abilities are too weird for a single skill category, or it is simply designed to be above the other skills from the start and be something akin to a trophy.

All Extra Skills have a level-cap of 10, they can be of any attributes, or not have any from the start. It is impossible to obtain Extra Skills from classes or Titles. 

Extra Skills can be classified into three different types based on their origin:

  • Heroic-types: Extra Skills that are based on certain figures in legends and stories. Strangely enough, all these figures originate from worlds outside of Terra Sol.
  • Monstrous-type: Extra Skills that are based on high-ranking monsters that live on Terra Sol. A-ranks and above only.
  • Void-type: Extra Skills that are connected to an attribute not related to the twelve basic attributes of the Terra Sol World System, and their composition attributes. It also works as a trash can-..., as a gathering spot for all the Extra Skills that are not based on a legendary figure or monster.

In addition to the mentioned Extra Skill-types, these skills can also be divided into special categories based on their rarities and restrictions. These categories also separate them based on the Extra Skills' overall strength:

  • Special: the category that includes special Extra Skills that are granted to its owners when they clear specific conditions based on what the World System judges. Includes the [Hero]-, [Demon King], and [Divine Protection] skills.
  • Series: the category for the Extra Skills that are part of a "series". These "series"-skills are similar in nature to each other, they can be obtained through similar methods. Each person is limited to take just one member of each series, but they are not limited to take Extra Skills from other series. Examples of series are the Dragon Slayer series, the Divine Knight series, the twelve Zodiacs series, and the Four Cardinal Guardians series.
    • Leader: Some of the series have a special member whose strength and abilities are greater than the other members, enough to be considered an Independent Extra Skill in terms of prowess alone. These skills are locked behind formidable challenges and Quests that will always be connected somehow to the other members of the same series. The Leader Extra Skill is still part of the series, so one cannot obtain it if they already have one of the Extra Skills of the same series.
  • Independent: the category for the Extra Skills that are not part of any groups, even if there would be skills with similar effects to them. These Extra Skills are stronger and more challenging than the Series Extra Skills and are guaranteed to be more difficult to obtain than them too. However, the return will definitely be worth all the risks and pains, as long as the person in question actually manages to obtain the Extra Skill.
  • Seven Sins/Virtues: A special set of 14 truly unique Extra Skills. The Seven Sins/Virtues skills are weaker variants of the Extra Skills of the Seven Demon Gods and the Seven Divine Protectors of the fourteen continents that make up Terra Sol. These skills can be bought from the Skill Shop once several requirements are fulfilled.
    The Sin-skills requires one to develop a lower-ranked variant of itself along with various other requirements related to the sin in question.
    The Virtue-skills requires one to obtain a specific Title related to the Virtue in question, then advance said Title one stage higher. Other requirements are also needed to be cleared.
    These 14 skills are considered the most balance-breaking Extra Skills of them all, mostly due to them having a ridiculous range and/or close to 0 costs for them to be operated despite their massive powers.
    However, these skills come with a traphole. If one uses a Seven Sins/Virtues skill too much, the person's psyche will gradually be eroded by the skill. What happens to the poor fellow that does not take caution against these powerful skills variates depending on the skill in question. 
    One can only own one Sin- or one Virtue skill, but strangely, there are no limitations that prevent one from obtaining one Sin- and one Virtue skill. One cannot take opposing Sins and Virtues, however.

Filyn's comment: Alright then, ladies and gentle-mouses, do understand now why something like this "Festival" is a bad idea?

Garami's comment: True. If I got a Series-skill I'm bad with and locked out from the one I really wanted, I would cry.

Zaria's comment: I still think you guys who're speaking of Extra Skills like they were dangos are even worse...

Tinkletop's comment: *Squeeek!* (I want more cheese-flavored popcorn!)

18