Arc 0: My name is Seth Chapter 10
1.1k 3 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The year 2038/Month of Craox/Day 25

 

Two days have passed since then and things have never been better, now my mind has been cleared and I feel like there's an unbreakable bond of strings connected from me to both of them.

 

It was really one hell of crying, I really let out all my feelings and now I feel much better and mum and sis for some reason seem closer than usual but I think it's okay. Maybe they're proving their words, other than that things have been quite normal. 

 

Currently, sis is practising with her skills at the backyard and since her arm has been recovered, she could continue with her usual practise but I've been contemplating for quite some time about whether I should help her.

 

There are pills on my system where it would be able to increase her stats and I don't mind emptying out my points just for that as I'm willing to go far for her, I have no idea why she keeps on practising till the point of injuring herself base on what she had already told me the reason why that happens and because of that I was mad and I even scolded her with her down looking so guilty.

 

So anyway if she has that high determination she probably has the same goal as me so should I help her?

 

Besides, with the number of points I currently have I'm sure it's enough to buy every pill for her but how am I going to say it to her? I didn't specifically identify on what kind of things I could exchange and if just with potion they are amazed what will be of pills? I'm sure it's unheard of in this world or at least something rare that couldn't be obtained easily. 

 

HAAA Screw it!! Let's just go to her

 

I scratched my head and stood up and walked towards her with my tiny legs, maybe it was too important that the way I walked was too stiff and I stopped when I was right in front of her in the centre of the yard. 

 

She was surprised to see me as she was too focused on her skill but afterwards, she looked at me and said with a cold tone "Seth? Why are you here? It's dangerous, get back!'' Her eyebrows were titled downwards showing how angry she is.

 

I didn't mind this as she's just worried about my safety and I get it. No one wouldn't want to get near that deadly skill of hers. 

 

''Sis I have something to tell you" I said to her ignoring her anger. 

 

''Sigh, What is it my dear little brother'' She changed her tone to a caring one while squatting down to match the level of my face. I could not remember what I wanted to say because her lovable face was distracting my thoughts. 

 

''Eh, do you want to get stronger?'' I don't know why I put it that way but let's just go with the flow.

'

'Hmmm, yes I do want it but it's not really that easy'' She said while showing a sad expression. 

 

''Sis, did you remember what I told you about my ability?'' I questioned her while anticipating her answer. 

 

''Yes I do remember about it, so what about it?'' She asked me. 

 

''Here try to eat this'' I stretched my right arm towards her and open my palm to reveal what I have. 

 

It's the Mp pill that I just bought, the moment I bought non-related skills stuff it will be immediately be sent to my inventory which only has a cap of 30 and I only needed to command the system to either automatically is absorbed or let it appear just like what I did.

 

I only bought one which cost 500 points just to let her see an example and to try one so that I could gain her interest and like what I thought and when she sees the small white pill on my palm she has an interesting look with a questioning expression.

 

I bet she's going to ask what is it so I think I should say it first before she bombards me with questions. 

 

''This is what you call a pill, it's able to increase your Mp quantity and it's one of the things I could exchange my points with'' I said it to her while smiling. 

 

''A PILL!?" She suddenly shouted. 

 

''Yes, a pill'' I said. 

 

Why did she suddenly shout? Is it something unheard of? Or is she familiar with it? If so then things would be much easier as I don't have to explain anything about it but why does she have that kind of shocked face where you find it unbelievable?

 

Her mouth was even hanging waiting for some flies to enter. 

 

''Seth are you serious?''

 

''Yes I'm serious''

 

''Are you really really serious and sure that this is a pill?''

 

''Yes Sis''

 

''IT'S AMAZING AND WONDERFUL FOR YOU TO HAVE THIS ABILITY'' She exclaimed excitedly while laughing like a madman.

 

''Ermm, is this really amazing?'' I asked her.

 

''You have no idea, Seth, what it means to have a pill. Let me tell you something about pills, first of all, pills they cost such massive amount of money and depending on how effective it is, it could cause up to millions just for a single one and what you're holding right now is considered a fortune, secondly, pills are not that easy to get as they are rare and even their materials are hard to obtain and the only one who can concoct pills are someone who has Alchemy as their skill and the only way to have that is either being born with it or get a skill book but even skill book cause hundred of thousands'' She explained while taking a deep breath as she had talked too much to the point she's panting.  

 

After taking a deep breath she continues with her talking. ''So now, have you understand how important and rare the pill that you're holding on to and how extraordinary it is?'' She said

 

''Yeah I do understand but it isn't that hard for me to get on hand of these, I could give you more if you wanted'' I said to her while pushing the pill towards her for her to use. 

 

''A-Are you sure Seth? This is too valuable, I-I can't accept this'' She said stuttering while trying to reject the pill.

 

''Like what I said earlier, it's not difficult for me to get, trust me sis it's easy and all you need to do is just accept them alright?'' I gave the most innocent smile and tried to convince her to take it. 

 

''A-Alright, if you say so'' She grabs the pill from my palm using her right hand and drops it on her mouth, I had observed and found it amusing that every second she has a different kind of expression from being disgust to being pleased.

 

Looking at her smiling I assumed that she must have felt some kind of energy gushing inside her body but I didn't think that afterwards she had hugged me and squeezed me so tight that I was in her bosom and because of that I was blushing in red but luckily she wasn't able to see that. 

 

''Thank you, Seth, really thank you Seth'' She thanked me for god who knows how long.

 

After waiting for her to stop I asked her about the result. ''So how is it Sis, did it work?'' Although the pills from the system benefit me I don't know whether its effectiveness is only exclusive to me or is it available to anyone and so this is my first time using it on someone else besides me but looking at her cheering I think it was working but I want to hear the words from her to confirm this. 

 

''Yes it work, I could feel a small amount of energy coursing inside my body even though it's faint but nonetheless I'm thankful and grateful for the pill Seth'' She said with a cute expression showing how beautiful she is and for a moment my heart went ba-dump, luckily it was not too obvious on my face or else I would have been too embarrassed.

 

''But do you want more sis?'' I looked at her and asked

 

She had a shocked face with her eyes wide open as though she can't believe what she has just heard. ''Seth y-you have more of those?" She said. 

 

Wasn't she paying attention that I could exchange points with the pills? Oops, I didn't explain the points yet and how many each of them needs but whatever it'll be too complicated.  

 

''Yeah, so do you want more?'' I gazed at her shocking face. 

 

''Y-Yes please!!'' She said while shaking her up and down profusely as though begging me. 

 

''Alright this might take a while so I need you to be patient for a couple of minutes" Since I needed to buy a lot of things I need to focus for a few minutes and Katie has a questioning look but I ignored it. 

 

'System Shop filter pills' I specifically command to open up the pills section only. 

 

*Ding* *Ding*

 

 

Pills Description Price
Low-Grade D Hp enhancement pill  A grade D of low purity that can increase Hp by 1. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Hp   500EP
Low-Grade D Mp enhancement pill  A grade D of low purity that can increase Mp by 1. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will have not increase Mp   500EP
Low-Grade D Sp enhancement pill  A grade D of low purity that can increase Sp by 1. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Sp   500EP
Med-Grade D Hp enhancement pill  A grade D of med purity that can increase Hp by 2. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Hp   1000EP
Med-Grade D Mp enhancement pill A grade D of med purity that can increase Mp by 2. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Mp  1000EP
Med-Grade D Sp enhancement pill A grade D of med purity that can increase Sp by 2. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Sp  1000EP 
High-Grade D Hp enhancement pill A grade D of high purity that can increase Hp by 3. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Hp  2000EP
High-Grade D Mp enhancement pill A grade D of high purity that can increase Mp by 3. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Mp  2000EP
High-Grade D Sp enhancement pill A grade D of high purity that can increase Sp by 3. The maximum intake per person is 10. Further intake will not increase Sp  2000EP

 

Currently, I  have 57,210EPwhich means if I calculate everything together and if each different purities of Mp pill can only be taken ten times that it'll cost around 35,000EP which would only leave me with 22,210. I think it's enough for me to have that leftover amount as currently, I don't think I need Mp pills but in the future, I'll need to amass a huge amount of points. I wonder if I can ask mum for help? Let ask her later on. 

 

 

When a screen that displayed the number of pills I can buy upright in front on of me, I might look like someone who's crazy because Katie had a puzzled face when she stares at me, my face was facing her face but what I'm focusing is on this blue screen so that's why she's a bit puzzled but I don't need to worry about that as all of this will end in a few minutes or early if I finish it fast. 

 

*Host has successfully bought 9 low-grade D Mp enhancement pill for 4500EP, remaining EP is 51600* 

 

I forgot that sis has already eaten one of the lowest purity grade D pill but whatever. After receiving that notification, I move on to the next one. 

 

 

*Host has successfully bought 10 Mid-grade D Mp enhancement pill for 10000EP, remaining EP is 41600*

 

 

And the next final one again. 

 

 

*Host has successfully bought 10 Mid-grade D Mp enhancement pill for 20000EP, remaining EP is 21600*

 

 

Looks I'm done and now all of the pills are in the inventory slots and talking about the inventory I should one day find out the way to increase its cap because I find it important and useful for daily life but I'm not that rushing for it so I could take my time figuring it out.

 

Although the system said that each object takes one slot it also told me if I have lots of materials or any same kind of a thing, they would stack up instead of taking more slots which is pretty cool and convenient. It reminds me of RPG games. 

 

Since I'm done with shopping stuff I was able to realize that all this time Katie has been looking at me worriedly and noticing that, I said something to ease down her worriedness. ''Sis, I'm done so are you ready?" I tried to cheer her up. 

 

''Already? Although I don't what you were doing but let's don't sweat all the small stuff, so where is it?" She curiously moves her head trying to find where are the pills but little did she know that all of it was inside my inventory but thinking how am I going to take all of it out? I don't want to let it all out just for it to touch the grass which makes it unhygienic so is there some sort like a jar?   

 

''Wait for a moment sis" Since I'm thinking about a jar there's probably some in the kitchen right? 

 

I rushed towards the kitchen where mum was cooking some lunch for us and when she saw me she was surprised because usually, I'll be accompanying Katie and rarely step a foot in the kitchen. 

 

''What you're doing here Seth?'' She said while stirring the soup that she's making with a kitchen utensil and wearing that white and blue kitchen apron which I can't help but have some weird thoughts about it. It's only for a while that I was able to clear and came looking for what I was looking for. 

 

''I'm looking for a jar mum'' I answered her question while going towards the kitchen closet and when I opened there were tons of things inside, different kinds of utensils and bowls, whatever you can think of that fits and belongs to a kitchen.

 

Closet after closet there wasn't a single jar but after opening up the final one, I was able to found a thick jar, and judging by its size, I think it will fit all 29 pills inside it. 

 

''Found it!!'' I exclaimed. Before mum could even say something, I grabbed the jar and quickly left not to waste any more time leaving my clueless mum who's wandering what just happen. I don't know why I'm so anxious about leaving Katie for so long but I should probably hurry up. 

 

While on the way to the yard I quickly transfer all of the pills from my inventory to the inside of the jar which all of it was able to fit, I did this because I didn't want to waste any time there and right when I just reach the yard I saw Katie was folding her arms, her feet were tapping the ground, her cheeks were puffed and her eyebrows were titled down.

 

I don't know whether I should be scare and intimidated by this or laugh at her cuteness and seeing her checks makes me just want to pinch it tightly. 

 

She's definitely upset that I just cut her off so I need to explain to her or else I feel something bad is going to happen. I went up to her and apologize trying to seek forgiveness from her. 

 

''I'm sorry, I just wanted to find a jar that could fit all the pills inside'' I said to her while showing her the jar proving that I'm not lying. Luckily when she saw the jar her expression had loosened up and it changed from negative to positive.

 

I wonder how are she and mum able to change their behaviour in seconds, is that one of their skills or what? Should I buy an appraisal skill in the future? Yeah, maybe I should. 

 

''So these are the pills?" She was gazing at the jar that I was holding in my left hand and the way she looked was like someone worshipping. 

 

''Yes it is'' I confirmed.

 

''You should take it, later on, sis'' Using two of my hands, I present the jar to her so that she could take it. 

 

''Thank you, Seth, thank you so much for this'' She thanked me after taking the jar but at the same time patting my head. Even though her thankfulness and her action are small gestures but for me, it's something precious because I'm glad that I'm able to help them out. It might be my way of thanking them.

 

Since I was enjoying the pat, she did more and because of that, I enjoyed it more. 

 

"Hey, Seth I got a question for you, correct me if I'm wrong, but these pills were consumed by your points so why are you wasting it up one me?" She asked curiously.

 

Well isn't it obvious why I'm doing this? "I would do everything for someone that's precious to me" I gave her the most simple and clear reason with a bright wide smile. 

 

The moment she heard that for a second she had a stunning face but then she replied.

 

''You know I love you so much right?" She looked at me said. 

 

''Yeah I know" Why is she asking me this question, isn't it obvious that both of them loved me? Oh well, whatever. 


 

The year 2038/Month of Craox/Day 26

 

The time right now is 3 pm and we were eating our lunch in the kitchen and for some reason, both of them were on my left and right making me uncomfortable to eat as it was too squeezy and they treated as though nothing is wrong.

 

I just sigh and can carry on chewing my food since I can't do anything nor does my opinion matter, they just do whatever want to as though I'm just someone who only needs to listen. 

 

Anyway, I need to talk to mum about something important, important enough as it will decide my future plans if it works I may have an easier ride but if it does not then I'll just have to continue the normal way, it's not like I didn't include the chance of this way working or at least according to my expectations.  

 

''Mum, I need to ask you something'' I said to her. 

 

''What is it, my dear?" She smiled and answered while gracefully eating her food with the fork and the knife. 

 

''You work something like hunting monsters right?'' By now, I kind of figured out what mum is working as it's already obvious with the wand and kind of clothes she always wore when leaving the house but it's still mysterious on why would she wear a white mask? Should I ask her now?

 

No, I don't think I should, it's probably her trademark or something but nonetheless it piques my interest. 

 

''Well, something close to that but I'll tell you more about it in the future about what kind of dreams you have but to answer your question, yes I work something related to that'' She said.

 

It startled me a little bit when she mentions what kind of dream if I have but since this world has different continents and different kinds of places, I want to explore it. It's like having freedom, roaming wherever you want but of course, I wouldn't forget about mum and sis, I'll probably drag them with me or at least be strong enough till no one dares to challenge me. 

 

I'm already aware that this world is not peaceful, currently, the world is in pressure, even up to this day there aren't any peaceful moments especially since there are monsters.  Apart from dungeons and towers, there are unknown monsters or creature roaming around the world and their strengths is not something we, humans could challenge not even the people from other continents.

 

It's kind of terrifying when I heard that from the system I even have goosebumps but I don't know why I'm so excited and I feel so thrilled but because of these creatures, it's not safe anywhere but even without that, there are some evil beings lurking inside this continents according to the system but when I asked who they were it didn't answer me nor did it gave me a single clue which makes me frustrated. 

 

That's why I wanted to be strong and that's why I'm asking mum that question if she's able to do it then I might have a fast pace, I don't know why but I'm feeling that time is running out soon and it's making me anxious. Is it because something bad's going to happen especially when I have this mysterious system but oh well, it must be my imagination but I still need to get strong soon. 

 

''Then, do you have any monsters corpse currently with you?'' I asked her while gulping down the saliva through my throat. Every second are making me waiting anxiously while looking at her face that's just maintaining.

 

To be honest I don't know how the process of points works when killing monsters or any creatures. The system mentions that I could kill any being to gain points but this got me thinking if killing monsters provide me with points then do any dead corpse that wasn't killed by me would I also be able to gain points?

 

Because if I need to kill them then it means they would need to be dead for points to be gain, it's a bit confusing but basically, if I could somehow obtain points from a dead corpse then it would be a huge advantage. 

 

''Hmm? Oh! Don't tell me!'' At first, she was puzzled by what I was asking but after a while, it looks she had enlightenment, she bangs the table with her palms on the table creating a loud bang and because of that Katie and I were shocked.

 

Katie probably didn't know what's going on as she was peacefully and enjoying eating her foods and because of the sudden bang, she was startled. 

 

''W-What's going on?'' She said while looking a bit upset.

 

''Nothing sis, you can continue on eating your food'' I said to her ensuring that there's nothing wrong. 

 

''Mum it looks like you remembered what I told so is there any some?'' I inquired. Please tell me you have some, please tell me, oh god please tell me. 

 

I was begging in my heart wishing that she has at least some, although I don't know how high is mum's level I don't think she's that weak judging by how the way her equipment and wand looks.

 

''Sorry, I was a bit surprised, I do have some but the thing is I'm not sure whether it's in good condition considering how long I have left them inside but let's finish up the food before we get back to this topic'' She said.

 

Although she's having a maintained expression I could see that she's waiting and anticipating the outcome. Now, who's the one supposed to feel excited? I hope that their condition is at least fair enough but I still don't know does quality matters? Nevermind, I should finish up my food and then later my questions shall be answered later.

 

After 20 minutes of eating, mum leads me to go upstairs to the room where we always sleep while Katie going to the backyard to continue on with her practice. I sat at the bed watching as she goes to the cabinet taking something out from it and after she was done with it, I saw that she's carrying a bunch of different colours of rings like around 20?

 

She carried them with her palms holding up together while trying to balance. I don't know how she was able to carry them like that but it's not something I should mind about.

 

I questioned myself on why is she taking out so many rings and as soon as she's near the bed she tossed all of the rings on the bed and I have to admit, even though I'm not attracted to rings kind of stuff but these are some beautiful ones.

 

There were so many with attractive colours and different kinds of crystals orb in the centre of it. It was such an amazing sight to behold and I'm thinking that if these were to be sold at Earth, they would be probably sold at a high price. 

 

''These are what you call storage rings and they are created by the dwarfs'' She suddenly informed. Since I was making such an amazing face she might want to explain to me what are these for which now I have understood everything by what she meant of the condition states. 

 

''Inside these rings, there are different kinds of corpses and there are even some belongs to the other continents but it has been years since I've touched them, you probably wondering I'm still keeping these right?'' She looked at me and said while sitting down on the bed.

 

I nodded my head. How did she know that I wanted to ask that? Does she have some sort like a mind-reading ability?

 

''Pft, your expression is too obvious, hahaha you're going to be such a bad liar in the future Seth'' She giggled for a while before stopping and continuing on the conversation. Am I really going really that obvious? I was reflecting on her exclamation but what's distracting me the most was her laugh.

 

The way she laughs could never be so cute while using her hand to cover up her mouth trying to hide her laughter but to me, it even makes it more charming. 

 

''Anyway, during my younger days, I had some goals that I wanted to achieve no matter what and because of that, I think I worked too much and got too much stuff on me that I decided to purchase some rings to keep these but I didn't know at that point that I would be keeping for so long and back then, fame and money weren't what I was looking for and because of that they were kept in these rings never to be sold and even if I wanted to sell them now I think it's too late for that'' She said while showing different kinds of expression throughout when she was talking. 

 

I can sense that she seems a little bit troubled when she mentions her past, even though I'm that curious I probably should not ask something that she doesn't want to reveal but I wonder what her goals were if fame and money don't bat an eye to her?

 

It must be something too important for her but I felt my heart hurt when she shows a sad smile, seeing this kind of emotion I'm thinking that she might have an unpleasant past because who would show a sad smile while talking about their past? Unless it's someone you love who had passed away but I don't think it's that, I mean even if it is true then there should be times where she would at least reminiscent about her past but all these years there were none.

 

It could be that I'm still too young to hear any of that but I would have at least hear at least one or two things about my grandpa and grandma and the weird thing is that I didn't meet any of them which makes it so weird and suspicious.

 

I didn't get to nor the chance to meet my grandma and grandpa from my father side nor do I meet from my mum's side or any relatives and I didn't get to see my dad's face although there might chance of him cheating or dead I assumed but there are too many things to think of.

 

All of this stuff makes me think about a scenario and that is mum has a really really bad relationship with all of them and thinking about this seems kind of logical and less stressful and so I'm going to take that as the reason.

 

Looking back at mum's expression it tormented my heart and I could see that deep in those eyes of a deep blue ocean, there lies a distressed soul drowning, suffering, and griefing for help.  I don't know why I see it that way but I couldn't handle this sorrowful feeling to the point I was gripping the bedsheets so hard and I wanted to embrace her but before I could even move she just cut me off.

 

''It's alright Seth, It's alright, I know what you're thinking of, it's really obvious when you make that kind of face, I'm already happy enough with this kind of life, giving birth to you and Katie was the most precious gift that I could ever have'' She embraced, comforting my feelings. It's ironic that instead of me healing her feelings she's the one who's doing it on me which I felt I was a failure. 

 

''Mum! Just you wait! One day I'm going to break the chains that are holding you down!'' I exclaimed. She's definitely being tormented by her past and I know this because I have felt the same before, being hunted by your past and I'm going to break the chains. I don't know how long but one day it shall be done and that's my oath. 

 

''Awwww, look's who being the little white knight in shining armours, I'm glad that you say that Seth, it really means a lot to me but you don't have to do a single thing, everything's fine as it is'' She playfully scratched my hair roughly and cheerfully said. 

 

Are you telling the truth, are you being true to yourself is what I wanted to say to her but even if I did that she will somehow find a way to give an excuse, I've been there back at Earth, escaping and lying to myself that everything will be alright if time goes on. 

 

''Let me give you an award for being my prince'' She suddenly. She hugged me and gave me some smooches in both of my cheeks and she did it non-stop for almost 5 minutes before she decided to leave the room going somewhere. 

 

*Sigh* 

 

She's trying to escape that's for sure and even if I chase her now I wouldn't be able to do anything especially not with these tiny legs. Alright, let's just continue what I was supposed to do. 

 

I looked at rings on the bed and once again I can't help but be mesmerized by these rainbows of colours, mum must be probably such a grinder to do these much but I wonder how many are there inside of these rings?

 

Well, the first question that I should ask is how am I going to get points? I don't know how much slots are there inside of each ring but at least each would have dozens but the thing is I can't let all of them out inside this room, there's no way all of it could fit and there's no telling how big are the corpse is. 

 

''System, could I gained points from dead monsters or is there some sort like a requirement?'' I should have confirmed about this earlier on or else I wouldn't have to think so much

 

*Ding* *Ding*

 

*The answer is yes, Host can definitely gain points from dead corpses by saying 'absorb points' and it immediately points will be gained. There are no requirements but if fresher the corpse is the more points it will be gained. Corpse points are judged based on its quality, to explain more, each living being have 2 main important components which is known as Soul and Level which both of them are important when you kill a being you will immediately gain their levels of experience and consume it to increase your experience and for soul depending on what grade is it, you will be able to absorb them improving the progress of grading up but asides from that there is a different kind of energy existing inside of every being which is known as 'lifeforce'*

 

*Lifeforce can't be seen even with appraisal as they are an invisible kind of energy and it what makes every being existing, basically Lifeforce can be known as existence, it does not have to specifically mean the amount of time you can live, but it's something that is providing energy throughout the body, life-force is also connected to Soul, with every increase of Soul Grade lifeforce would also be improved and what Host will be absorbing is this life-force, converting it into points*

 

*The quality also does matter since it will be judged on how many points it will be given and there's a reason for that. When a monster dies, their leftover energies or life-force will be returned into nature as what Host has already known, mana essence, but before that there's a time limit. The life-force will linger depending on its soul grade and level and if Host wants to absorb point from the dead corpse, there would be fewer points*

 

T-That is really one long of explanation and my head can't handle this, I'm not really good with this kind of stuff but more or less I kind of get it but the fact that I would be able to gain points without doing anything is already good enough but there's one question that I have after listening to the system explanation. If this life-force is what to convert to points and I assumed that all of these pills don't actually pop up, it must be created by the life-force and if it's true then where do all the points that I have gained through the system came from?

 

I don't think it's important right now, after all, I'm getting points and that is what matters the most. 

26