Kigal-Note/Traits: Ogre-type Traits (Post-Nightmare Festival)
182 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

General Description:

Ogres are the most common example of a "monster humanoid" in Terra Sol, and they come in many different forms and shapes. 

Essentially, Ogres are stronger humanoids, to the point where they lose their ability to work together that humanoids are so famous for, in exchange for stronger and tougher bodies. 

The Ogre-type traits include the original Ogre, the mana-rich Oni, the robust Troll, and the Fae-deviant better known as the Goblin, and its more humanoid version known as the Hobgoblin. 


Trait: Ogre

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of HP, SP, STR, and VIT stats: *1.5
  • Decreases the values of MP, MAG, and RES stats: *0.7
  • Increases physical muscle strength and durability: [Normal]
  • Eases the possibility to gain Berserk-type ailments: [Normal]

Description:

The "original" Ogre-type trait is as simple as it is primitive: a high increase in physical stats in exchange for a decrease in magical ones! 

The Ogre thinks with their fists, so they simply rely on brute force to win. They even have an affinity for the Berserker-type classes, so don't expect any strategies or techniques from them. 

Some demon-type races may have "Ogre" in their species name, but that doesn't mean every one of these "demonic ogres" is of the same species as the original Ogres. They are simply called so because the "discoverer" of the race did not have enough information and/or imagination to go on giving them a more unique name, so they simply based them on their similarities to the more common Ogres. 


Trait: "XXX" Oni

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of HP, MP, and SP stats: *1.4
  • Increases the values of STR and VIT: *1.2
  • Decreases the values of MAG: *0.8
  • Eases the possibility to gain Berserk-type ailments: [Small]
  • Attacks are granted properties of the "XXX" attribute(s) in the user's possession.
  • Prevents damage to one's body from overdrinking. 

Description:

The Oni species are a type of Youkai that also counts as an Ogre, as it is from the Ogre species they evolve into an Oni, not from a Youkai. Through evolution, they are granted this new Oni-type trait, along with the standard traits one can find in the Youkai species. 

Unlike the ordinary Ogres, an Oni has an increase in all their health stats and a lower increase in their physical ones, all at the cost of a slight decrease in their abilities to handle magic.

Like Ogres, Onis have tendencies to go berserk, but it is weaker compared to the original. In addition, Onis can cloak their attacks with the attributes of a specific source, be it a category of attributes or a single one. Finally...they are goddamn strong drinkers. 


Trait: Troll

Abilities:

  • Mineral-type attribute enhancements: [Normal]
  • Metallic-type attribute enhancements: [Small]
  • Sun attribute reduction: [High]
  • Increases the values of HP, SP, STR, and VIT stats: *2.5
  • Decreases the values of MP and MAG stats: *0.5
  • Lowers natural growth of INT value: [High]
  • Increase in self-recovery effects: [High]
  • Increases physical muscle strength and durability: [High]
  • Eases the possibility to gain Berserk-type ailments: [Normal]
  • Self-recovery effect-increase is halved while in the sun.

Description:

Trolls are more primitive versions of Ogres (believe it or not). They live solely in the mountains, which has granted them an incredible affinity for Mineral-type and Metallic-type attributes.

True to their reputation, a Troll isn't that intelligent, even when compared to the normal Ogres. However, their brawn is greatly increased even compared to the muscle-headed Ogres, even if it is close to impossible for them to use proper magic.

Then again, a Troll, especially one that's gone berserk, is a much greater threat than any common magical fireball thrown by a magician. Especially since the Troll's natural self-recovery is top-tier and can even compete with that of a high-grade Slime or a Zombie. If you ever come to fight a Troll, do it in the sun. That's their weakness.


Trait: Goblin

Abilities:

  • Reduced necessary LP to be recruited by other Goblins by 10 LP (Cannot go lower than 1 LP).
  • Improves the effect of support-type Leadership skills when in teams with other Goblin-type creatures: [Small]

Description:

The Goblin is a Fae-type creature that is also connected to the different Ogre races, just as how the Oni is to the different Youkais. 

Goblins are well-known for their ability to work as a pack, which is shown in their Trait in that they can create a horde easily as every Goblin would give themselves a discount when they are being recruited by a leader-type Goblin.

They also provide a slight bonus to Leadership-type skills that are supposed to support the goblins in the group, and most importantly: this effect stacks on top of itself for each Goblin. There is a limit to how strong the goblins can become, but they are still a formidable force when fighting as a group. 

As Fae, Goblins also have access to either Seelie Fae or Unseelie Fae traits. Which of them depends on what type of goblin the creature in question we are talking about. Also, a Goblin can have the "Fae King" trait, which would make them a Goblin King. 


Trait: Hobgoblin

Abilities:

  • Reduces LP costs to recruit humanoids to one's groups by 10 LP (cannot go lower than 5 LP)
  • Further reduces LP costs to recruit Goblin-type creatures to one's group by 10 LP (cannot go lower than 1 LP)
  • Improves the effect of support-type Leadership skills when in teams with other Goblin-type creatures: [Small]

Description:

While Goblins may be a missing link between Ogres and Fae, the Hobgoblin is the missing link between Ogres, Fae, AND humanoids!

Hobgoblins are properly registered in the World System as humanoids, which gives them the same line of trait effects as a human, elf, or dwarf. In addition, they still retain a Goblin's ability to support their clansmen, which makes Hobs a much greater threat than ordinary Goblins due to their ability to efficiently act as a leader for Goblin groups. 

Noire's comment: However...they cannot fly.

Grangron's comment: You are right about thaaaaaaaat!!

3