Arc 0: My name is Seth Chapter 17
909 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
It has been a long time since I upload a chapter, so here it is, I'm not sure how different this chapter would be because I have there might be some slight changes to the mc behaviour as it has been a long time since I touch this novel, so forgive me, I'm really sorry.

 

 

As I'm walked on this path with sparks guiding me, I just really hope that this will be the last one, I don't want to spend any more second in this dark lonely cave.

 

When I finally reach the gate, it's the same as the previous, yet different. 

 

 It's not the same skull instead it has the carve of a domineering beast, and it's unlike anything I have felt, the gate or rather the carve omits out a feeling an aura of dominance. 

 

My body literally trembled for a second before I composure myself. This means, the monster that I'm going to face it's going to be strong. 

 

Strong or not, I still have to face it and what has there to fear about? Compare to the first floor, I'm many times stronger now and I have some advantages due to the skills that I have attained. 

 

 

I calmed myself and went nearer to the door,  but before I can even open it, I heard sounds of footsteps coming from behind me. 

 

Has my clone finished collecting all of the loots? 

 

My clone ran towards me and he offered the ring and I gladly took it while saying my thanks to him. 

 

Afterwards, I opened up the gate and heard a loud roar.

 

Just by that roar, its voice causes vibrations throughout the caves, the sharp edges of the roof began to fall, but this didn't faze me at all. I bravely took a step forward and magically when I entered the gate, the size of the case was 100 times bigger than all the other floors, I entered.

 

'Crack'

 

What greeted me right before my sight is a huge cave where the roof is high too the point, my eyes can't see where it ends, and the moment I gaze towards the monster that was the cause of that crackling noise, shocked flashes through my eyes. 

 

This monster aura....feels so strong and majestic. 

 

There's only an ounce of respect for this monster because this monster is not a monster, but rather a nobility kind. 

 

Its body is definitely many times bigger than me, it has long silvery wings, long sharp claws that could rip apart heaven and earth, silvery polished hard scales all over its bodies and mighty horns on its head, blue eyes like the ocean and somehow it reminded me of someone. but I couldn't remember who it is and because of that, sudden pain of migraine hits my head. 

 

'Why the hell did it have to be now?' It really hurts like hell, it's like someone is personally forcing his hands to tear my brain apart and because of that I groaned in pain and that led me to lose my balance. 

 

3rd Pov

 

The monster that Seth is facing is a monster called 'The Silver Dragon', a domineering race that were known for their monstrous strength, a single matured powerful dragpn can wipe the whole floor of 10 S rankers, however, luckily for Seth, it's not a mature one, but a young one that still growing. 

 

The Silver dragon that was preparing to attack was bewildered by the unexpected situation, it has expected the human to quickly uses its attack to strike it, but now, the human suddenly is in pain. 

 

Whether he is in pain or not, the dragon didn't care as it can use this opportunity that is before him.

 

It didn't know where this lowly being came from, but it knew that this human is strong. It knew that if this human had ventured through all 9 floors just by himself with no one helping, then it is a strong human, but for some reason, the dragon couldn't comprehend what just happen with this human, but it didn't bother.

 

It just wanted to kill this human and let it be over before continuing its slumber in other words, this human had disturbed its years of slumber and it wasn't the time to attack

 

It was a very confusing question on how did this human was able to enter this dungeon, but even so, human or not it will kill any enemies on its path.

 

The dragon charges towards the human who was groaning in pain and uses its sharp claws to slash him, but the human was able to block it, not with his hands but with all different kinds of shields it wasn't able to verify.

 

There were some bones covering up his chest, walls appeared that blocked his claws with some ice as its cloaked.  Seth created some armour bones, used the Bone Def Boost skill to summon bones of armour that increases his def by 15%, and he used another ice element skill, Ice shield to cast as the layer. 

 

Its hand felt cold and thought it was surprised, the dragon didn't stop there, it turned its body a swift 180 degrees and uses its long thick tail to smash against his shields.

 

When its tail smashed against the walls of defence, it made such a huge impact and sound, but when the dust was cleared there weren't any signs of him. Confusion arose inside of the dragon and it decided to use its ever rarely used skill, the 'Truth eye'.

 

This skill is granted to the dragon the moment it was born, it's one of the skills it has through its bloodline lineage. 

 

This dragon belongs to the category of a lesser dragon and it is not a true dragon, but a dragon is still a dragon, however, this one is still a growing lesser dragon and it can't use its bloodline lineage skills yet.

 

Only three skills are available through its lineage and to unlock more its soul grade needs to be higher and about its bloodline lineage, there are many of them and its silver bloodline lineage is yet a weak one or else it wouldn't appear in this low-level dungeon, but one must not underestimate this lesser dragon, it still has its own capabilities and some powerful skill that many rankers are willing to risk their lives to obtain just a single one. 

 

Back to the main topic, as the dragon uses the truth eye, it could detect any things that are being hidden or detect the location of the enemy, not only that it could break optical illusions or any tricks and the dragon was able to locate where this tricky human is, and it has found that the human is behind him.

 

It didn't panic instead as it turns around, it quickly gathered Mana essence on its mouth and uses a skill called 'The roar of the cold silver dragon'.

 

A roar of ice cover in a cold mist was shot towards the human who's still in pain, and as the roar was travelling towards the human, the dragon thought it was his victory but it didn't possibly could ever know that this lowly human being could ever block its skill with a similar element. 

 

The human uses skill ice shield to block the cold incoming wave and although it successfully blocked it, the Ice shield started to formed cracks, however, it soon recovered back because of continuously supplying Mp to recover.

 

By now, the dragon already realized that this human it's not a weakling and it decided to be more serious.

 

The dragon uses another skill, 'Silver shot' to shoot pierce the human, and again the human blocked it, but that was just to distract him as the dragon suddenly rushes towards the human, and without wasting any more time the dragon clashes with the human. 

 

Both of them were at a tie, attacks after attacks were no use, it's either deflected because of the dragon sturdy scales or the human using some defensive skill and so they exchange minutes of close combat.

 

The dragons use anything to just try to bring this human down but none of it was working, it tried slashing using its claws, stomp him with its feet, smacked him with its tail, bite him with its ferocious mouth, sharp wings to cut him all of it were useless.

 

It even tried using its most powerful skill, 'Dragon Aura' but it does not have any effect as it was countered by the human aura. 

 

The more time they exchange the angrier the dragon became, it refused to believe that the tiny human who has not even mature yet can go toes in toes with itself, it's impossible for a mere child to face lesser dragon. 

 

Its own pride started to be damaged, it couldn't accept nor believe that this human has a comparable aura to it and the dragon has finally enough of itk and decided to use one final skill that is meant to be as last resort.

 

The first skill that's granted by its lineage is the Truth eye. the 2nd one is Dragon Blizzard Element and the final one is 'Absolute Zero'. 

 

Why fear this skill? This skill should be fear amongst other lesser dragons, but because it consumed lots of Mp at a fast pace, it couldn't be at the top and this lineage couldn't succeed or be at the top. 

 

When the dragon uses this skill, its whole body emitted a chilling aura and cold mist came out from its body, the whole of its body is covered in some sort like an invincible silvery ice armour and everything about this dragon is ice, as though it has become an existence of ice itself. 

 

Whenever its feet or claws stepped onto the ground, the ground will be frozen due to how extremely cold the body of the dragon. The skill does not only gives an armour boost, but it also lets the dragon fuse with Blizzard element itself and now its whole stats are tripled and its Dragon blizzard skill from rank D is now rank C. 

 

It is such a terrifying skill if not for its Mp consumption, with every second it will consume 100Mp and the dragon only has 800Mp and it could only sustain for another 6 seconds plus using skills and afterwards its side effects would be bedridden for months, and it won't be able to use its Mp for the next few months.

 

That's why although it's an amazing skill it's not something proud to have for the dragons, there's so many risks involving which is why it will only be used as last resort, but for the dragon right now, it didn't care, it wanted to kill this human who have spoilt its pride. 

 

Right afterwards, the dragon flew up high with speed one couldn't catch up with, and from there it uses 'The roar of the cover dragon' and unlike the previous one, this is much bigger, powerful and colder.

 

Few meters away the caves surrounding froze due to the coldness of the roar and as the roar travelled towards the human it had a force that was shaking the whole cave. 

 

5 second

 

Somehow the human was able to dodge by throwing its spear far away and reappeared to where the spear is and the dragon was furious by this as it couldn't waste any more time.

 

Since its element skill rank has been temporarily upgraded into rank C, it could now use another two new skills. It didn't waste any more time and immediately used the new skill, Blizzard blast. When the dragon was near the human it uses its two claws to place it between the human, the human wasn't able to react because of how fast the dragon is, and it was trapped by the dragon.

 

Suddenly there's a loud boom of noise and the humans left and the right side has now been covered frozen. 

 

4 second

 

"AAAHHHHHHHHHH" The human screamed in pain and the dragon is delighted by this, and the human has fallen into the ground but the dragon didn't want to stop, it wanted to crush this human who has hurt its pride and so it uses one final skill, 'Wrath of the blizzard dragon'.

 

A wide silvery blueish magic spell appeared above the human and soon an ice meteor came out of the magic spell and it was heading towards the human. 

 

3 second

 

The human in any way is not able to stop that as it is too big and his body is groaning in pain and the meteor it's too wide for him to escape. So what did he do? He first heals himself to get rid of the pain. 

 

2 second

 

Time is quickly running out and the moment it ends the dragon will lose and when it saw the human himself it was pissed off. It couldn't let this human heal himself no matter so it decided to attack him for the final time and that's when the dragon didn't realize it was being lured into. 

 

1 second 

 

One thing about this ice meteor that the dragon failed to realize is that it is not the type of a pursuing skill as it will just destroy everything on its way. The dragon laughed over the fact that the human is going to die and smash by the meteor just like how the human should have been. 

 

0 second

 

It truly has felt so much happiness too the point, when it opened up its eyes, the meteor was just an inch away. 

 

*Boom* 

 

The meteor crashed onto the ground, crushing the dragon along and the meteor exploded, sending out a wave of ice that freezes its surroundings. 

 

Earlier on during the clash, Seth has placed his coordinates from his spear to the dragon body when he managed to form a contact which is why the dragon was suddenly exchanged places with him. 

 

It's kind of laughable to have been kill by your own skill. 

 

 

Seth pov

 

AHHHHHHHHHHH IT HURTS LIKE HELL!!!! 

 

The pain is too much for me to handle, the pain in my head was even hurtful than I've thought. It gotten even worse when the clash happened that increases the pain even more.

 

I tried using heal over and over again and it works, but still, it has some lingerie pain that remains around. 

 

It was such a hella of a fight, even though my stats are superb the dragon is still able to fight with my head to toe, and I'm only lucky because the dragon has let it guards down.

 

But I could have defeated the dragon easily if weren't for the pain in my head which has made me lose focus, although I've healed every part of my body it still aches so much for some reason, I just gritted my teeth and went to the dragon corpse. 

 

I'm surprised that its corpse still manages to be intact, even though it has been crushed by the meteor, its body still doesn't any signs of injuries, wait...there were some limbs missing.

 

The thought of finding out what kind of loot I'll be receiving overwhelmed all the feeling of pain I'm feeling and when I finally manage to collect the loots, I realized this monster seems to have a name 'The Silver Dragon'. 

 

Going through the loots, I'm delighted by the things I have received and used appraisal to find what each of the things is. 

 

 

 

Silver Lesser Dragon Orb
The very life concentration essence of the Silver Lesser Dragon Orb
+130 Str 
+50 Int 
+45 Def
+60 Crit 
+85 Will 
+30 Charm

 

 

 
The tear of the Dragon
A potion that could recover Hp, Mp, and Sp back to 100%. Usable only 3 times. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The dragon Orb somehow was different from others, the small orb is a replica version of the silver dragon head and as for the potion, it has the shape of a crystal while there's a carving of a dragon on its middle.

 

Looking at the orb strengthening stats made me think that it is such an overkill whereas, for the potion, it will definitely be such a huge support in the future. I might never know when I could be in danger and I'm sure the moment my Hp reaches zero, I certainly will be dead so this is some good stuff. 

 

These aren't the only ones that are contained in the loot as there were other more that made me tremble in excitement.

 

Like the 5th Floor, the dragon also drops its skills which I really wanted to have when I clashed with it. The whole time when I was fighting against the dragon, somewhere inside my heart I admired its skill, it really looks dazzling and cool for someone to have and now the same skills are placed in front of me. 

 

I squatted down to grab each tablet that was on the ground and as I held the tablet with both of my hands, my heart was beating so fast, and the more I looked through the more excited I became, probably there were stars in my eyes because of the excitement.

 

One by one I started to appraise each skill and that made me more elevated. 

 

 

 
Truth Eye
The Eye of the dragon to detect any hidden, location of the enemy, could also break illusions, delusions, or any tricks. 

 

Dragon Blizzard Element 
The element that contained the coldest essence of element and contained the force of a dragon. 

 

Absolute Zero
Materialize the armour of a silver cold dragon and have a chilling aura. Triple all stats. Side effects will be bedridden for months and won't be able to use Mp for the next few months

 

 
Dragon Claw
Summon the claw of the dragon where it could tear enemies into pieces

 

 
Dragon's Might
The shout of a dragon to boost allies and self Hp, Mp, and Sp by 20%. 

 

 
Dragons Aura
A potion that could recover Hp, Mp, and Sp back to 100%. Usable only 3 The intimidating of a lesser dragon to instil extreme fear inside the enemies. 

 

 
Lesser Silver Def
A passive skill to possess the def of a lesser silver dragon. Boost def by 30%.
 
 

 

Lesser Silver Str
A passive skill to possess the str of a lesser silver dragon. Boost Str by 30%.
 

 

Lesser Silver Spd
A passive skill to possess the spd of a lesser silver dragon. Boost Spd by 30%.

 

 
Lesser Dragon Recovery 
A passive skill that contained the regeneration of a lesser dragon. Boost all regeneration by 50%

 

 

A-Am I imagining things!? This is real right!? I couldn't believe what was before me as I looked through the many screen's information about the skills. Each and every skill has its own values but in terms of value, every skill won't lose out to one another.

 

I like the sound of the dragon blizzard element, it seems like it's much more superior than my Ice element and as for Dragon's aura, I'm not sure whether it's comparable to mine or not but oh well, I guess having another similar skill won't hurt me.

 

Before absorbing the dragon's skills, I store its core, orb and tear potion inside my bracelet inventory, and began smashing the tablets.

 

A few minutes later after breaking each tablet by smashing it onto the floor and absorbing the small light sphere that went into my head, I already received and absorbed the knowledge and now I have grown stronger yet again, but there's one more thing I should do and try out.

 

All this time, I had forgotten about one skill that I never even use after acquiring it which is the skill, Bone fuse.

 

I really forgot about it and didn't realize its ability could help me improve my stats and so I wanted to try out using it on the dragon. 

 

Surely the dragon is strong, so I'm sure that it will at least give me some decent stats but first let me summon some clones to help me up.

 

 I gave each of them a knife, and afterwards the clones and I started to cut the corpse of the dragon.

 

The dragon meat was really hard to cut through especially with its scales so the clones and I decided to use bone craft and crafted the sharpest bone that we could ever imagine. 

 

Finally!! We were done cutting and separating its bones with lots of effort.

 

I thank the clones and made them disappear and now I could eventually try out the skill I've been meaning to try. But I'm not going to take bone by bone to fuse it with me, it's time-consuming and there were hundreds of bones contained inside the dragon and if I really fuse bone per time, it would take me time so I don't think I will do that, so instead I will imagine. 

 

The skill, fuse bone, doesn't have any sort like a requirement on how to fuse so I imagined between me and the bones that were arranged in front of me on the ground, there was a barrier trapped inside with me and the bones inside.

 

As I am imagining that, I closed my eyes to help me focus more on creating the barrier. It's like a semi-sphere barrier and when I finally found the perfect substitution I utter 'Bone Fuse'.

 

Because my eyes were shut, I couldn't observe what's going to happen or whether this idea of mine is going to work or not but as seconds pass by, I feel a warm sensation of energy entering my body coursing through my blood.

 

It's really comfortable and as time moves on, there more energy entering. This energy feels so pure and it's clearing every problem I have inside my mind and I felt better because of that, but good things will always end.

 

The sudden gush of energy has already stopped and I felt dejected because of this since it is already over but as soon as I opened my eyes, the bones had disappeared. 

 

I was a bit stunned by this but it kinda made sense as the skill is literally absorbing bones to improve my stats.

 

Everything was fine until a sudden pain invaded my body, it felt like hundreds of needles stabbing into my nerve system, because of the overwhelming sense of pain, I screamed loudly like there is no end.

 

I didn't know what just happened as this is an unpredictable outcome and the only thing I could come up with thr fusion that I just did. 

 

What's the problem!!? So far there isn't anything bad supposed to happen, so what's the deal!? 

 

I groaned in pain and I lose my balance and fell onto the ground and because the pain so hurt much like hell I lost my consciousness. 

 

 

 

Charlotte Pov, somewhere around the north district 

 

*Sigh* What's up with all these documents!? 

 

My name is Charlotte Clandust and I'm at the headquarters of my own guild where it is named as 'Clandust Guild'.

 

It is a name after my own family name to honour them as we produce honourable and powerful rankers throughout each generation and in fact, this guild was build by my ancestors and until this very day, we remained one of the top guilds that were known as powerhouses. 

 

The Clandust Guild headquarters is built in the north district of Azith continent and like my ancestors, I am the leader of this guild and is known to be one of the many powerful high rankers in this district but right now, we have a problem, not a problem for me, but for the low rankers members of my guild.  

 

Before I come into that, the purpose of creating guild is to handle dungeons that appeared all around the north district and we do in fact gain lots of benefits when creating a guild.

 

If you join a capable guild and participate in dungeon clearing or Tower trials, you will succeed in life, but there are always risks inside the dungeon or tower as there is always an unknown cause or accident that will suddenly happen that could cause lives and that's why we would always at least send middle rankers with the low rankers to decrease the chance of death, but even sometimes we can't avoid that and we lost valuable members. 

 

Before a member joins a guild they will sign a contract whereby they will receive benefits and rules for them to follow.

 

Rule number 1, always participate in dungeon and tower if require and only max of 3 times of not participating could be allowed if more than that they will be kicked out unless there are legitimate reasons. 

 

Rule number 2, no fighting against over loots or steal loots from other members if found out, the member involved will be kicked out.

 

Rule number 3, no harassing female members or male members if they don't like it, if this were to happen, you will be ban from participating for 3 months and if this happens again, you will be kicked out. 

 

There are more rules that are stated inside the contract, but those are the minor ones and these are the major ones.

 

There were incidents that happen in the past whereby members of my guild, in fact, other guilds whereby they did not participate dungeon clear or tower which led all the hard work and careful planning in vain.

 

This might not be too serious but it is, as a guild, our main source of income majority comes from the dungeons and loots so if one never showed, we will lose some unimaginable results and there were incidents where we lost millions of dollars because of one person never showed up. 

 

There are some members that serve as our backup, but sometimes even they are also busy clearing dungeons and we don't have the time to find a high ranker to clear the dungeon with us so that's why I made this rule.

 

The second one is the one I hated the most. F

 

riendships were broken apart because of their greediness and even those who had relationships were broken apart because they were greedily for each other loots.

 

Not only that but there were extreme cases where one would even be willing so much just to kill their friend for their loot. 

 

This rule must be followed or else there will be personal consequences from me, the high rank, and the position I have is not a show for a reason and I personally hate those types of scumbags. T

 

he third one is really important for our morals and respecting each other and I really take this rule seriously, it is fine if the girl or guys find it to their liking or like being flirt but if I hear any complain and investigate it is true, the person should pray I won't come for him. 

 

Now Now, that is already enough so let's get back to the problem. 

 

Right now, there is a dungeon appeared in Area 32 Street 12 and the dungeon portal appeared inside one of a random business building in floor 11 and we already send some low-level member nearby to clear it.

 

The only way for the dungeons to disappear is to clear within 12 hours or else a sudden outbreak of monsters will appear and as for the month of Vlaxet where there will be an outbreak, the dungeons portal will suddenly appear all around the continent which is such massive problem for us to handle and we're not talking about the tower yet. 

 

So what's the problem with this dungeon? This is an abnormal dungeon.

 

Normally the only way to discover the difficulty of the dungeon is either use an appraisal device or a similar skill like that, for example, 'Magnify Secret', 'Clear Eye', or any kind but the easiest way is to use a stone.

 

Stone is known as Dungeon stone and it's only obtained after killing some super rare monsters, but even these are very hard to obtained and valuable so it's not a choice. 

 

However, there's an alternative way to identify the difficulty of the dungeon and that is to see its colour. 

 

Normally, when a dungeon portal appeared, it will be the colour of pure transparent white, and the harder the difficulty, the darker it gets, but this time the abnormal one appeared and any single person living in this world could immediately tell it's an abnormal dungeon because of it black pitch portal.

 

If it's an abnormal dungeon, there is no way for any of us to measure its difficulty, it's as though we are blocked and that could be very dangerous.

 

There 2 things that need to be noted about the abnormal dungeon, firstly, we can't tell the difficulty of the dungeon and we have to include the possibilities of monsters having rank above S+, and secondly, the ratio of monsters inside is just randomly and many rankers fear because of this.

 

The number could be just a single one or up to thousands or even more but the floor bosses will remain the same. 

 

In a time like this, there will always be an emergency and it's no time for us to rest any longer. 

 
 
 
17