025. Artemisia
2.4k 10 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Boom*

A sound like an explosion could be heard from the direction of Training Ground 2, which is currently being used for Combat Strategy lessons for all twelfth year students. The dust that rises because of a kick from Selina that misses and does not hit its target namely Arthur obscures the view of the people.

"Págosfí!" Selina exclaimed loudly.

Ice travels from Selina's right foot that touches the ground to the entire surface of the Training Ground 2. The ice continues to spread until it forms a floor of ice that shines in the sunlight.

Arthur who slipped due to the magic of Selina immediately bowed his head trying to avoid the next kick from Selina. After successfully evading, Arthur immediately distanced himself from Selina.

"Mágmafí."

The area around Arthur became hot like lava until it melted the ice floor that Selina produced by magic completely.

Arthur then used Reinforcement magic and lunged at Selina. Both of his fists were covered in flames, the result of Flóga magic.

Selina, who was stunned because Arthur so easily cancels her magic is a little late in reacting. She was late to avoid Arthur's fist thus having to pay the consequences. Both her hands that were crossed in front of her body and used as an impromptu shield suffered burns.

*Ish...*

Selina hissed in pain, but she did not remain silent.

"Lepída págou," an ice blade grew like a claw from Selina's toe.

Selina then pointed the ice claw towards Arthur's stomach, forcing Arthur to use a shield from Magma Elemental magic.

"Aspída mágma."

*Cesh...*

A sound like a hiss came out of the direction where Arthur's magma shield and Selina's ice claw met.

Seeing that her attack was unsuccessful, Selina prepared to issue further attacks. But she was stopped by the voice of Teacher Adam.

"Stop!" Teacher Adam shouted.

"Time has run out. Arthur as the Salamander dorm representative won a friendly match between the four dorms as the first winner and Selina as the Undine dorm's representative is in second place. For the third place, like the result of the previous match, Jackson was won as a representative of Sylph dorm."

"Tsk... Second place again...," Selina grunted to herself.

"Lina!" Alexa's voice calling Selina came closer until Selina felt Alexa's tight hug.

"Alex... Sorry, I can't win first place," Selina said with a contorted face.

"It's okay. You have even raised Undine dorm's rank, which is always ranked last. We are famous for Healing magic instead of Combat Strategy, so it's fine if you lose to Arthur who is the Salamander dorm's representative. " Alexa comforts Selina, who is down because she lost to Arthur again.

"You'd better heal the burn, Lina. Look, the skin on your hands gets charred," continued Alexa.

"OK. Therapévo."

White light covered Selina's hands for several minutes until all the burns suffered by Selina disappeared.

"Oh yes! Do you know that Artemisia, who is the most famous alchemist, has now released a new product?" Alexa asked eagerly.

"New product?" Selina asked, pretending not to know.

"Yes, what Artemisia has just launched is a flying car. This magic device functions the same as a car released by Artemisia two years before, but the difference is that this car can fly in the air. My dad really likes the car he has but this time he intends to sell it to increase funds to buy a flying car."

"Is your father short of money? As far as I know, Marquis Chronos is one of the richest nobles in the Seraphium Kingdom," Selina asked confused.

"Ahahaha... My father is not short of money, it's just that my mother forbade my father to buy a new magic device even though there are still cars that have the same function."

"Ooh..." Selina's mouth opened to form the letter O.

During these ten years, Selina has become a full-grown alchemist. Under the name Artemisia which means a gift from the Goddess Artemis, a name that comes from Earth, Selina launched her handmade products.

The first product, the alarm clock, reaped a successful result so that the alarm clock she created couldn't meet the demand. From Selina's problem of not being able to meet the market's needs and because she didn't have alchemist apprentices who could be employed to help her, Selina decided to make her first big project.

Selina's first big project was to create a magic device that functions like copy-paste on a computer in her previous life. By providing all the materials needed to make a magic device, this magic device can mass-produce the exact same magic devices as the target magic device. She names her magic device Ektypotís.

It was because of the Ektypotís that the name Artemisia became famous not only in the Seraphium Kingdom but also in the Luther Continent. This is because with the existence of this magic device, the cost of producing a magic device can be cut and the price of the magic device is also not as expensive as it used to be.

After successfully making Ektypotís, Selina made a large version of Ektypotís so that she could mass-produce cars and flying cars that she made after succeeded in making Ektypotís. She kept the large Ektypotís in the basement of her house which had been made over to be able to accommodate all the magic devices made by Selina.

Everyone wants to know who Artemisia really is because she never appeared in public, they only knew that the gender of Artemisia is a woman. Selina certainly doesn't want to appear in public because she doesn't want her privacy being violated by her fans. For example, just look at Selina's uncle, Leo Zodiva. He and his family even had to be guarded twenty-four hours a day by a bunch of bodyguards because there was an incident when a fan broke into his house to observe his daily life. Selina doesn't want the same thing to happen to her, moreover, she is a teenage girl. Bad things could happen to her.

27