Chapter-3 Tournament Begins
521 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The news of the Tournament soon spread throughout the whole sect. All the desciples were excited to hear this as they have never seen all the geniuses of the sect fight among themselves. Various speculations were made such as who will be in the top five or who will win between Zhou Shangchen and Yan Murong.

As the tournament got closer the participants started making preparations and all of them went into secluded cultivation. Secluded cultivation of seven days were nothing but mere seconds for Heavenly cultivators. But still they didn't spare any effort to improve themselves as this tournament would decide the representatives of the sect in the upcoming Moon Tournament.

Second young mistress Yan Murong also went into secluded cultivation and no one was allowed to meet her during this period except Ling. Her maids and guards were surprised by this order but they didn't question her decision. Ling came everyday and  after staying for three hours he would always take his leave.

Seven days went by in a flash. The day for the tournament that everyone was waiting for finally came. The tournament was held on the Central Ring of the Central Region. It was the largest tournament ring in the sect. Tournaments were a common thing in Sects like Twilight Moon. But this was the third time that they have used their largest ring to hold a tournament. The first time it was used to hold a National tournament of Clear Sky Nation. And the second time it was used to hold a competition between the practitioners of the fifth ranking Twilight Moon sect and the seventh ranking Divine Feather sect. So anyone could understand that this tournament was very important for the sect.

Almost all the practitioners of the sect came to watch the tournament. As there were no seating arrangements made this time, they swarmed around the arena and stood under the blazing sun. No matter what, they had to see it as this was once in a life time opportunity. Seats were only prepared for the Sect master and elders of the sect. Sect master Lieyan Zhixin took the highest seat and right beside him the two grand elders of the sect were seated. Slightly Beneath them, all the other elder took their respective seats. There were two more seats on the left side of the arena but they were empty. All the forty three elders and two grand elders were present along with the sect master himself. They didn't release any aura but the pressure emaneting from them was terrifying.

The participants started entering the arena. Soon all the participants entered the arena as their servants stood outside. They greeted the sect master and elder with a bow.

“ As all of the participants have come here, we may start the tournament now. But before that sect master wants to say something to all the young practitioners. ” Grand elder Zhou Lie shouted loudly.

Sect master looked at the ten participants and said solemnly “All of you young practitioners are our sect's future. As you already know, the Moon Tournament is only three weeks away. This tournament is held to select the best five of you who are regarded as the top ten geniuses of our sect. The five of you will represent our Sect in Moon Tournament which is a matter of glory and pride. So I won't tolerate any mistakes or cheating!! ” After that Lieyan Zhixin looked at grand elder Zhou Lie and nodded slightly. Zhou Lie stood up as he announced,

“The rules are simple. Any weapon and artifact is allowed. If one losses consciousness or gets thrown out of the ring or admits defeat, that will result in one getting knocked out." Saying this, he looked at Yan Murong and Zhou Shangchen who were standing right in the center among the ten participants, “As we already know. Zhou Shangchen and Yan Murong has already been selected as two of the five representatives. And they will fight for the position of the leader of the group after the tournament concludes . So we will select the top three participants as the rest of the representatives.

The fights will be arranged by drawing numbered cards from this closed box. All the participants except Zhou Shangchen and Yan Murong are to come forward to pick their numbers. Zhou Shangchen and Yan Murong, leave the arena for now and stand outside. With that being said, I hereby announce that the Selection Tournament has officially started.” 

As Zhou Lie instructed everyone, Yan Murong and Zhou Shangchen left the ring and the other practitioners  went forward to draw the cards.

“Sister Murong, why don't you accompany me till the end of the tournament? I have specially prepared two seats for us to watch the tournament. ” Zhou Shangchen said with a smile on his face, as they were leaving the arena. 

“Yes, young mistress Murong should seat together with my young master. Someone as noble as you shouldn't stand there with those commoners. ” Wing Chun said just after Zhou Shangchen finished speaking. 

Yan Murong didn't even glance at them. She was looking at Ling who was standing all alone among the crowd. As she started walking towards that direction she said coldly, “ I thank senior brother Shangchen for the offer. But I have promised my servant Ling that I would tell him things about the Moon Tournament and the other young masters and mistresses of our sect. So I would have to turn down your request.” 

Zhou Shangchen saw that she started walking in the direction of Lieyan Ling. He became slightly annoyed but said in a calm demaneour, “ I see. Then we will meet again on the arena. I look forward to it.” Yan Murong heard it but she didn't response as she walked away.

“Young master don't you think young mistress Murong treat Ling a little too well? ” Wing Chun said in a low voice. “Hmph! Let her be with him as long as she can…. Soon she will have no chance anyway!! ” he said in a heavy and sinister voice.

When Ling saw Yan Murong , he started getting on his knees slowly, but he was stopped

“You don't have to kneel whenever you see me when we are outside. Haven't I said this before?”

“My apologies young mistress….. it has become a habit for me. ” Ling said in a panicky. 

Watching this young mistress laughed lightly, “Well anyway, you don't know anything about the top desciples of the sect, do you?” , “I am afraid I don't.”, Ling replied. 

“I see. That's great actually.” Yan Murong muttered in a low voice.

“Hmm…..Did you say something young mistress?” Ling asked. “No! it's nothing. ” Yan Murong replied.

Seeing them talking with each other, Zhou Shangchen frowned deeply. He glared at Ling like a viscious beast who was waiting for the opportunity to devour him. 'You must die!!' he thought in his mind and averted his gaze from him.

Ling was slightly confused as he didn't know why Yan Murong suddenly asked him a question like that. But he didn't pay much attention to it as it was the first time he would be able to see a tournament among practitioners. And they were not just any practitioners, they were the top ten geniuses of their sect. He didn't talked much after that.

“ Senior sister Murong!!.... Brother Ling!!”, suddenly a soft voice came from a distance. Yan Murong and Lieyan Ling turned their heads sideways to looked at the figure who called their names. 

A young girl who looked to be about twelve years of age came running towards them. Behind that girl followed a middleaged man with a stuffed and giant body. He was looking at them with a smile on his face.

The young girl was wearing rainbow colored clothes and her beautiful red hair was tied in a bun. Her skin looked like polished white jade and her face so delicate and cute that it looked like she was a little fairy who came from the world of dreams .

“Uncle Shun!! little Meiyan!!” Yan Murong exclaimed in surprise.

“Haha! Last time I saw you….you were like little Alice here and only after four years…. you are all grown up and have become one of the top ten geniuses of one of the continent's largest sect. You have made us proud little girl. ” Uncle Shun said heartily.

“You are praising me too much uncle. Don't you have duty in the imperial palace? Why are you here?" Yan Murong asked.

“No, right now I am on a leave. Meiy'er wanted to come here to watch your battle so I also came along to take care of this little girl.”

“I am not a little girl anymore!!! I am twelve now!!” Xiao Meiyan shouted. “Hahaha! Right… right..you are not a little girl! ” Xiao Shun said while looking at her little face. 

“ Senior sister when will you fight?” Meiyan asked, “ After the tournament ends. The last match is between me and senior brother Shangchen. ” Yan Murong replied in a gentle voice.

“ I see. ” After that, the little girl came in front of Ling and said proudly  ,“ Hehe! Look brother Ling… I have already entered the sixth stage of Sky Star realm. Soon I will reach seventh stage of Sky star realm and then within one year I will break through and enter the Yellow Star ream. Don't you think it's amazing?”

Sky star realm was the first realm of Heavenly Cultivation realms. But still sixth stage of Sky Star realm at the age of twelve is a rare talent in itself.

Xiao Meiyan was trying to tease him. She knew that he had no cultivation but that didn't mean she was trying to disrespect him. Except Yan Murong only people who never mocked or looked down on Lieyan Ling are Xiao Meiyan and Xiao Shun. Instead Xiao Meiyan respected Ling in multiple ways. She always looked upto him like he was his own brother. 

“Hmmmm…. Are you trying to tease me you little girl?” Ling said as he stretched his hand and patted her head. “Uwaaaaa!! I am not a little girl. I have grown up.” Meiyan cried out as she was waving her arms up and down like a little girl.

“Hahaha! Anyway that's really amazing. I am proud to be your brother. ” Ling said and laughed heartily. Seeing him laugh like this, Yan Murong felt somewhat happy in her heart. Although Ling has served her for eight years, she has only seen him laugh like this a couple of times.

A thought came to her mind,

‘Just what did his brother do that he deserve such fate? ..…. Guess I will try asking him again after this Selection Tournament is over. ’ No desciples in the entire sect has ever seen his brother. That included all five young masters and mistresses as well. Everyone knew that his brother stole some important artifact but it is something they have heard from others. No one has ever met his brother. 

In the past young mistress sometimes tried to ask Ling about this matter a few times but he always avoided the question.

“The first battle is between third young master Yan Yulong and Shu Chengen. Both participants enter the stage.” fifth elder Zhou Hufeng shouted. Ling and everyone else turned to look at the arena.

Suddenly a figure from the crowd jumped on the stage. He was wearing black clothes and stood at one side of the ring. 

“He is Shu Chengen. He is an inner desciple and he is publicly known as the eighth strongest practitioner. He is at the second stage of Blue Star realm despite being only nineteen.” Yan Murong explained it to Ling. Ling slowly nodded in return.

“Ohhhhh! But still he is no match for my senior sister.” Xiao Meiying said proudly. Hearing that the other three couldn't help but smile.

Another person slowly walked into the stage from the outside. He was wearing golden robes and his long golden hair almost reached his waist. He was a boy but his skin was so smooth that it looked similar to Meiying's skin. He looked to be around 18 years and his face was pretty... Yes!!! Pretty like a young maiden's. His eyes were light blue and they were gentle and tranquil like still water.

“…… He?….he is the third young master and my brother Yan Yulong. Although he…. looks like that….he is actually quite strong. He only eighteen but is already in the 5th stage of Blue Star realm. He is also very kind but he doesn't go out much. That's why you have never met him. I am sure….. you will like him Ling if you meet him in the future. ” Yan Murong said in a gentle and confused voice.

‘….yeah…. first you better be sure that he is a HE!!!!’, this thought came to Ling's mind, but he replied stutteringly“ If young mistress praises hi…..him that much. Then I am sure that h….he is a good gu…guy.”

“ As both participants has taken the stage you may begin.” Zhou Hufeng declared.

As soon as he started the match, Shu Chengen abruptly released all of Heavenly energy at once making the air around him heavy.

Boom!

With a burst of energy released his heavenly energy as he summoned a long red colored sword.

“Aiyo!! It looks like you are really in a rush!! Why don't we talk a little about ourselves first and become friends…no best friends before starting? What do you say?” Yan Yulong said in womanly voice as he leisurely stood in his place without releasing any energy at all. 

But no one was surprised by this. After all there was three stage difference between their cultivation realms. No matter how skilled one is, there is no way one can make up three stage differences by one's skill  and Heavenly Martial Techniques alone.

“You!! You might be the third strongest desciple but that doesn't mean that you can look down on me!!” Shu Chengen shouted as instantly with a burst of energy he rushed towards Yulong.

“Huuuuu…. I just wanted to be friends with you though. ” Yulong sighed but he still didn't release any energy at all. 

Shu Chengen closed the distance between them within three breaths as he thrust his sword towards Yulong's chest. But Yulong didn't move. He slowly raised his hand. Heavenly energy covered his hands. As he made a fist to meet Chengen's sword.

“Ahhh!!!” Shu Chengen shouted crazily and struck the sword with all his might. The sword was just one meter away from Yulong's chest. But suddenly a lighting like fist struck his sword.

BANG!!

A large explosion happened and dust filled half of the arena. A figure flown out of the dust cage and crashed on the ground. Another figure slowly came out of the dust with a cold smile,

“This is why I told you….we should become friends first. Now that you have dirtied my clothes….I will have to punish you!!” Yulong said in a cold voice.

Shu Chengen slowly stood up on his feet. Blood was coming out from the corners of his lips but there was a smile on his face,

“Heh!! That's what I would like to see!!”

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Author's Note: If you think the battle tournament is  what I meant by heating up.....you are solely mistaken. Thank you for reading. 

11