25- Change- A Dream Should Be Enjoyed
436 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been three days since the old man had left and in three days the final exams would take place. During these three days, Ray was taken By 'find the devil' along with Saimer who was at the professional level. 

"There are no more worthy devils in Zumrat," sighed Saimer as he showed the screen to Ray, "Look, now there are only 3 d-class devils. It's so cheap, I mean I already have 10k points, why should I run after 5 or 10 points?"

Ray who looked at the phone asked what would they do with the points.

"You can enhance your rank, buy better weapons or MUCKs," answered Saimer, "I hunt because I like seeing my daily and weekly rank rises. To tell the truth, all games that connect you with the world are appealing for me- a person who had never crossed this town."

Saimer and Ray, two kids who had never crossed the boundaries of their town. Saimer told Ray that he had to go out, after all, he found it hard just to listen to Marie who traveled thrice a year with her family, or watching travelers on social media eating and laughing in different places. He also found some passion for reading about the touring forests some countries had opened for curious people.

"Ray, what's your dream?" Saimer asked, "I'm not talking about getting the first place as a scholar or winning a certain game, I'm asking about the biggest dream you have."

As Saimer said these words a cool breeze moved their hair, the smooth grass under their feet patted away their tiredness and cooled down their energy. Looking at Ray who was scrubbing his chin in thought Saimer sat on his butt and stared at Ray.

"I believe you have a dream because you're a multitalented person."

"Of course I have, It's just that people are thinking it's not my true dream so I'm doubting it recently."

"I won't doubt it so tell me," Saimer looked serious and caring, his smile was gentle and his long eyes didn't flicker. It seemed that even Saimer had some topics that he considered serious.

"I want all people to be good. I want to be something like a man who hurt bad people and helps those who are in need," Ray put his phone back inside his pocket as he said, and when he sat on the grass he blushed a bit feeling how unrealistic his dream was.

But when he noticed how wide Saimer's long eyes were he giggled, "I told you it's doubtable."

"No, no no! I was just thinking that was like Justice-Man."

Ray flexed his eyes at Saimer.

"Don't you know justice man?"

"I know, a person who stops bad people."

Hearing that Saimer laughed and opened his phone, with a few clicks he showed Ray a picture of a comic book,  "Justice man is a popular comic, the main character has superpowers and the way he justifies his actions is so cool," Saimer smiled, "wait I'll send you the first volume. Read it today, it might help you."

And after a few clicks, Ray's phone rang with a receiving notification.

"My dream is to become a streamer," Saimer stood as he looked at Ray, "I want to have lots of followers and want to show them everywhere I visit and every game I play."

Ray listened and processed Saimer's dream, he found it good, but it was lacking… as Ray's understanding of dreams was shallow he translated dreams to be things that will benefit everyone… Because his dream was a dream like that, but he didn't understand the benefits Saimer's dream would bring to people.

So he asked, "Why?"

"What do you mean by why?"

"Why is this your dream? Why did you choose it instead of other dreams?"

Ray said and waited for an answer as both of his blue eyes focused on Saimer's lips. Yes, this answer might lead him to the reason why no one believed in his dream, why even his old man told him to change it. The truth he craved, the path to take might appear within the words Saimer was about to voice.

Saimer moved his lips, his face a bit frozen in puzzlement, "Isn't that easy? because it's enjoyable."

The words struck like a lightning bolt through Ray’s body. Crake said something like that as well, it wasn't just Saimer, it seemed that this 'enjoyment' was a condition that any dream needed. It was a common sense that even Crake mentioned. And he for some reason didn’t know about this condition's existence.

"Now I'm going to play video games at home, thanks for teaching me a lot but today I want to play to my heart content, let's study tomorrow morning."

Because the exams were approaching, the school gave the children a few days off before the exams for them to study better.

"It's important to study today as well, even if a little," Ray advised.

"I know I will revise what you taught me later."

And then Saimer waved at Ray as he got out of the park. It was a good opportunity for Ray, he learned a lot and he should be thankful.

But now…

He looked at his phone, it was 3 P.M.

He scrolled down his contact record and Marie's name come to his eyes. However, he ignored it and called Emily.

In a few seconds, Emily answered,

"How are you?" Ray asked.

"Great, I've just finished my bath."

"Good, I was thinking of coming to your house, because I have nothing to do and it would be a good chance to study more,"

"What now!" She said instantly.

"If now is a bad time it's okay I can come later at night."

"No! you can come now, I'm extremely free."

"Okay I'm on my way."

"Good, then see ya."

And she closed the call instantly.

Hi!

My tailbone hurts like hell but I bought some type of pillow that works fantastic.

I'm also getting better and will soon come back, so thanks for waiting.

The time I was absent I got five extra ratings... 2 three stars, 2 four stars and 1 five stars... Wow, a huge drop in the quality of ratings. So guys if you feel that the story deserves 5 Please do consider rating it because the story really needs that.

Don't forget to favorite, comment, and add the story to your library!

 

28