Kigal-Note/Passive Skills: [Chant Reduction]
198 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Skill: Chant Reduction
Skill Type: Passive Skill
Skill Tier: 1
Attribute: ---
Effect:
  • Allows one to cast magic without using chants.
    • A gauge will be used instead.
    • The speed of the gauge depends on the user's ability to concentrate on the construction of the magic formula.
    • Alterations to the magic formula cannot be added when using this skill.

Description:

[Chant Reduction] is a common skill to find in the Magician-line classes classified as "Book of Worlds" classes and "Book of Styles" classes. Both these categories use reletively normal magic skills, with the "Book of Worlds" classes uses attribute-focused skills like [Fire Magic] and the "Book of Styles" use purpose-focused skills like [Healng Magic].

The common points between these two classes are that the magic skills are solely provided by the World System and that all the spells recorded in the two magic skills requires chants.

The second point has become much more difficult recently due to the latest System Update that took place after the "Nightmare Festival" event. That is where the [Chant Reduction] skill comes in.

[Chant Reduction] allows the magician to skip chanting, but they are instead forced to use a special waiting-gauge. The duration it takes for the gauge to fill up is decided on the difficulty of the magic formula, the magician's natural talent for the type of spell in use, and the skill level of [Chant Reduction]. 

A small downside with this skill is that it can only perform the magic spells in the exact same manner as provided by the World System. Meaning that skills that improves the effects of the spell cannot be used along with the effect of [Chant Reduction]. 

Mira's comment: I see. So Reduction is for people without the talent to improve their spells~. I see, I see......

Akai's comment: A word of advise: do not do the same mistake as a certain vampire and pretend this skill does not exist just because of some foolish pride.

5