Chapter 50: Contact with the Outside
202 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Umm, sir, I think a giant wall just appeared.”

“What are you talking about. Of course there’s a giant wall in front of you.”

“No, like another wall just appeared on top of that giant wall.”

“Speak clearly, what do you mean another wall just appeared on the wall.”

“I don’t know how but it just happened. I was patrolling the area and just saw that another wall was erected on the giant wall.”

“I see. Keep watch on it and report back if anything happens. It might be the work of a monster.”

“Ok.”

My superior hangs up and I continue to watch the wall with my binoculars. It doesn’t seem like anything is happening with the wall.

“See anything, Josh.”

“Nah, nothing so far. Is Tari still asleep?”

“Yeah, you want me to wake him up?”

“Nah, he’s been hard at work for the last few hours. Just let him rest for now.”

“Ok.”

It’s been two weeks since we’ve started this mission but nothing much has happened. The only work we’ve had was stopping the press from getting closer to the wall and protecting some scientists. I still can’t believe that Ostempal was quarantined for having a zombie outbreak occur. I haven’t seen any zombies but that’s what all my superiors say is happening.

The three of us are just regular soldiers so we don’t know much but I’ll believe it if they said a zombie outbreak happened within the city. There have been a few times when we’ve escorted scientists to our main base and I’ve overheard them talking about experimenting on zombies.

I’m sure William would know more than I do since he’s in some sort of special squad that deals with the supernatural. Wait, would zombies even put under the supernatural category?

“Hey, James, do you think zombies are supernatural creatures?”

“I guess so. Aren’t supernatural things just stuff not able to be explained by science.”

“Yeah, but when you think supernatural, don’t you think of ghosts and stuff.”

“I do.”

“And in zombie movies isn’t it usually the result of a scientist’s serum or something like that. Maybe even a brand new disease.”

“Most zombie movies are generally like that.”

“Then wouldn’t it make it not supernatural since it’s a man-made or natural occurrence.”

“Umm, sure.”

“What if we’re in a zombie movie right now and the government is the evil ones who created this zombie outbreak. Ostempal being quarantined so fast is quite suspicious don’t you think? And aren’t there those videos of monsters appearing around the world. What if the government is hiding those monsters inside of Ostempal?”

“I think you should keep your mouth shut, Josh. If our superiors hear this then they’ll probably punish you.”

“I’m just speculating. That can’t punish me over my ideas. They’ll be infringing on my human rights.”

“Yeah, yeah, get back to work.”

“Come on, humor me little. I’m bored of watching a stupid wall all the time. We’ve been here for two weeks and nothing has happened yet.”

“I hope nothing happens. If we’re in a zombie movie like you said, then we’ll be the first ones to die.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you never see soldiers in the movies, right. Whenever there is one, it’s usually the only survivor of a certain squad. All the other soldiers are never seen throughout the movies and it’s all about the civilians trying to survive.”

“Damn, you’re right. I take back everything I said. Let’s hope this isn’t a zombie movie but one of those alien movies where the soldiers are the cool guys.”

“A lot of soldiers also die in those alien movies so don’t get your hopes up.”

“Yeah, you’re right. Wait, I think I see something.”

Looking through my binoculars, I can see something in the sky. It was kind of blurry so I zoom in. A dick!? Is that a flying dick in the air? It’s a pretty big one too.

“What do you see?”

“A dick.”

“What!?”

“I’m just stating the facts. Use your binoculars.”

I zoom out a little bit and I could finally see what that thing was. It was a person but they had wings on their back. Pure white wings like those of a dove. They had flowing blonde hair and in their hand was a whip. It was a god damn angel.

“I don’t see anything.”

“Shit, it went behind the wall. I’m not lying, I definitely saw a naked guy flying through the air.”

James was staring at me like I was crazy but I know I saw that angel. I keep my binoculars zoomed in on the wall but nothing happens. I watch and I watch but nothing happens.

“I think you were seeing things, Josh. I can’t believe you were imagining dicks while on the job.”

“No, I saw something. It was like an angel or something.”

While I tried to convince James about what I saw, the wall suddenly starts to crack. I continue to watch and I could see some sort of golden lights flashing behind the wall. Something supernatural was happening behind that wall.

“See, I told you I saw something.”

“Uh, should we report this?”

“Wait, let’s watch for a bit, and wake up Tari.”

James heads on over to wake up Tari who was in the back of the truck but he doesn’t wake up. Tari is quite the deep sleeper and has gotten in trouble for that countless of times. I keep my eyes on the wall and it suddenly breaks. Dust rises and I couldn’t find that angel even if I tried.

Eventually, the dust subsides and I could finally see what was behind the wall. There was a black figure and the angel in the sky. It kind of looked like a demon and an angel were fighting. The demon was tied up by the whip and the angel was sending out all kinds of golden apparitions.

“Yo, you two have got to see this. This is totally like a scene out of a movie.”

James and Tari both look through their binoculars and the two of them were just as shocked as I was. James dropped his binoculars while Tari continued to watch. He was wide awake and couldn’t keep his eyes off of the angel and the demon’s battle. James picks up his binoculars and all three of us were watching now. We continue to watch until their battle eventually goes out of view. It seems like they were heading inside of the city.

“Wow, that was some crazy stuff.”

“You should probably report that, Josh.”

“Wait, I think I see someone on the wall.”

After hearing what Tari said, the two of us look through our binoculars again. Tari was right, there were people on top of the big wall. It seems like someone was carrying some other people and they were running along the wall.

“Josh, follow them!”

“Alright, keep your eyes on them Tari and James report this back to HQ. I’m sure they’re going to want to hear all about this.”

|......|

“Are you ready, Jude?”

“Yeah.”

“Ok, let’s do it then.”

Under Fifi’s instruction, I create a platform for the car to rest on. Gareth drives the car onto the platform and it strains my mana with the extra weight. With Fifi’s support, we begin to move the slab of earth down the wall like an elevator.

Everyone was awake in the car but it was quiet since no one was talking to each other. Gogo was with Jill while Mako was with Lisa. Lisa had just woken a few minutes ago and Mako was catching her up. She was also comforting Lisa because she started crying when she found out Goldie had died.

William and Gareth were in the front seats keeping an eye out on our surroundings. From what they could see, a fence had been placed around the wall so there were probably soldiers patrolling the area. They assured us that they would deal with the soldiers if any of them come.

Professor Jane was lifelessly staring off into space. I’m sure she must be going through a lot after losing her entire family. I’ve gone through the same experience so I’m sure the best thing for her is to think things through. Whatever answer she comes up with, I’ll help her fulfill it. I promised Mary I’ll take care of Professor Jane so I’ll do it.

“There’s a vehicle coming. Once we get down the two of us will deal with it.”

“Ok.”

I reply before concentrating on getting the car down the wall. My mana was quickly being drained but it would last. After that battle with the demon, my mana pool’s container broke and grew a little bit larger. I was initially worried about Fifi because she could only use weak magic back in the prison but my concerns weren’t needed. I hadn’t realized it at the time but Fifi was the one who did most of the work when we first came up the wall.

I just trusted her and didn’t even think twice about whether she could do it or not. It seems like my blood did help power up Fifi by a lot. I thought it could have been her gaining experience in the time we were separated but I remembered that she told me that she didn’t fight much. I guess my blood affects others more than I thought.

Now that I think about it, that demon wasn’t attracted to my blood. I think I heard him talking about waiting for me to ripen before he drinks my blood. Is my blood like wine? Does it taste better as time passes?

“We’re about to reach the bottom.”

The platform lands on the ground and I could see a car approaching us. It wasn’t too far away and from the looks of it, it was a military vehicle.

“Everyone stay inside, we’ll go out and talk to them.”

Willaim and Gareth exit the car before standing in front of it. From their pockets, both of them hold out what looks to be badges. Gogo, Jill, Fifi, and I all lean towards the front of the car and observe the situation. It’s up to William and Gareth to negotiate with those insides of the vehicle.

Our fates are up to them. Whether we are captured by the government or set free depends on William and Gareth’s abilities. I don’t see how the government will let us go. I’m sure they’re going to have many questions on how we escaped the city or what’s happening inside of it. If worse comes to worst, then I’ll have to give myself up and have them let everyone else go.

They stop in front of us and two soldiers with guns come on out. Two of them were outside but I could see that there was another person in the car aiming their gun at William and Gareth. They were ready to deal with us.

“Put your hands up! Don’t try anything or we’ll shoot!”

“Wait, put your gun down James.”

One of the men had their gun ready to go but the other person stopped them.

“William?”

“Josh?”

“Wow, it is you, William. You told me you were deployed somewhere but I didn’t expect it to be Ostempal.”

“Haha, you’re as energetic as ever.”

It seems like the two of them knew each other. Gareth and the other person with Josh lowered their weapons. The situation wasn’t as tense as it was earlier.

“So what happened, William? Were there zombies in there like our superiors say? How was life in a zombie apocalypse?”

“Calm down, one question at a time.”

“Yeah, calm yourself, Josh. We have our jobs to do.”

“Ok, you heard him, William. Now both of you take off your clothes.”

“What!?”

Gareth was in shock at what Josh had said and so did Jill. Jill was covering her eyes but not completely. She could still see through the gaps between her fingers. The two of them were in shock but not William. He began to immediately strip.

“Haah, you need to change that habit, Josh. You’re always inviting misunderstandings.”

“Uhh, are we really going to strip, William?”

“It’s fine. Just take off enough so they can inspect your body. Josh probably wanted to say “take off your clothes so we can inspect your body”, but he left out all the important parts. Isn’t that right?”

“Yeah, I said that, didn’t I?”

Josh turned his head towards James for confirmation but he shook his head in denial. It seems like this person named Josh is a very laid back person.

“Now strip and also tell those in your car to come out too. They also need to take off their clothes.”

William signals for us to come on out. Gorou and Jill head on out and after them were Mako and Lisa. Lisa had stopped crying and was able to compose herself. The same couldn’t be said about Professor Jane. I spoke to her about what we had to do but she didn’t hear me. Everything I was saying went in one ear and out the other.

“Let’s go, Professor Jane. I’m sure Mary didn’t want to see you this way.”

She reacted a little bit when I said Mary’s name.

“Hey, hurry up in there. I know there are two more people in the car.”

They were rushing us so I grab Professor Jane’s hand and walk outside. Her hand was as cold as ice. Professor Jane was alive but it didn’t seem like it at all. By the time we got outside, everyone was being inspected. Their bodies were being patted down and checked for any bite marks or similar injuries.

“Ok, now you two strip.”

Josh said to strip but James assured us that we only had to be in our shirts and pants. James came to me and began inspecting me. By the time he got to my chest, he stopped. My shirt was tattered up so I’m sure he could see my scars.

“Are these scars recent?”

“No, I’ve had them since I was a child.”

“Ok.”

After he was done checking me, he went on over to Professor Jane. I’m not sure if she was going to listen to him so I go over and wait by her side.

“Ma’am, please take off your coat.”

Professor Jane takes off her coat but she didn’t stop at that. She unbuttons her white blouse before unzipping her skirt. She wasn’t wearing any underwear so her body was in full view.

“Umm, ma’am, I just needed…”

James tried to clarify himself to Professor James but his lips were sealed by hers. She held onto his head and had her tongue invade his mouth. One of her hands reached down his pants but James was able to push her back before she could go any further.

“Fuck me! Someone fuck me! Stick your big fat cock and spread your seed inside of me!”

“Ma’am, please stop! I have a wife!”

James backs away but Professor Jane lunges herself towards him. I come in between them and hug her. I can’t let this go on any longer.

“Yes, give it to me! Thrust your penis all the way inside and impregnate me.”

“It’s fine, Karla.”

“Fuck me! I know you want to fuck me! Stick it in my ass if you want!!”

“Let it all out, Karla.”

“Slap me or beat me. I’ll even give you deepthroat! Just give me something!”

“Mary, Goldie, and your husband wouldn’t want to see you suffer like this.”

“W-why! Why are you limp! Am I not attractive! Just give me some love! Someone, anyone!”

Professor Jane tries to escape my hug but I hold on tight. She pounds on my back but I won’t let go. Even when her nails were digging into my back, the pain is nothing compared to what’s she going through right now. Eventually, she stops struggling and hugs me back.

“I’m a terrible mother!! I abandoned my daughter and husband!! I even cheated on him with strangers I didn’t even know! I’m a terrible mother, a terrible wife, and a terrible woman, I don’t deserve to live.”

“Don’t say that. In the end, Mary and your husband wanted you to live. Live for them, live a life that would make them happy. I’m sure they don’t want you to suffer for the rest of your life.”

“I don’t deserve it! I don’t deserve it! I don’t deserve it!”

Professor Jane continues to cry into my shoulder as she denies everything I say. I want her to live a happy life because that’s the only thing I can do to appease Mary in the afterlife. She continues to deny my encouragement and complains about not being worthy of her life. It was irritating me.

“I won’t allow you to die! If you don’t want to accept the life that’s been given to you, then I’ll take it. I’ll give you a reason to live. From now on, Karla Jane, your goal in life is to become a better person. Until you become a person I accept from the bottom of my heart, I won’t allow you to die!”

I stared into her eyes and await her reply but she doesn’t answer me.

“Do you understand, Karla Jane! From now on until the day I accept you, you must live a life I approve!”

“O-ok.”

“Good, then get dressed. Mako and Lisa help clean Karla up.”

Mako and Lisa come on over and takes Karla behind the car. From what I hear, they were cleaning her body with water magic so it's fine. I go on over to where William and Gareth were. From a distance away, I could see other cars approaching us.

5