Kigal-Note/Extra Skills: [Snake God’s Furnace – Orochi Homura Kusanagi]
238 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Skill: Snake God's Furnace - Orochi Homura Kusanagi
Skill Type: Extra Skill
Skill Tier: Extra
Attribute: Smelt, Fire, Toxic-type attributes
Extra Skill Category: "Orochi", "Crafter"
Effect:
  1. Allows one to create an "Orochi Grand Furnace".
  2. (Passive) Positive correction to durability and quality of created sword-type items, with a further bonus to katana-type items.
  3. Allows one to summon "Orochi Homura"- tokens.

Description:

Yamata-no-Orochi. One of the 13 Calamities that walk around the world of Terra Sol. An eight-headed serpent, which may be the reason why it has the honor of being the Calamity with the highest amount of Extra Skills fashioned after itself with 8 different skills.

This skill, the [Snake God's Furnace - Orochi Homura Kusanagi], belongs not only to the Orochi group of Extra Skills, but it is also a member of the "Crafter" category, which are Extra Skills centered around creating, storing, or destroying items. The "Orochi"-category is a variant of the Oni-type Extra Skills, so owners of these skills will be acceptable targets for effects targeting owners of those skills as well.

The "Snake God's Furnace" comes with 3 different effects. The first effect creates a furnace called the "Orochi Grand Furnace". The second is a positive correction granted to any created sword-type items. And the last one summons "Orochi Homura" tokens. 

The Grand Furnace is the ability to create a new forge from scratch or modify an existing forge into one worthy of the Snake God Calamity. Crafts created using this forge can be granted properties related to Toxic-type status ailments for free. Another function is that one can use high-quality alcohol as a fuel source. Depending on the booze's quality,  the durability and quality of the created item(s) will be increased drastically. 

The "Orochi Homura" tokens take on the appearance of fiery snake heads that emerges from portals created from purple-ish flames. These portals can move, so the snakes are not restricted to the area they are summoned in. Their attacks inflict heavy Fire-type damage and a high chance of inflicting various status ailments related to the Toxic-category attributes. 

A single Orochi Homura requires 30 LP from the skill user, and they need to have a free slot in any type of group created by Leadership-type skills. A defeated or called-back token cannot be summoned again for the next 24 hours, and one can summon at most 7 heads at the same time. 

Blaze's comment: I've heard that there is one nasty member of the Orochi group known as "Shuten"-something-something as well.

Noire's comment: Isn't that the one Mira mentioned having faced in the Nightmare Festival...? No, let's not think too deeply about it. Especially when Garami is on the same continent. *Shiver, shiver, shiver*...

10