Kigal-Note/Traits: Bear-type Traits (Post-Nightmare Festival)
107 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

General Description:

The bear-type traits are granted to the ursine creatures of Terra Sol. They are divided into 4 different categories, 3 of them representing bears that live in different temperature-based ecosystems, and one extra, personally added by the Goddess of Order for personal reasons. 


Trait: Bear

Abilities:

  • Increases the value of HP, SP, STR, and VIT stats: *1.4
  • Positive correction to digging-related abilities: [Normal]
  • Increased probability of being inflicted with Sleep-type ailments: [Normal]
  • Limited duration positive correction to all stats after consuming honey: [High]
    • However, all stats will gain a temporary negative correction afterward: [Normal]

Description:

The most common of the bear-type traits. [Bear] is given to most common bear-type monsters. They have increased strength, enhanced vitality, and even improved digging abilities. They are weak to [Sleep], however. 

A unique aspect of the [Bear] trait is that the trait user can enhance their stats by consuming honey-type items. The more honey of higher quality, the higher the increase, but the duration of this boost will become shorter the more one eats. After this "honey rush", the user's stats will drop, and this decrease will increase in duration based on how effective the "rush" was for the bear. A double-edged sword of an effect, something that is not often seen among trait effects.


Trait: Polar Bear

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of STR and VIT stats: *1.5
  • Increases the values of HP and SP stats: *1.2
  • Positive correction to Cold-type attributes: [Normal]
  • Reduced damage from Cold and Fluid-type attacks: *0.6
  • Positive correction to swimming-related abilities: [Normal]
  • Increased probability of being inflicted with Sleep-type ailments: [Small]

Description:

[Polar Bear] is the trait granted to the ursine arctic creatures of Terra Sol. Along with it, the bear of the far north is given enhanced abilities and resistances for the Cold-category and Fluid-type attributes. 

They do not possess enhanced digging abilities, but [Polar Bear] grants them improved swimming effects, which is much more needed in the Arctic regions. Their weakness to [Sleep] is lower than that of other bear-type trait users.


Trait: Sun Bear

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of STR, VIT, and SPD stats: *1.4
  • Increases the values of HP and SP stats: *1.2
  • Positive correction to Heat-type attributes: [Small]
  • Reduced damage Heat and Glow-type attacks: *0.8
  • Positive correction to climbing-related abilities: [Normal]
  • Increased probability of being inflicted with Sleep-type ailments: [Normal]

Description:

The [Sun Bear] is the trait granted to bears that live in the more exotic regions. These types of bears have smaller bodies compared to their cousins in the north, allowing them to move with more speed and grace. They also have enhanced Heat-type properties and enhanced resistance against Glow-type attacks.

Finally, [Sun Bear] owners have a better affinity for climbing-type abilities. Thanks to this, many owners of this trait, tend to use a strategy of rapidly climbing up a tall object, then use a skill such as [Rolling] to turn themselves into a cannonball of ursine wrath. 


Trait: Panda

Abilities:

  • Increases the values of MAG, RES, and DEX stats: *1.3
  • Increases the values of MP and SP stats: *1.2
  • Positive correction to Glow-type and Gloom-type attributes: [Normal]
  • Positive correction when trying to inflict [Charm]-type ailments on targets: [Small]
  • Reduced damage Glow and Gloom-type attacks: *0.6
  • Increased probability of being inflicted with [Sleep]-type ailments: [Normal]

Description:

A special trait granted to a certain specimen of bears. It is rumored to have been included in the World System by the orders of Goddess Order herself. 

These [Panda] users have better magical capabilities compared to any other bear-type trait users. Their Glow and Gloom attributes are a step above the other attributes, they take less damage from the mentioned attributes as well, and for some reason, they can [Charm] targets quite easily. The last part may have been the reason why Goddess Order decided to make a trait for them exclusively. 

Grangron's comment: You can't go wrong with bears! Just stay clear of the pandas...they are bloodthirsty killers...!!

Noire's comment: I am sensing bias in the air..., I think. You can never be too sure. 

4