30- CHANGE- The Country That Lived of Human Trade{Sara’s POV}
421 18 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day when I was kidnapped came, the kidnappers knew that I was an orphan but they knew nothing else about me. But instead of robbing me, they offered me a job…

"Welcome to the real world."

It was like this, work with us or die. They were human dealers, they kidnapped people and took their organs…

"The work isn't dangerous because we are backed by the government."

I never knew the true face to Sheria, but I knew that Sheria had no financial resource. Sheria was a country that only imported, and from how Sheria people lived was a mystery to me, until those dealers clarified the matter to me.

"Do you believe in magic?"

That was the day when I understood the world I lived in…

The magic world.

In this world, there were magic and magicians. And Sheria lacked in that aspect. We had no mages and only lived a normal life. Actually all of the world was blind about magic, and only the governments knew about it…

Because it seemed that the government and all of its branches were just a frontal face. It was ruled by magicians from behind the scenes. The Mages and their organizations used the government to use people and to create circumstances to use the whole world.

And that was when I was told: "But even in the magical world, the superior ate the weak..."

It seemed that there were two great kingdoms in this world, and I knew about them, I knew about the continuing war between them because it was basic information taught to us.

Lavastan and Rubiana…

The war between these two countries never stopped for the last three centuries, and as the greatest countries in this world and the most capable, the world was split into halves…

The countries that supported Rubiana were protected by it and promised not to face its wrath. And the same went for the countries that supported Lavastan.

If a country didn’t support one of them it would get invaded by them and later be joined to one of the two alliances forcefully.

The countries supported one of the two great kingdoms by paying them and taking their services, so most of the world's countries were forced to live on the products these two kingdoms produced, they were prevented from creating anything on their own… Even the agriculture of the world was regulated by these two countries.

But there was something I didn't understand, "from where are we getting the money to spend on the great kingdom?"

That was the question that broke the world for me… 

The question that clarified everything…

Sheria was so lose about prostitution, adultery was a respective job and it was so popular in the nightlife…

Because it was the hidden source for money for Sheria…

Sheria had great numbers of orphanages. Every year tens of thousands of children would be sent into the orphanages… 

And a lot of those children were lost upon graduation… Just like me right now, kidnapped by those people, and was forced to choose either to work for them or die.

"Sheria supports Lavastan and send them humans or organs every year for incredible amounts of money."

The source of life for Sheria, was human trade… Humans were only instruments for a country to live, I was born not because it was a mistake, but because it was so normal and every prostitute was encouraged to give birth to a child…

"In Sheria, the prostitutes are paid for all their pregnancy period without doing anything, and are spoiled during that period… For a prostitute whose only purpose of life was to work as an instrument for the pleasure of men, having such a long holiday wouldn't be so bad."

The guy who was explaining life for me was also an orphan, this work was for orphans who had no relative to take the lives of orphans like them.

The man also told me that most of the children and people they got were raised secretly in hidden orphanages. It was easier for the government that way, the orphanages like the one I graduated from were used when there was an intensive need because original goal for these orphanages was to be used as a camouflage for the real deal that was happening in the dark side of Sheria…

In a country where adultery was extremely and abnormally high, it would be extremely suspicious if there were no illegitimate children…

My brother and I were literally lucky bastards for reaching the better orphanage.

"We either send healthy children or adults to fight for those countries or send them organs to use as they please..."

A constant war that didn't even cost them many people was a pleasant plan for a great kingdom…

I asked for the reason war didn't end during the last three centuries and I was told that both of them are afraid of using magic. The war was carried by normal humans because magic was something that would turn the world upside down.

"Both of them have a weapon that they are scared of use. If they use those weapons the whole world might crumble."

The man said, he wasn't a mage or even had the ability to use it… But he knew about the basic knowledge for him to grasp the reason behind his work.

When I asked the man about what kind of a weapon that might change the world, he answered, "Archmages."

He didn't know what was deep but he knew that those two great kingdoms had archmages. They were considered the strongest two in the world, the archmage of Lavastan was rumored to be able to summon meteors to the planet, and the archmage of Rubian was said to be able to absorb such an attack easily…

If that was true, then it was the right choice not to involve them in any fight. 

Such a world, full of things I could hardly withstand was putable because I had a little brother waiting for me at home…

I looked at the man, work with them, or die for them. 

The man offered me a great deal of money, way better than selling my own body…

"Don't worry, no person will feel any pain, we use potent anesthetic and our work is super easy… And you won't be in charge of killing them, you'll just do the work of a nurse."

The man didn't need me, but it seemed that he pitied my life. He told me that I was different, that I deserved life more than the others and I should grab this opportunity and live a better life.

I would lie if I said the decision was hard to make, it was so easy because I was pressured into a corner. I couldn't die because I had a little brother waiting for me at home and I couldn't say that I didn't want to work with them… It was an easy choice.

And like that, I was pulled into the dark side of Sheria.

I was always out, I played only with dead bodies. After killing them and cutting their bodies, my job was to extract the organs we needed… I was told that even limbs were needed to attach them to a suitable person. An extra job to me was also to write the report of each person, where they were from, their origin, their blood type, age, and measurements when they were alive.

Most of the children came from the orphanages of the countryside, but the number of people that were kidnapped from the city was never low either…

…………

With time I got adapted to the work, I bought a fancy flat in the center of the city, and buying whatever my little brother wanted became my second nature. My view of the world changed and the things I was thinking were mysterious, now I think they were done by magic.

It seemed that because I was an orphan, there was no record about me adopting people. It seemed that the only information about me was that I came from Zee house. Which good, because if they discovered I had adopted a child, they would kill me for sure. That's why I went to my Zee house and bribed a priestess to falsify the papers and change the adopter of my little brother. It costed me a lot but it was for my brother.

Money is some type of magic as well.

Everything became possible with magic.

The death of millions of people overnight by an existence called the human reaper or the people lost inside the forests or the inexplicable occurrences that occurred in different countries…

All of them were things I now believed were made by magic.

Because of the human reaper, we had to kidnap more people to cover the quantities lost because of the crumble and death of other countries…

I hadn’t seen my little brother for a few days because of that.

I checked my phone, it was 2 A.M. 

It should be the time the guys get other people here. Because of the crumble of other countries and the increasing need of getting more people from Sheria, the government made a digital game called 'Find The Devil' and I can say it was a huge success. It got us a lot of children and youths and the police put the blame on anonymous hoodlums that weren't even existed.

I think that when the rate of kidnapping would return to its normal flow the government would get some random people and render them as hoodlums and execute them in front of the families of the people who we killed and used… Sheria was such a place, was always such a place.

"Sara the others came, come take the information. You have yet to transfer the data into the computer."

A guy I knew knocked on the door and I closed my laptop.

When I got out the fat guy smiled, "won't you let me do you tonight?"

"I told you how much you need to pay."

yes, I had no dream and no life to follow. My purpose in life was always to get enough money for my little brother to have a good life… And I was so satisfied with that.

In the same room, the guys who finished the mission threw two bags on the ground…

I ignored them and opened one of the bags, inside the first was a beautiful dark-haired child, he looked elegant and innocent but his swollen eyelids gave off a tired vibe.

"This boy is called Ray, he was adopted a few years ago from the M house… We went after him just because of the current target."

The current target was the target we were given by Lavastan, which meant how many people we needed to send Lavastan per year which was now many times bigger than the previous target.

"The second boy is the same age,"

I touched the other bag, opened it and before I could fall off the shock the guy said: "Saimer, he was adopted two years ago from Zee's house."

He was my little brother.

Hello!

Okay there was so much information in this chapter, that's why I will tell you in the next chapter the things you are wondering like she can just tell him that this boy was her brother and return him home. That will be explained along with a few other things.

Now, OMG, a lot of ratings in such a short amount of time. And I got two 1 star rating... I mean I've never in my whole life seen something deserves a one-star rating except for school days which really deserved zero!

The Important thing... Thank you, I'm really happy to see that many of you are liking my work. Actually, you may have not noticed yet, but I'm trying to convey a message in this arc, and in all of the stories arc... This arc is reaching its finale which I think is decent.

Love you all!

 

24