Arc 0: My name is Seth Chapter 5
1.2k 7 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next day afternoon

that 

Usually, Katie would have gone somewhere in the house but right now she's carrying me and holding me within her chest as she sat on the sofa downstairs. At first, I had planned to meditate again but since she's holding me I doubt I would be able to carry out. Well at least,  It's kind of refreshing and heartwarming the way she's holding me carefully while slowly patting me in the back at the same time swinging back and forth. 

 

It seems like I'm not the only that is enjoying this as even Katie is having her own bliss and you can see it through her eyes that were shining brightly like the stars and on top of that her eyes are one of kind as unlike mum deep blue ocean-like eyes, she has a bit of silver mixing it, if mum is like the ocean then she would be like the snow. 

 

At the same time, she keeps on singing some lullabies that I'm not familiar with but it's nice though and I can't help but smile in my heart as she's trying her best to make me comfortable and she keeps on singing till mum had returned home and that is when she had finally stopped. 

 

During midnight, when mum and Katie had already asleep I told myself that this time will surely be the time that I will constantly meditate for 12 hours without any disturbance and I wanted to see if compare to hours of meditating, do 12 hours make a difference? When I meant hours I mean 2-4 hours, although it's not a lot I just wanted to make an experiment because instead of doing an hour or two I feel like doing it for a long time is much more efficient rather than doing in a short time. 

 

'Mana Ehancem-

 

Wait!! Shit. I almost forgot that mum is beside me, how did I just forget about that? Luckily I managed to stop on time I need to be careful the next time. *Sigh* Just when I thought I could finally try I'm back to square one at this rate I will be restrained of potentially increasing my Mp. Perhaps I need to wait for years before I can actually show what I'm capable of having the system as my support. 

 

1 month later        

 

I counted by my fingers and it has been 1 month since then, after using both of my skills for so many times I've managed to complete two of the missions and currently, I have 10160EP which is showing that I'm making progress and since I've completed most of the missions I'm only left with the last two which I thought I could finish it by last month however it looks like increasing the rank of my skills is not easy as it seems despite that, I'm not willing to give up.  

 

Other than that, this one month has been pretty normal like the first few days of my life when I reincarnated here like mum going to her workplace, Katie singing some lullabies, me working on my skills and I still couldn't overcome my embarrassment when mum fed me as I didn't manage to hold on and be a bit forceful and when she looks at me I had goosebumps and I didn't know why but yeah it was a really a normal month. I mean what was I expecting out of it? I guess that I felt a bit dull being in a baby who would have known that even being a baby could be so hard? 

 

At least it's much better than being in that void for god who knows how long and I'm glad I have been reincarnated and given a second chance to live again and this time I'll make sure to live my life to the fullest without holding back.

 

But even though this one month was not that eventful it doesn't mean it's not fruitful and that's because of my Mp. The results of continuously meditating for each day did truly brought an amazing result and I admit that I had truly underestimated this skill of mine at first as I didn't know whether it had truly had an increase or not but after trying out yesterday this has brought me a new light towards the skill. 

 

If my limit during the time when I wanted to accomplish the sparks mission was 10, now after trying out and testing on how much is my limit yesterday I was able to do 20! I was mindblown when I did that and looking at those 20 balls of sparks made me shook in excitement as I find it unbelievable.

 

If mum saw this she will think that I am sort like an abnormal baby but since I did it in secretly while she was working, she isn't able to find out and I hope it will still continue.  I felt like l was able to take a step towards my goal but I'm still far away from me but nonetheless, a step is a step and it's a sign that I have progress which I can be proud of. 

 

If comparing myself now and back at Earth, I would say that I have truly changed a lot in this one month. If someone asks me, "Could a person really change a lot in a month'' I would immediately say yes.

 

I still remember how shattering it was when mum and dad passed away and at that point of time my life was at the lowest where I wouldn't be able to climb back and return but something much worst has happened and it makes me went deeper if weren't for those moments of times and I've regretted making that decision but somehow or miraculously I was able to pull myself together and changed because of a certain individual and I wonder whether that person is fine or not I hope my death won't cause too much misery.          

 

Back to the topic, but what was I saying again? Oh yes! The person itself actually wouldn't realize they have changed but through the perspectives of others but when I think about it I feel like I'm a different person. It might be due to mind skill that I have bought but I can say for sure that compared myself back at Earth, I'm better. 

 

Usually, I wouldn't want to willingly work that hard to achieve something but now I'm even surprised by myself, you can't count my work on Earth as I was forced to and not willing to but overall I feel like I've turned out over a new leaf and now I can't wait for what the future brings me especially when this world has similar elements to those games I've played before.

 

"Seth, what are you thinking about I wonder? Perhaps are you thinking about me? Your sister?"

 

My thoughts were interrupted by Katie since she's still carrying me with her eyes looking at me. She asked me that question with a smile that could capture any kid's heart and I bet that in the future many young teenagers would ask her to be their girlfriend. I wonder how would she react? It would be funny to see her reaction. A few seconds later after asking that question she just giggled it off,

 

From what I've seen this past one month, Katie overall is a cheerful girl who wouldn't stop smiling whenever she sees me and of course she's caring and she's obviously the type that likes to eat a lot. Geez, I wonder how can all of the foods fit into her stomach do all girls have some sort like another stomach?

 

I'm sure that with these traits excluding her gluttony trait she would be popular in school and on top of that she has the beauty look even though she's young, but she's already shining brightly and in the future, her brightness would even be brighter and dazzling and that would attract others and fortunately that might be able to outshine her gluttony behaviour.  

 

After a while, Katie gives me a peck of kisses on my cheek and this has been going on for the last month and even mum does it too. I know it's their way of showering me with love but it's too ticklish when they do it not too mention instead one doing it one time they do it so many times and only stop whenever they like or satisfied and when they are satisfied they have this face of victory when they looked each other and when I witnessed I felt like both of them are competing.
 
Why are they doing that I asked myself but I couldn't find the answer so I didn't bother thinking about it and just let it be and it's not like I'm not enjoying this and in fact, I enjoyed just as much as they do but I felt so embarrassed as I still have matured mind so it feels kind of contradict? 
 
 
*Door sounds* 
 
 
I heard sounds of footsteps coming in towards the room, right now Katie is sitting on the bed and as she holds I am able to see who's coming but obviously it's mum coming in and because of this chances, there were times that I was able to have opportunities to see mum in her working clothes and have an idea of her working life. When she enters the room I saw that she had worn a mix of blue and red colour clothes.
 
 
It's kind of a nice combo plus with her silvery hair tied in a ponytail as she's wearing a soft red colour clothing that has long sleeves that reach out till both of her wrists with a short dark blue colour sleeveless coat and a long tight bluish-black jean that reveals her big bum. There are also all kinds of accessories that she has like for example, she wore a small gold ring that's attached to both of her ears, two emerald rings on her right-hand fore and middle finger, and some different colours of a bracelet she's wearing on both of her wrists. 
 
 
Those accessories might be magical equipment but I don't know whether her clothes are the same. If it is true then I think it would be cool, just imagine wearing magical equipment but in modern clothes.   
 
 
Instead of looking intimidating, she looks charming and captivating and no doubt with this kind of beauty plus her chest and butt, it would make men drool in lust and have weird thoughts. That father of mine where is he? He should be lucky to have mum, it's sad that they went separate ways I presumed. 
 
 
She's also holding a metallic sturdy kind of wand and there is something like a small orb on top of it.  All of these make me have second thoughts on what kind of working job she has. I'm starting to get worried about what she works as I'm pretty sure she works maybe something like hunting monsters if not then for what does she holds a wand?
 
If I'm not wrong, a wand is a magic weapon that amplifies the magical damage but it doesn't mean it could only amplify damages as there are some with the addition of stats or any other effects at least according to what I know from games, it might not apply in this world but a wand could still be considered as a weapon right?
 
 
Even though I don't know how strong she is but I wouldn't want my mum to go out hunting knowing that's dangerous I wouldn't want any accident to fall on her. Looks like I have formed another goal again and found another reason to be the strongest. Soon in the future, you wouldn't have to worry about hunting any more mum, I will be the one to make your life easy. 
 
 
 After walking through the door she walks towards me and knowing what she wants Katie passes me over to her and now I'm mum is holding me and she smiled in happiness. Oh boy, I don't think I will ever get sick of seeing this smile, I don't know how goddess looks but if I have to choose without any hesitation I would choose mum.
 
 
Mum started to shake her head at me making some I presumed baby sounds indicating that she's playing with me, oh well it looks like both her and Katie are going to entertain me again for the rest of the day just like any other day.

The year 2038 Month of Craox Day 22 

 

It has been 3 years since then and I have managed I find more information about this world. I wouldn't want to be clueless or have basic knowledge about this world and here is what I have managed to found through asking the system. 

 

This world is called Zenia and it has similar properties to Earth as mention by the system last three years ago but the only difference is that this world is somehow based on games elements but other than that there's really not much of a difference except the history about this world. When I found out about the history of this world I was astonished but before we come into that I need to introduce some basic pieces of knowledge. 

 

Like Earth, Zenia also has its own 12 months which are Naewth, Craox, Nebab, Zebix, Ualt, Qlyx, Tludept, Vlaxet, Kozats, Gea, Sawerst, Moonlight and each month has about 28-31 days each month which all added up to 365 days per year which is not so different from Earth but these names sound so...bizarre I would say.  It's kind of weird and how they were formed but it's not important for me to find out but what makes so special about each month is that all of them surprisingly have world based effect on the final day of the month which makes it so much interesting. 

 

When I asked the system about the effect it has shown me these and at that point when I went through it I was amazed and didn't think this kind of thing could actually happen and in fact, it would greatly benefit all of the living things in Ea- I mean Zenia and here is what the system had shown me.

Month  Effects
Naewth   Rate of recovery increase by 200%
Craox   Increases mastery training of skills by 50%
Nebab   Increase all stats by 20%
Zebix    Increases spawn of creatures inside dungeons and towers by 150%
Ualt     Increases Hp, Mp and Sp by 100%
Qlyx   Increases skills effect by 40%
Tludept   All dungeons and towers activities will be stopped and locked
Vlaxet   An outbreak of the dungeon and tower, all creatures from dungeon and tower will have a 70% increase of stats boost, 40%   increase of spawn
Kozats  Random effect
Gea   Random effect
Sawerst   Increase rate of drop and value by 10% and 40%
Moonlight  Increases Exp gain by double

 

 

Some of them are actually good for humanity's growth but I wouldn't say all of them are especially after seeing the outbreak. I was worried and I still am although three years have gone by which means the outbreak has already happened three-time there wasn't any danger I face in this place but what I'm worried about is mum. It's only on those months where she didn't return home for a couple of few days which she only returned with an exhausted face. I'm very concerned about her and this confirmed the kind of works she does. 

 

I swear that one day you wouldn't need to fight any more mum. 

 

Looking at the Croaz, Nebab and Ualt month effects, I was, in fact, able to increase my skills not only from E to D but also to C!! I didn't think it's possible to this way and I'm thinking that if all of us were affected by this then wouldn't it be so easy to power up? Perhaps is that why there is that effect on Vlaxet to make things balance? 

 

There were a couple of times where I have suddenly feel a surge of power and a couple of times where I felt nothing because of the random effects. I speculate that the random effects must have been based on other month effects which explained why it's not constant. 

 

Well because of all of these I was able to gain new skills which are so deadly after I cast it and obviously I didn't use it against someone.

 

Lightning Element A destructive force of element that can pierce through enemies and speed where enemies won't be able to notice. Current Grade Element is C.
Available Skills Spark, Bolt, Lightning Chains, Lightning Arc, Lightning Storm

 

It's miraculously that I was able to upgrade the grade of my lightning skill from E to C and when I tried using them boy those were some supper attacks move that shouldn't be used in a small area and what I mean is in this house. After one time using it I told myself I shouldn't ever use it again in this house unless I want to be found out by mum but even so I felt accomplished as I didn't think I would be able to unlock those skills. 

 

There's one point where I had asked the system about the grades of skills and how many are them. It told me that skills have 6 grades starting from E, D, C, B, A, and finally the most powerful grade which is S. Looking back at my skills grade I felt that I'm still lacking and weak as for sure compare S to C, it's too weak to even compare but I still have lots of time and even the month's effects are helping me out which make things quite easier to achieve. It feels like I'm living in a free world RPG.  

 

Aside from skills grade, I have learned that in this world all living beings are able to access the level-system which means every time they fulfil the requirements Exp, they would be able to level up but they can't infinitely level up as there's a limit level cap and in order to surpass the limit level, they would have to rank up or upgrade their soul grade in order to level up again.

 

Now it makes me think that soul grade is really important to rank up but I'm still a 3-year-old kid well technically not and mum wouldn't even dare to let me out hunting. In fact, there's one time where I jokingly said ''I would leave you one day" and the next things that happen make me feel terrified. I don't ever want to recall that moment again. 

 

Back to the topic, right after asking the system about how do people classify on how strong a person is and instantly when it explained I felt like it's too much information for me to take in. There were even vapours coming out from my head but nonetheless I was still able to understand. 

 

Apparently, the people have decided to classify everything about levels and Soul grades into ranks which I think they have made the right decision as it is so much simpler and efficient to identify.

 

Rank Level Cap  Soul Grade
L 1-10 Soul Grade 1
G 11-20 Soul Grade 1
F 21-50 Soul Grade 2
E 51-70 Soul Grade 2
D 71-100 Soul Grade 3
C 101-120 Soul Grade 3
B 121-150 Soul Grade 4
A 151-200 Soul Grade 4
S 201--300  Soul Grade 5
SS 301-500 Soul Grade 6
SSS 501-700  Soul Grade 7
Epic 700-800 Soul Grade 8
Legendary 900-950 Soul Grade 9
Mythic 950-1000 Soul Grade 1O

 

When I learned about this I didn't realize that I'm the weakest of all. It's such a surreal feeling when there's a thousand level but at the same time, I underestimated this world. I didn't think there would be that much length of strength that people, monsters, demon or any other creatures have lurking around and it makes more dangerous then it should be and compare to them I'm just a weakling with only their breaths I could be wiped out entirely from existence instantly.

 

Now I'm starting to be thankful that I have got the system as my support and way of gaining strength. Perhaps with this system, I would be able to gain an unbelievable amount of strength in the future. 

 

The only problem that I have with these rank is the last and the weakest rank which is the rank L. Who did that!? Did that person purposely make it like that!? He or she should deserve an award for naming it like that I might be the only one finding it funny but I stopped thinking like that as I'm...considered...as rank L. That whole time I was laughing at myself which I slapped myself afterwards. 

 

 

Aside from all of this, I was also able to increase my EP. It's an unimaginable amount and most of it came from the rewards when I suddenly accomplished a so-called 'surprised' mission. Previously, the only mission I left was to increase Lightning Element and Mana Enhancement skill from E to D which I successfully have completed and received 10500EP, and together I had 20660EP but then I received yet a new batch of missions.

 

Mission   Reward
Use Bolt for the first time 0/1 20EP
Use Bolt for the first 10 times 0/10 200EP
Use Bolt for the first 100 times 0/100 2000EP
Use Lightning Chain for the first time 0/1 30EP
Use Lightning Chain for the first 10 times 0/10 300EP
Use Lightning Chain for the first 100 times 0/100 3000EP
Increase Lightning Element Grade from D to C 10000EP
Increase Mana Enhancement Grade from D to C  15000EP

 

Seeing this new batch of missions I was too excited to complete it and of course, I did manage to complete all of it and at the same time, I was amazed by this new set of skills especially the lightning chain. It would be effective if I wanted to restrict enemy movements. Overall I was able to complete and gather 30,550EP which added up all to 51210EP. 

 

Again, I have received another new set of missions but that was not what makes me wait in eager. What truly made me be so enthusiastic about the upcoming moment was that earlier on around the last two years. After successfully increased both of my skills from Grade E to D, I suddenly received 2 reward boxes from the system. The reason why it rewarded me, it's because it's an achievement as I had increased the grade of my skills. I was a bit sceptical about where do the boxes come from but I bet it would say that my authority is not high enough and I just accepted it and move on to open. 

 

When I commanded the system to open up both of the boxes at the same time I was very much delighted and thrilled by what I have received. Normal Exp double boost card×2, EP double boost card×2. I totally had forgotten that I have a double EP boost card and now knowing that I have another means of increasing my EP I was content. Even though I can't use them well but they will have their use in the future.

 

So that is why I was excited about receiving the reward boxes and sure enough, I had received another 2 reward boxes from the system but when I opened I was caught surprised by what I have been given. Not only did I received another 2 cards of Exp and EP, but I also received an EP that is much as 5000. Now, I have gained another 5000EP which altogether added up to 57210EP.

 

About the new missions that I have been given recently, I don't think I will be able to complete all of it, not because of hard it is but because it's not possible to execute especially in this house. The new skills that I have unlocked is an area type of damages where it'll affect a group of enemies. I have tried it before and I'm not going to try it again not for now at least. It was such a disaster when it happened but luckily mum and Katie didn't found out. Nonetheless, here are the missions that I have been given by the system. 

 

Mission   Reward
Use Lightning Arc for the first 10 times 1/10 400EP
Use Lightning Arc for the first 100 times 1/100 4000EP
Use Lightning Storm for the first 10 times 1/10 500EP
Use Lightning Storm for the first 100 times 1/100 5000EP
Increase Lightning Element Grade from C t0 B 20000EP
Increase Mana Enhancement Grade from C to B  25000EP

 

Now you can see why it's not possible to execute them a lot of times but still, I received another 9oEP after testing out the skills. 

 

Having these new skills and gaining lots of EP is not the only thing that I benefit from. The most important thing that I managed to really increase a lot is my Mp. These 3 years have brought a positive result on increasing my Mp plus the effect of the months also affected my Mana Enhancement skill which is why I was able to increase a lot.  I can't give the accurate number but if we use numbers to scale to compare then previously my Mp is scale around 1 but now it's 1oo. 

 

Could I be so overpowered? I could easily shoot out a hundred of Spark but I don't feel too tired and I wasn't even sweating. Slowly and steady I'm starting to get closer towards the path. 

 

Alright, now it's time for the story about this world.

29