Arc 0: My name is Seth Chapter 18
612 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Suprise! A new chapter is here again though it has been indeed quite a long time. I'll be honest here. I've forgotten about some of the plots and how some of the character personalities work so if there's any error in the novel pls point it out and it'll take time to refresh my juice before I start writing again. Btw, this doesn't relate any part of the novel but wish me luck as I have a test today.

In times like this whenever abnormal dungeons came out, I'll have to personally participate with the members of my guild and currently, the number of guild members I have could number up to tens of thousands of rankers and that's how powerful we are.

 

But before I set off to the dungeon in the next few hours, I'll need to message her as we will need her help. Out of all the high rankers inside my guild, she's the most powerful, in fact, she is already more powerful than me but because positions and fame don't matter to her, she just remained her lifestyle and I, as her friend should at least support her. 

 

*Sigh* If only I could have prevented that incident from happening, she wouldn't end up in her current condition.

 

I hope she at least read my messages and someday, I'll need to visit her once again to check up on her.

 

Her condition is getting worse every second of the day not to mention her daughter's special condition.

 

I'm really worried about her daughter, she's fooling herself every day and one day if she realizes the harsh reality, she will have a mental breakdown and I wouldn't want that happen to her so I have no choice, but to let her continue with her state before one day I find the special treatment. 

 

3 hours later after signing documents about reports of all the dungeons that we have cleared plus the ones we're going to clear, I called upon my members through my phone that we need to gather at Area 32 street 12.

 

I personally called my teleporter to transport me to that area within a second. There are some rankers inside my guild where they have the ability and skills to teleport anywhere and we have hundreds of them which made things easier.

 

The one who transported me is a guy name, Brock. He's like a butler for me, doing every single task I asked him to do, he's one of the trustworthy allies that I have and he could consider as my right-hand man. 

 

''How long are the members going to reach here?'' I asked Brock who's standing behind me.

 

We were right in front of the building and looking at how tall it is, I counted that there are around 30 floors and the one's that we will be going is floor number 11.

 

All of the people working inside this building have evacuated 1 hour before due to the notice that I have sent and now, there are media and people few meters away from us while the police were blocking them from entering. 

 

"According to the time that leader has sent the message, they will need an approximately 1 hour before reaching here, in the meantime, Leader should have a glass of lemon juice that I have prepared beforehand'' He said as he took out a glass of lemon juice from his inventory ring. 

 

''Why thank you" I politely said. Brock really knows just what I want, he really deserves to be a right-hand man. I grab the glass and drank the whole juice in one gulp and what can I say, it really hits the spots, but how can I enjoy if there were people making some noises, chanting and flashing out their phones taking some of the pictures of us.

 

*Sigh* Being a ranker is not an easy life. 

 

Eventually, all the members have arrived, they were walking down slowly taking their own sweet time as though this is some playground. Because of this, I sent them a wave of my Intent and they were terrified, they started sprinting towards and when they stopped before me, they greeted me. 

 

''''We're here Leader!!"" They shouted in unison as though it's a natural thing to do, well I'm the one who trained them after all. 

 

''How have you been Charlotte?" 

 

''If you want the honest truth then I would say stressed lately'' I replied to Maina.

 

She's one of the high rankers known to have unique healing abilities in my guild and also she has a beauty where she was courted by noble men's, but she rejected them for some reason.

 

She's the priestess and healer our guild as she's known to be a very kind and sweet girl and she's only 2o. A rising star,  I still remember the day I recruited her 4 years ago, she was just a Rank E girl and now she's rank A.

 

She's one of those talented people but I always treated her like a daughter, my age and hers is far apart, I'm hitting my forties soon and it will be time before my daughter will inherit my position. 

 

''Hey Charlotte, is Silvia alright? How's her condition? I'm really worried for her for these past ten years. At this rate, she's going to rot away and I already heard about her daughter, I really can't help but feel pity and sad towards them. If only I could help them in any way" One of my trusted members said and sighed while looking so sad. 

 

"I know how you feel Olivia but even I'm powerless about this and you already know that I tried knocking some sense into her to wake up but none of it was working, non at all, it's like she's stuck in her world not able to escape and I know that you understand what I'm talking about right? You already tried your best to at least help her daughter for these 10 years but she can't wake up from her own reality'' I said.

 

Her name's Olivia and she has the same age as I do and she's known as the 'Lion Queen'. She has the skills of a lion where one shouldn't underestimate her and plus she has the rank of SS. So you can't tell how powerful she is and shouldn't really mess with her. 

 

I get it where she's coming from but the more I or we tried talking to Silvia and Katie, the more they tried to escape so it's pointless and we should focus more on this dangerous dungeon before we go back to this topic. 

 

After conversing with some of my members, we ventured into the dungeon. Even though there are ten thousand members inside my guild, there are only hundreds of high rankers who have ranks of S or above and only ten of them are the most powerful and trustworthy allies.

 

One of them is Maina, she's only in this list because her potential is tremendous, even bigger than mine so it will not be unexpected if she reaches rank S in no time, the 2nd one is Olivia, the 3rd is Brock, the 4th is Silvia, the 5th is Cynric who's known to be the strongest fighter because of his skills of 'Elemental sword skills', the 6th is Jacob because of his swift assassin skills, the 7th is Jane because of her archer skills, the 8th is Suria because of her ability to summon capable humanoid figures, the 9th is Zakaria the one who controls the dead, the 10th is Selena the girl who uses uncanny tactics of poisonous skills. 

 

Maybe ten thousand were a bit too much that I decided only 50 high rankers should go in first and the remaining ones should stay on standby. The dungeon portal allows us to enter again no matter how long ago the first went it so it wasn't worrying and I told all of them, by 2 hours if we are not back, all of them should enter.

 

Right after that all fifty of us went in to take the elevator but since the lift can't fit all of us, majorities have to go and take the stairs. 

 

The moment all ten of us entered through the portal, the scenery has changed from an office room to a cave place. Sometimes, the places of dungeons could differ, but for now, it's only a cave that makes easier for us to explore. It's too dark right now and we have someone for that. 

 

"Light Orb" Maina cast one of her skills. Having her here with us is very crucial as she's our main support for the team. There is a ball of light manifesting above us and now we could see crystal clear in our surroundings as though it's like daylight. 

 

"What in the world is going on?" Cynric questioned.

 

We were dumbfounded by what we were seeing and even I couldn't believe what just happened. The bodies of the monsters were spread all over the place and when I looked carefully and squinted my eyes there is one spot where there were only bones left. 

 

To find the answers to our questions,  we went closer towards that spot. 

 

"Do you think someone has entered before us? It looks like someone had eaten the monsters meat and from what I could tell, these monsters are known as the black wolves because of their dark black pitch fur and there is no way monsters would devour other" The one who said that is Jacob.

 

What he said is true, there's no reason for the monsters to eat each other as there weren't any cases like that unless it's from the outside, but inside here, there's not a single one at least for now. 

 

"Someone? Someone came inside this dungeon without us noticing!? How could we let a person entered this dungeon even though we had already set the police to watch over it, you know what it means to get a civilian to involve don't you?'' Jane angrily said.

 

One thing about Jane is that she cares about justice so she is always the friendly type and because of that, many personally finds her ver likeable because of this personality of hers.

 

Nowadays, it's hard to find high rankers that are above S+ to have such a benevolent personality. It's either they are arrogant or just doing for the money, well it's not a problem since the strong are respected no matter how trashy they are as they could do anything they want. 

 

Yet what she mentioned is going to be a problem in the future. There's one unspoken rule about guilds, never let any civilians involved in any sort dungeon and tower activities and if we did, we will get a penalty and you wouldn't want to know it.

 

If this 'person' who entered the dungeon turns out to be another guild ranker, then it's all fine but if it's not then it will be a headache and I wouldn't want to think about it.  No matter what this is considered as letting a civilian involved and if we tried to hide it, it will make matters worst. 

 

We went on to the second floor while hoping that the previous was just somehow another abnormal encounter and probably there was some type of cannibalism monsters, which means we are trying to deny it and as soon as we entered the 2nd floor, all of our jaws dropped synchronizing. 

 

''Hey, it's not a coincidence that the same thing could happen twice again, and at least for now, we can rest assured that the civilian is alive and he has some skills and by that, you guys know what we're going to do right?" Selena said.

 

She explained to us that we can pay up the civilian or bribe him to give a false story and at first Maina, Olivia and Jane couldn't come terms with it because of their justice belief and we have to convince them as we were on our to the 3rd floor. 

 

Once we reached the ninth floor, we have received more surprises and shocked by the strength of this person. It seems that he is a capable guy and if there's an opportunity I should try inviting him out from my guild and that creates another solution for the problem.

 

The whole time as we walked through each floor, there were monsters that were burnt like charcoal, monsters that had their head pierced by, monsters that got their bodies mutilated and some gruesome scene where that we are facing right now. 

 

There were deep big holes on the ground and as we look at the end, there was a blood of pool with some half-cut meat. We couldn't realize what type of monsters is inside this but one thing we know is that it has a massive size.

 

I was flabbergasted by what I saw, all of this seems too weird now that I think about it. First of all, the person that entered this dungeon might not be a civilian, he might be a high ranked because the way he killed all of these monsters from floor 1 tells me that he has lots of skills, there could also be a chance of him being a villain. 

The scene that we saw didn't make us disgusted or puked, we were veterans and we have been through all this kind of stuff and this could be considered a minor. All of my members were frustrated by this, some were battle maniac, some wanted the loot and some wanted to level up but to me, Who is this person!? 

 

"Do you guys think that the person could have cleared the tenth floor and existed this place since judging by how he had killed the monsters, I'm sure he could handle the final floor?" Suria the petite woman said. 

 

''For all that we know, that person possibly is not alone, it could be a group of some wannabe adults trying to get recognition" Zakaria said. 

 

''You have a point" I said. Yeah, there were incidents where a group of people entered the dungeon without seeking permission which led to all of their deaths. Only a fool would enter a dungeon with no capabilities.  

 

I'm not sure why at this moment, I'm thinking about Silvia, it's so weird that my heart pulse starts to speed up, and every step I take is getting me worked up.

 

I'm having a feeling about this and I'm not sure whether this is a good omen or a bad one and a drop of water had dripped into my face and it's like a sign and as I looked towards the roof of the cave with all the messed up edges probability due to the battle that had taken over this place.

 

"Probably it's just my imagination" I said

 

"What did you say?"

 

 "Nothing. Come on, let's speed up" I said again as I called them out to fasten our pace, 

 

Whatever this weird feeling that I suddenly have, I shouldn't let it get over me. There's an important rule when fighting against monsters, don't ever let your feelings get ahead of you, you will make some unforeseen mistakes that will lead to your death. Always have a clear head and mind when battling monsters. 

 

As we finally reached the gate of the tenth floor, all of us were stunned by what we see. 

 

"It's a dragon!? Why is it here?"

 

"How could this be possible!?"

 

"Dragon or not guys we have to clear it, it's not like we're that weak and probably that person is having a hard time against and we should help him out" 

 

"Yeah you got that right"

 

"Hell yeah, we're not that weak!!"

 

Dragons are terrifying race throughout the world, if I have to say which race is the most arrogant and have high pride, it would be the dragons and they have some terrifying strengths that not even a 1o S ranks could handle a not fully grown S rank Dragon. That is what terrifying about them as they have tremendous, no, the limitless potential to grow. 

 

However, they don't involve too much on our daily activities and we don't need to worry about being attacked by them nonetheless Azith has prepared its own counterattack if they did but until this very day, we humans can't find where their lands are, it's as though they came out of nowhere. 

 

As Cynric opened up the gate, we were greeted by airs of chilling aura that makes one shivered up to death, but because our stats are high, we weren't affected too much by it. It's like a normal raining day kind of temperature but when we entered the dungeon, we were greeted by another surprise. 

 

''Oioioi, are you serious?'' Jacob surprisingly said. 

 

''What in the world happened here? It looks like something has happened'' Cynric said. 

 

The cave right now has been wreak havoc, all the walls, roofs, and the ground had holes all over it and some were frozen and what made us shocked is the broken giant boulder of ice. The pieces of the boulder were spread around all over the cave creating such a mess but one thing weird about this place is where is the dragon? 

 

My members and I were very confused so we started searching around in hopes of finding both the dragon and that person and we separated just for a while because the cave is really huge and that boulder almost took 2/1o of the cave space.

 

As we walked around, some of my teammates started kicking the debris and I know why. They were frustrated because we didn't gain anything from this. As I walked around trying to search for both of the causes, I heard a shout.

 

"GUYS COME HERE HURRY!!" Suria shouted. Judging by her tone, it sounded really serious so I started to head towards her which is not quite far away from here. 

 

"What happened?" I asked. She sounded really panicking so it must have been something serious. I noticed that she is holding someone who seems to be a 4-year-old kid, he has white and black scruffy eyes and he has rings on each of his fingers while his clothes were stained with blood. He was unconscious of her arm with his hanging in his elbow.

 

"WHY IS THERE A KID HERE!?" When Jane came over and saw this boy, she was mad. Mad because she thinks an innocent boy was somehow involved and she quickly grabbed him away from Suria while Jane let him rest on her shoulder while patting on his back.

 

While Jane is on the justice side there's one dark secret about her that I probably shouldn't say. Well, you can already guess and tell by what it is if you relate a male kid to her. So anyway, she immediately became like a lion mum protecting her cubs from us which in this case we were not the bad ones. 

 

She immediately gave commands to the ladies on what to do and what not, they even started to heal him afraid that there are any hidden injuries. 

 

"Leader, don't you think that this is very weird or should I say disturbing?" Brook said. Throughout the whole time, he didn't say any word and kept silence and now he has spoken out the words that I was thinking the same. 

 

"Yeah Brook, I know but for now we shouldn't reveal anything yet until we confirm that it's true on what we are seeing now" I said

 

"Understood" 

 

There's no way that this is happening in fact I don't want to belive that this is even possible on what should be impossible.

 

Those white and grey hair reminded me, someone, I'm close of and some of his features are the same as her, but even so, how in the world could this happen!? I think I'm starting to go crazy the more I try to deny it.

 

I'm feeling horrified and scared by this situation, it just seems too bizarre and unbelievable, I even start to sweat and lose my balance as my heartbeat increases and Brook helped me out.  

 

All of my members were too curious about the boy where they were forming their conclusions on how did this boy appear so they weren't notice what is happening at the back.

 

Let me tell you about my friend Silvia, what happened to her ever since that day, the day where she has lost her precious child, Seth Sivera in 2039.

 

It was such a heartbreaking moment on that day where sons and daughters of nobles, innocent teachers, parents, and children were all dead in a just single day.

 

The news spread all over the media and now, that school is no longer opened and is closed down because they were blamed for the causes and normally the principal should have been executed but because he has a high rank, he's able to preserve his life and continue to enjoy, however, his reputation has fallen. 

 

The one that breaks my heart the most was to see the process of Silvia's mental breaking down.

 

My heart just aches every time I think about it, she didn't want to refuse that her son was dead, she even participates in hunting down the villain that causes the disappearance of her child, yes, I said disappearance because she didn't want to believe that he's dead.

 

She was dead set on killing the villain in hopes of bringing back her child, but of course, once lives are lost it can't be brought back no matter how you argued. 

 

Yet she still stubbornly refuse the harsh reality and I could still remember the day when I told her the truth and she started to shout crazily while scratching her head roughly and greeting her teeth loudly and every day, her house was full of scratches and broken objects and every time I see her eyes, it was void of emotions.

 

I wanted to cry and i could recall the time where's sitting on a chair, and I was crying while holding her hand telling myself why did this have to happen, isn't it enough that she has already suffered enough because of her family and now she lost an important person in her life?

 

Before this happens, I still remember how she would boast about her child on how he's the most handsome and powerful man in the world and I would always be the one to entertain her because she's too the most important person in my life.

 

One could say that without her, I wouldn't live and be what I am today and because of that, out of all the members, she's the only exception where I, the guild leader allows her to come and participate anytime she wanted and it's fine if she rejected dungeon or tower participation moreover she would still receive a huge sum amount of money. 

 

Even so, she would always come and returned late and it's funny how she always complained about going home late in which she could return anytime and whenever she mentions about her Seth, I noticed she have a blissful expression and she never showed so much happiness with her bright warming smile which melted every single male members that were blushed.

 

I even heard from her that she proclaimed that she's going to marry Seth in the future and at first I was shocked but I thought that it is nothing new and it's just not rare since many families in order to perceive their genes, they tend to reproduce with their family members. 

 

But to protect each side, there is an establishment of laws where each part just be contented with each other feelings or both party has agreed on this matter, so it's not something surprised to be about and not too mention she has a high rank where it's super rare to have these days.

 

Logically her having that rank shouldn't be in this place anymore, but because fame and money don't faze her, she remained here. 

 

But now all of her bright, positive expression was extinguished only to be replaced by depression, hopelessness, and dead expression.

 

I always clenched my fist thinking how useless I was and I have no choice but to painfully let her escape this reality by convincing her this is all fake. I really know about Silvia and if I have tried inviting a specialist to let her heal her mental naturally, she would just break down more and worse she would even suicide and I can't risk that. 

One day as I visited her house and brought out some clothes that belonged to Seth and I held in front of her and said "Look, Seth, your mummy is waiting for you there" Silvia who was silence for years has finally spoken a word, "Seth!?" She was looking around trying to search for the already dead Seth and cried when she sees the clothes I'm holding. "Where did you!! Don't you know I'm worried about you?" 

 

"....." There was only silence replied because there weren't any Seth. 

"It's okay, mum is here, mum is so so sorry" She grabbed the clothes I'm holding and held it within her chest while crying out loud. I at the time who's witnessing all this didn't feel any better and I feel like I've sinned.

 

This isn't the right way to help but what can I do?  There isn't any other way and the more I waste my time the more she's going to deteriorate and I didn't really have any choice but to resort things like this.

Every once or then whenever I visited her house, I would always see her talking to Seth clothes, scolding him, singing lullabies and sleeping with it as though he's there and it made guiltier every second and because of that I was stressed and I didn't realize that I let a tear-out.

 

It wasn't hard being there for her but it was hard to heal her broken heart, there's no way I can put back the pieces if it's forever gone and never to be found. 

 

 

14