ANNOUNCEMENT: DROP/REWRITE?
1.7k 43 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

TLDR: this story suspended, will probably rewrite.

Dear readers,

I have decided, after I had a mentally exhausting couple of days, to effectively delete this version of the story. Writing this story has often been very fun, providing an outlet for me to express my creative interests and engage with characters who I sincerely enjoy, whose potential I have been looking forward to. I appreciate that many people also sincerely enjoy the story, to the point that I was just this last week in the process of making a Patreon for those people who had expressed a desire to contribute.

In the end, however, I have decided to take down this story because I have reached a conclusion: there are elements of this story which have made me question what on Earth I was doing. There are numerous factors which have built up to this decision, and one of the early ones effectively destroyed my self-confidence in the series, to the point that it is difficult for me to recommend the series. (It does not help that I have to visually see this particular factor on my story's page.) The deciding factor is an ethical problem in the story which was built up from the earlier chapters, however, and cannot be easily written away without it being terrible writing. Due to my lack of thoughtfulness, this fact only recently hit me, and I am unable to leave the story up without feeling like a horrible person.

I will therefore begin making private all chapters which make up this series, and you may expect these to begin disappearing from public view on Saturday. I had considered leaving this series up, but eventually decided against it.

However, as I said, I also love the characters I have made, and have enjoyed the world I have created. The reason why I am going to make the chapters private is so that I can review the comments left behind, and incorporate feedback into a potential rewrite which does not include these problematic aspects, and improves other areas as well. There is a chance plot beats might shift, though the overall progression would likely remain the same. If you have any comments, critiques, et cetera, please leave them here and even for particular chapters.

Finally, if I do publish a rewrite, I will provide a link to it through another announcement chapter for this story. It would likely come out within the next few months, so I ask any of you invested in my story to please keep it on your reading list for a little while longer. If I do rewrite the story, I would also attempt to keep to a schedule and include a Patreon with advanced chapters. You can check out my Discord server in the link below, where I will post updates about any rewrite. In addition, for the interval between now and any rewrite, I plan on writing short stories to while away my time. I am aiming to release one on June 1st for Pride Month. The link to my collection is below, and I would be super glad if you checked it out.

I wish you all a better reading experience,

Lacy

 

Short story collection: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/289592/lacys-short-story-corner/

Discord: https://discord.gg/BUQQmGz

21