Chapter-40 A Deal
213 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Listening to Tianying's proposal, Ling said in somewhat confusion, “Join the inner sect? But I don't have enough Respect points yet.”

‘Honestly, I don't have any Respect points at all. ’ Ling thought but didn't say that out loud.

“You mean to say you don't have any at all right? ” Sao said playfully with a giggle.

Long was jolted to find out that they already knew about it and said, “How did you know?”

“Hehehe! Junior sister Caihyi told us before that you were an Independent Martial Artist. So no wonder you don't know anything about us. I am the fourth princess of our sect and I am in the Monitoring division. So it was easy to dig up information about you. Oh! Don't get me wrong…we wanted some information because brother Tianying had already decided to ask you to join the main sect. ” Sao explained gradually.

“But it's really amusing. You have entered our sect three months before and you still haven't done a single task. What were you even doing? Don't you have any wish to enrol in the Imperial Army? ” Shun asked. To everyone, it was a common thing that Daoists would only become disciples of the Imperial sect if they aimed to join the Royal Army. If one could get into the army forces, then that would be the practitioner's greatest pride and honour. But Ling didn't have such intentions.

Ling:(-_-;)・・

‘Should I just say that I don't have any intention or interest to join the Imperial Army....no no no…that will be disrespectful..’ Ling mulled over as he strived to think of a convincing answer.

“You guys… don't put him in a difficult situation. And junior sister Caihyi also said that he had a master before. It's up to him and his master to decide. Just because everyone else vies to get in the Imperial army doesn't mean he will have to do so as well.” Meng said in a flat tone as he gave a momentous look at others with half-opened eyes to express her disappointment. From Ling's reaction, it seemed like she already understood Ling didn't possess any interest in the Imperial Army.

“Well it's just as she said, I will do what my master tells me to do. I haven't think about the future yet. ” Ling said with difficulty. He had actually entered the sect for resources, techniques and shelter. If he had said that, he couldn't even presume what kind of reaction he would get from them.

“Oh! Well anyway, About the thing I was telling you…so do you want to join the inner sect? You don't have to worry about Respect Points.”

Tianying paused for a moment to recall something and continued again, “ There is a rule that states if any of the elders or us, the princes and princesses recommend someone to the sect master then you don't need Respect points to give the trial. Of course, it's a regulation rendered by the Royal family.  It was made so that disciples with potential wouldn't be deterred in their cultivation due to the inadequacy of resources. Though you won't be given any extra Respect points. But you will still become a main disciple of the sect if you can pass the trial. ”

Ling didn't give an answer immediately and conferred with Vanisha in his mind, “What do you think? ”

“If you become an inner disciple then you will have more resources and opportunities. Although you may make a few adversaries by joining Tianying and their faction. But on the bright side, your cultivation advancement rate will drastically improve. So I think you should accept his invitation.” Vanisha said taking all the variables into consideration.

At first, Ling looked perplexed but then it didn't take him much time to understand what she meant by ‘adversaries’. 

There could only be one person who could become the next sect master, so it was apparent that there would be internal disputes among the different coalitions of princesses and princes. In other words, if he joined the inner sect with Tianying's recommendation, then to outsiders or opposition factions, it would seem like he joined Tianying's group. 

But since Vanisha stated that it would be better for him to agree with it, he didn't muddle his brain over this matter and said, “If you think I am capable enough to join the inner sect then I don't have any problems either.”.

Tianying and others were all anxious as they didn't know what Ling would say. One could easily see they were desperate to take Ling in. Only Meng and Caihyi didn't really look that much eager. 

When they heard Ling's opinion on the matter, they breathed a quiet sigh of relief. Then Tianying said with a bright smile hanging on his countenance, “Alright then. I will make arrangements when we get back to the sect. Then if you want to rest up a bit today, shall we leave tomorrow?”. 

Ling slowly got up from his bed. His body was covered in bandages and he was only wearing short pants. Seeing that, Meng and Caihyi suddenly turned red as they spun around and covered their eyes instantly in a flustered manner. Ling gave a small now of gratitude facing Tianying and said, “ First of all thank you for giving me this opportunity prince Tianying and secondly, if you don't have anything to do here then we can head out today. I just need to make a detour to the Mayor's house before that.”

Although Tianying and Shun didn't look much affected by Ling's appearance, still he said with a half-smile as his eyebrows were twitching, “You don't have to thank me. You were the one who saved us and you also have the capability to make yourself selected. And also you don't need to call me prince, you can call me brother if you want to.…and also brother Ling I think you should wear your clothes first.”

Ling didn't understand why everyone reacted that way when he got up but now he finally realised. But he didn't seem to mind it as he remained indifferent and said, “Oh! My apologies!”. Then others turned around and were leaving the room but at this moment Sao who was stating at him said with a cheeky grin and narrowed eyes as she tilted her head and touched her chin with a hand, “Your body looks nice and is really well built. If you don't mind how ab…hmm..mmm..” before she could finish, Meng slammed her hand on Sao's face in embarrassment and dragged her out of the room.

Ling:(●__●)

‘A pervert? I need to be careful around her.’ this thought crossed Ling's mind. Then he changed into his sectorial clothing and came outside the room. 

“Oh shit! I forgot to ask them about their leader.… Well, whatever…I will just ask them later. ” Ling murmured. 

After that, he went to meet the mayor of the town to submit the task and take his rewards. The mayor appeared to be a lot more respectful towards Ling than he was before. It was probably because of Tianying and others. 

Then they finally meet up again after two hours. It was already afternoon. Ling asked them about the leader and they told him that he severed his own life veins the moment the attack failed to eliminate them.

Ling was slightly stunned and everyone else also wore a serious complexion when they were talking about that. Just what could cause someone to become that loyal and obedient that the person didn't hesitate to severe his own life just to keep himself from being interrogated.

“The Revolters…. that's what they said right? We need to report this to the Royal army. It seems something big is going on!” Tianying said.

“If it is really something big, then I think the Imperial Army already knows about this. ” Sao said.

“Even if they know we have to do our duty. That group isn't something that even our entire sect can go up against. Although we weren't able to see the power level of that woman. But from the sheer pressure of her presence, It won't be an understatement if I say she alone is enough to destroy our entire sect. ”. No one argued with that as everyone couldn't help but agree with what Tianying said. 

‘Heh! If she wants to she could destroy the sect with just a flick of her hand. She is an Immortal Sovereign you know!’ Ling thought. He wanted to yell that out loud but he kept quiet as he didn't wish to make up any more lies.

“Anyway, we can talk about this later. Let's go now! ”. Tianying declared and they all started moving.

—————–———

[Place: Sistine Continent, Delmore Nation, Starlight Imperial Sect]

The next day at dusk, Ling and others finally came back to the Starlight Imperial sect. After they entered, Tianying told Ling to head back to his dorm for the night and the next day he would come to pick him up after discussing the matter with his father who was also the sect master. Ling agreed to his proposal and headed back to his dorm. 

After he entered the room, he let his body freely fall onto the bed as he mumbled, “Oh man! So tired….yawn….when will I get strong enough to live without food and sleep. Sleeping is just a waste of time….sigh.…”. Vanisha came out of the ring and materialized herself outside.

Seeing her, he said, “Hey come to think of it…why do you sleep Miss Vanisha? With your level, I don't think sleeping is crucial for someone at your level.” 

“Hmph! You forgot about the curse.…haven't I told you before that I needed to sleep to keep my curse controlled? ” Vanisha said.

But Ling retorted in a relatively sluggish way, “Heh! When have you told me anything about you? ”.

Vanisha was looked slightly affected as she said while knitting her eyebrows tightly, “You seem to have forgotten that our relationship is nothing but a deal! The day you fulfil your end of the deal, it will all be over. So why should I tell you about me? Oh, don't think that just because You were the idiot who spilt all his secrets and things to me, I will do the same. I haven't told you this before because I thought you already knew and experienced It yourself but you should never trust someone completely even if they are your own family. ”.

After listening to Vanisha,  Ling didn't say anything for a while. Then he slowly stood up and came near Vanisha to look straight at her eyes and declared with a serious and determined look, “A deal…I remember it very well. And you need not worry….as I have said before, I will do my best to fulfil my end of the ‘deal’ as quick as possible so that you can leave this pathetic me. ”.

 Although Ling would often say the same line whenever Vanisha ridiculed him for him being an idiot or incompetent, this was the first time he actually said it in such a way.

Vanisha went into a slight stupor as a conflicted emotion could be seen in her eyes but she averted her gaze as she spun around and didn't drag the conversation further. She was about to summon some herbs from the ring to concoct her curse repelling potion but she suddenly stopped and looked at Ling who was glaring towards the door of his room.

“Someone's coming. ” Ling said. Vanisha promptly turned into a beam of light and entered the ring again. 

*Knock* 

*Knock*

Ling slowly walked towards the door with reluctant steps. He stretched his spiritual senses to scan the person's Cultivation level.

‘Fourth stage of Blue Star realm…..and only alone. ’ Ling thought and opened the door. He didn't put down his guard at all. After opening the door, he peeked at the unsolicited guest as he called out in astonishment, “Princess Meng!” 

Next chapter on 09/08/2020. Hopefully you enjoyed this and tell me your thoughts in the comments.

8