14- The woman under the velvet hat
712 6 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo!

If you like the chapter don't forget favorite, follow and add it your reading list.

Enjoy!

Marshal landed on the edge of her window. Her fingers slipped and a strange sound came off the guitar. She stared, her blue eyes shimmering with affection as she bit her lower lip. 

"As handsome as ever, my man."

Marshal squatted, his hand combed her silver hair as he stared at her eyes for minutes. He gave off a relieving sigh, she wasn't hurt anywhere.

"you shifted your stare, my win," she said leaning her guitar against the wall.

"What if you win?"

"You prepare the water."

He flexed his cheek in annoyance. Her bed was tidy and clean, her perfume was everywhere, her elegance was spreading as she walked. In the middle of the room, she spun showing off her white dress. She looked at him with half a glance, "What do you think?"

The old man rose his eyebrows, "What do you mean," and sneered.

"Such trash,"

"You are just amazing."

Hearing this her cheeks glowed with a fade pink, she walked to him, pulled him to the bed's edge, and threw herself in bed.

"I've been longing for your attention for a long time now," she said, "Stare at me, touch my hands, flirt, forget about your shower and hug me," her eyes shimmered.

Marshal took off his clothes and slipped into the bed. As he slipped one hand under her head, his phone rang.

"A message?" she asked.

"Ignore it."

"No, you shouldn't. it might be important."

"Nothing is more important than this time..."

She looked at his eye, she had been knowing him for thousands of years now, his eyes were lying… a vein popped up her forehead as she rode on his belly.

"Forceful?" he grinned.

She smiled, touched his cheek, and slid her hands around his neck.

Then choked him.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Who is she?" she asked, "You are lying, the one on the phone is important," she extended a hand to his clothes and took out the phone.

She touched the finger sensor but it didn't unlock.

"You removed my fingerprint!" one of her eyes sobbed, "just why did you come to help me?"

she hammered his chest, "was I such a simple woman for you?"

Marshal looked around flexing his cheek in boredom, they have been married for thousands of years and she never got bored of this habit.

"You! don't you talk? why don't you defend yourself? you are bored right? living with young human females made you forget me right?"

A vein popped up his head, "Just try unlocking it again."

Both of her hands trembled, "What's this tone? why are you getting mad? You really don’t love me anymore?"

"Just do it!"

She trembled, looked at the phone, and slowly touched the finger sensor again. 

*click* the phone was unlocked.

"It stayed with me for years, just forgive its mistakes." 

Still, she didn't look at him, she was reading the message, her face breaking into tears and her legs flexing around his torso…

"Hey, that hur-" and she interrupted him, "Dad, I miss?" she muttered, "dad when will you return?"

Marshal then remembered, he had yet to tell her about Ray.

"Look, he's not my biological son-" and she interrupted again.

"Your new woman's son? and you took him in because you love her so much and accepted even her son?"

She pulled the bedside table's drawer and took out a scissor, "I will cut the problems' root for you."

Marshal's eye widened "Wait! Wait! Wait!" he shouted both of his hands grasping hers, "I haven't touched a woman I swear, I adopted him, I took him from the streets and rose him, that's all, look at the pictures, at my chatrooms, there is no woman, even my female subordinates are reached by my male subordinates! Really." 

Marshal gasped, it's been a long time since he lost his cool, it was close, her eyes were deadly serious. The root of problems he had been together with for tens of centuries was a hair away from getting cut off...

"Really?" she looked at the side, her eyes shimmering innocent, if not for the scissors by her hand he would have classified her as an angel.

"Really really," he said taking the scissors out of her hand and hugging her down in bed. However, she ignored his attention and touched the gallery icon, there was a whole album with over two thousands picture called Ray.

she entered the album and a shiver run down her spine, what was this? how can a human child be this cute? his eyes glowed, his angelic smile emitted warmth to her heart and she began unconsciously crying, she looked at Marshal.

"I'm returning with you, I want to see him." 

Marshal didn't reply.

"He's your son, which means mine right? I wanted a child, for all of these centuries, I wanted to see my child again Marsi." 

She never forgot, she could never forget, the child she bore in her body, the smile that had made her every day once.

Marshal froze and said nothing. To begin with, he left this forest to forget about him, and she stayed in this forest to stay beside his tomb. And never forgot him. It might be really better for her to see Ray, that might let her take the long-awaited step to move over.

Marshal smiled, as he hugged her again, "let's go tomorrow."

She nodded.

And their night started... 

.....

Back at Sheria the rain never stopped. In the middle of the night, Ray woke upon light steps on the lower floor, he gently got out and walked downstairs, still, no one was anywhere, "again?" He told himself as he returned to his bed.

The rain never stopped and in the morning Ray walked down to the fridge, to find another three prepared meals there. he closed the fridge, took his umbrella, and got out. Emily was there smiling with her umbrella open, pink, and childish. She told Ray that she was embarrassed by it so they shared one umbrella, on the way she talked with Ray but he didn’t give her much attention.

"Is there anything wrong? Why do you keep ignoring me?"

She closed her shoulder to his, "Are you cold?"

"I'm revising the exam in my head."

"You are a serious scholar."

"I want to be a doctor after all," he said as he turned back.

"What's up?"

"I felt that I was being observed."

"Again?"

He nodded yes. 

These past few days were very peaceful, no demon was harming humans and the law was getting firmer by the security demons that wandered the town. However, he had been having a bad feeling since last week. 

When he walked he would feel something tagging behind him, when eating he would feel a stare somewhere at him. And when he slept a sound of footsteps would wake him up, he would go downstairs, but nothing would be there…

And the most abnormal thing was his three meals. Since the old man had left, he would find three prepared meals in his fridge every day.

Except for the day he kept himself awake to know the source of awkwardness.

"You shouldn't care, I will protect you," Emily smiled at him. 

Ray stared at her, puzzled. Recently, Emily was weird, was it his imagination? At least for this sentence, Emily would never say such a thing a few weeks ago. Not just that, Emily smiled! Emily became able to give truthful smiles out of nowhere. 

She became more curious about him and always asked about his personal life and sometimes told him to tell her if he had anything awkward. 

"don't look at me like this, I'm pretty strong."

"No, I just thought you were energetic today."

She stopped, touched Ray's hand, and move the umbrella a little to the side, "Because there's no sun today. Sun makes me want to faint."

"You are so sensitive."

"A woman should be like this," for sure this line was weird for the previous Emily…

Ray sighed. Something was off. Nah, a lot of things were off, he really missed the old man. 

"Look Ray!"

Emily unlocked her smartphone and entered a social media program called Typebook "My mental age is 64, great right?" 

"What's this?"

"it's a quiz, it popped amidst the program and I took it, they are pretty entertaining. "

"That's amazing, I wonder what's mine," and as he completed his sentence an ad popped into her screen, "What's this?"

"aah, this game again? it's gone viral recently."

The video showed a person walking across their city looking for something while his mobile camera on, and then a monster a appeared in the camera, as he snapped a picture the boy shouted 'I woooon!'

And then the game's title appeared, "Find The Devil."

"I really don't like such games, if I were to play a game I would like to go to a game like Rise The Farm, or Build your military. I love such games, they let you interact with other players."

Ray listened closely but said nothing. He just glared at Emily, for a whole minute, "w-what?" Said Emily.

"You are abnormally talkative recently,"

"And you are abnormally depressed recently," the one who said that wasn't Ray or Emily, or the old man who had yet to be here. Ray looked at his side. The fence that surrounded this half-built building was talking... 

No, even if he was able to see abnormal things, a thing like a talking fence would be abnormal even for him. He focused at the openings through the fence and then noticed a grey eye looking at him...

The grey eye blinked and disappeared, and then the figure appeared sitting on the fence. 

"Hello! I haven't talked to you for a while now."

"Oh, the semitransparent demon! how are you?"

"I'm not a demon, don't let me repeat this a lot," If Ray focused he would be able to see a handsome young man on the fence, smiling and looking around with a calm stare. If not for his semitransparent figure Ray would really believe this nameless man was a human.

"Then what are you?"

"I, myself, don't know. The only thing I know is that I'm bound to this building."

"I see. Then excuse me for now, I will return later to talk. now I'm in a hurry, I have an exam you know."

"It's fine, I just wanted to say that depression doesn't suit you Ray, smile more."

"Yea, sure!"

Ray smiled as he walked away, as he turned at Emily his smile disappeared... He forgot Emily was here...

To begin with Emily knew he had something abnormal, and he didn't find it hard talking about supernatural stuff to her from time to time... 

But...

Even Ray himself thought she listened to him without believing... Talking to air in front of her... What was he thinking?

Ray stared at Emily...

"What?" Said Emily calm and normal.

She was totally ignoring his previous act.

"Don't you have any questions?"

"I believe in what you believe in Ray."

For a second Ray blushed, but only for a second, he ignored his abnormal behavior and continued walking along.

They reached school and in the classroom, Marie approached, she asked Ray to come to her house but he refused as his house had no one in.
"Now, all of you return to your seats, I'm having an announcement for all of you." Said the teacher as she put her papers on her table and waited for the students to return to their seats.

"I will distribute invitations for each one of you, give it to your parents, next week we have the teaching staff will talk with your parents. It will be something like a meeting to discuss your academic skills as the years have come to an end."

And then the teacher gave a few kids the invitations and these kids distributed them to the others. Ray looked at Emily but found her staring at the window, he smiled, at least this habit of her didn't change.

But Ray didn't know what Emily was staring at. Emily was staring at a young woman looking at their class. The woman tilted her black umbrella backward showing her black hair under the velvet hat. 

Those dead dark eyes never stopped gazing at her class... 

After she had noticed these stares, Emily looked at Ray and thought to herself: being tagged? it looks like stalking to me though.

 

42