Chapter 31
2.4k 7 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is the day we travel to the northern continent.

Everybody was quite excited. and once Sofia's guild members noticed my presence, they even got more excited when they saw me for some reason.

"Your big sister have a weird army, Tau. The moment they saw you, they got really excited."

"M-Mm."

"It's true that they are strange, Princess Titania. But there is no need to worry, as they are quite the powerful bunch."

"Strong, but strange... By the way, since we have 2 people here called Lillian, shall I just call you head maid, while I call you knight captain instead?"

"Why not muscle head?"

"Shut it, you ogre!"

"I'm no ogre, muscle. I am an oni. Let me spell it out for you. O. N. I."

"Do you think I'm stupid?!"

"Yes."

"Y-You!"

When the knight captain and the head maid introduced themselves earlier, they already had sparks flying back and fourth.

"You two sure are getting along."

"I'm not!"

"I refuse to believe that."

After everyone got ready, we boarded a large boat that was heading to the northern continent. It was going to take 30 minutes, since the boat was not really using sails, but a magical crystal for it's movement. This magic crystal also helped the boat to be quite steady in the waters as well.

Most of Sofia's guild members were on deck, ready for any sea monsters while the rest were just resting in their quarters.

It didn't take long until we met some fish looking monsters and flying bird monsters.

Of course, we can't forget about the very large octopus that the guild members had slain. I think it was the so called [Kraken] I've read about.

I later got told that the [Kraken] was an A rank creature due to it's size, and sea hazards. If it wasn't for it's massive size and the sea hazards, it's an D ranked creature otherwise. Sofia also said that the members were very motivated this time, which made the battle take less than 1 minute. Were they that hungry for sea food?

I heard you can make [Takoyaki] with octopuses, I wonder how it tastes like.

Roughly 30 minutes after departure, we could finally see the only sea ports in the northern continent, [Gerðr]. The capital of [Jǫkullgarðr].

After arriving to [Gerðr], we decided to head to the town called [Iðunn], which was close to the dungeon Sofia's guild were going, and the habitat for the [Moon Wolf]'s was not that far off either.

Walking to that town would take us 4 days. But we did not need to do that, as all towns and cities within [Jǫkullgarðr] was linked together with [Warp Gates] using ancient technologies.

[Jǫkullgarðr] is the only kingdom that still has ancient technologies and knowledge. All thanks to their huge underground library that they call [Database Centre]. The rules from 3000 years ago, just 500 years before [The Missing Gap], made sure to save all of their knowledge into their [Database Centre]. From very basic knowledge to the most advanced ones.

Of course, they never gave this knowledge to others. The reason why I know this is because Sofia told me about it while we were heading to this kingdom. It was quite interesting, since it was kind of a history lesson.

When we got to the [Warp Station], we had to pay a ticket. It's kind of a rail way system, but instead of trains, and rails, we warp to the location directly.

I did also ask why Sofia didn't just use teleport, but she told me that she can't teleport more than 4 people with the skill she got from this world's [System]. She said that could teleport everything using her divine powers, but that would expose her as a god, which would in turn expose me. She said. With a very serious tone.

I stepped into the [Warp Gate], and it felt like going trough a thin sheet of watery substance of some sort. Once I got trough, the surrounding area around me changed.

I looked outside the window, and what I saw was a beautiful town cowered in snow.

87